Carmelo Anthony is not an elite player

Forrest17

Rotation player
I've been watching a lot of Lakers since I moved out here to LA and Kobe's defense is no better than Melo. He does, however, score a lot of points and hit a lot of game-winning or game-tying baskets.

I can live with their shitty defense if Melo and Stat can score more points on the other end to make up for their defensive sucktitude.

Kobe is not an elite defender but he can perform the absolute basics of defense well enough so that he is not a complete liability. Simple things like, boxing out.. etc. Also I don't see Kobe commit stupid frustration fouls or turnovers in big situations like Melo does ALL the time

kinein

Benchwarmer
I fully expect Melo to get his game back soon ~ one thing to note is he is improving and regaining his confidence and ability. But he's not 100%

When Knicks are hitting on all cyclinders, they are either going 7 players+ in double digits or 3-4 with 20+ or more.

The teams too deep, too good ~ and has too many good passionate players from different perspectives. Defensive, rebounding, ball control, 3pt shooting - there is a lot to be excited about. Just look forward to when they can click all 4 quarters ~ and guys really start appreciating playing defense and rebounding.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
yeah, im wondering if he is out of his regular (preknicks) basketball shape. denver high altitude gives you a more stamina/cardio when you workout because you're actually working harder.

he should start using this...
4469807_f260.jpg

sherk using a air restriction mask

Knicks are better when Melo takes fewer shots because he is shooting 40%. He should be taking less shots and help the team in other ways, like playing D. If his shots are falling like the "old" Melo, he can take as many shots as he wants and no one will complain.
The old melo shot 40% also. That's what he is he scores because the amount of shots he takes not because his percentage

Den318

Benchwarmer
The old melo shot 40% also. That's what he is he scores because the amount of shots he takes not because his percentage

I think the old Melo is at least a 45% shooter. The current bum Melo is barely shooting 40%. JR is 38%, BD is barely 30% and Shumpert is 37%. Teams are doubling Novak, Lin, Amare etc because we have no one that can shoot the ball. Shumpert gets a pass because he is a rookie and plays great D. Melo, BD and Jr have no rights to shot the ball right now.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Carmelo Anthony took so many bad shots- he really specializes in getting the ball, holding it for five seconds, and then doing an off balance turnaround jumper from a bad angle and barely htiting the rim- that's his shot. Or else he chucks up a three pointer with 15 seconds left on the shot clock- anything rather than keep the flow of the ball movement going until they get a good shot. Anthony is very over-rated- he is not a good team player, and his shot selection is awful. They should trade Anthony for a player with good defense and rebounding who can also fit in with a fast-paced game,. if they can get one.

look back at his career then start bitching about his shooting.

at the end of a game, when his team is on the road and he has the ball, the opposing crowd holds their breath.

do u know how stupid the knicks would look trading their whole roster last year for melo and then turning around and trading him? theyd look clueless. when you have a supreme talent like him, you gotta work through the kinks. yeah he'll have to hold onto the ball sometimes but the offense will just have to adapt. maybe cut down on that a bit. because when we pass, somebody is bound to get freed up

munco

Benchwarmer
He's gonna have some big scoring nights and other nights where he shoots terribly. I just wish he would play with effort on defense. He's often asleep on defense or plays with no energy on D unless he's playing Lebron.