Donnie Almost Resigns Because of Isiah

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
as long as dolan owns the knicks we are doomed... its just that simple and david stern should get the blame for this. he should have stepped in a long time ago and demanded dolan stay out of day to day operation or sell the team. the dolan's are just a bunch of thugs that used government payola to establish a cable monopoly and keep it together... jr is a daddies boy lackie and i.t. knows it and how to stroke it obviously.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
i do believe this report...... think about it ......what president (walsh) would want the other fired president(isiah) hanging around talking to the owner???...... and then to hire isiah to advise walsh????....... ON WHAT!!!!!how to ruin a franchises????? if im walsh i would quit ....... and if the story is true about the GM job.... and i for one believe it..... id quit right on the spot telling dolan to take this job and shove it......... NOW I HAVE TO QUESTION MYSELF...........DO I REALLY WANT TO SUPPORT A TEAM OWN BY DOLAN!!!!! dolan is breaking my will

JayJ44

Starter
Ehh, I don't really believe this article. I think the media is just trying to stir up a story. Isiah will have the same role he had when he first got fired: a consultant with no power.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Ehh, I don't really believe this article. I think the media is just trying to stir up a story. Isiah will have the same role he had when he first got fired: a consultant with no power.

Why bring him onboard the second time? Why have him talk to LeBron? Why give him credit for getting Amar'e? Why is he still in the picture?

All of this smells very fishy!

JayJ44

Starter
Why bring him onboard the second time? Why have him talk to LeBron? Why give him credit for getting Amar'e? Why is he still in the picture?

All of this smells very fishy!

I don't think he ever really left. He's been consulting them unofficially since he was fired. Believe it or not, some players still respect him to a certain extent. He probably had something to do with bringing in Amare, that's a lot more believable than some plot to give credit Isiah when he doesn't deserve it. He's still in the picture because the organization feels he can help them recruit players and evaluate talent.

I wouldn't make more out of this than it really is. Of course, if I'm wrong, we're all royally ****ed.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
sorry JAYJ44 i think we are royally ***ed....... thk about it........ if dolemite really wants to thank someone how about thanking walsh for get us under the cap so we could offer max contracts..... also the daily news and the ny post knicks beat writers both pick up this story u think there both wrong??? or making this up as they go along ??.....one more thing........MONEY HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH AMARE being here.......... no other team would offer him max contract with his injured past

p0nder

Starter
man o man. I think i would of understood if donnie had resigned, but i'm glad he didn't. Perhaps he can try to Isiah-proof the team over the next two seasons....

So disappointing to have him as a part of our organization again.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
man o man. I think i would of understood if donnie had resigned, but i'm glad he didn't. Perhaps he can try to Isiah-proof the team over the next two seasons....

So disappointing to have him as a part of our organization again.

lol........... we need to make the organization dolemite proof

It's all biz. Dolon is smarter than most people give him credit for. I'm into business too and most sucessful businesses flurish due to sacrificing. The public opinion is often never the deciding factor. Most fans don't understand the biz side of things. Walsh and D'Antonio aren't respected enough to bait in the big fish, and this is the SOLE reason why Zeke is in the mix. Just look at what was brought in over the summer...Dolon wants more for his bucks (elite players) so he's using Zeke to fish CP3 and Mello.

Dolon, Zeke, Walsh, And Antonio need to put differences a side and use their special talents to making the team NY deserves. F#$% what a fan has to say about the internal circus in the Knicks organiztion. The sorry ass media does not get my underpants in a bunch like most panzy panty wearing fans who have nothing else better to do than to pretend like they know how easy and hard it is to run a professional sports team.

What players do off the court I can give 2 shits about, what Zeke and the administration is doing behind close doors...I can give 3 shits about it. What Wlah D'Antonio and Zeke thinks about each other...I can give 4 shits about it. I can clog a comode with all the BS people (so called fans) choose to make an issue out of. All I care about is a Great team that will compete

The Knicks could trade away Gallinari and someone else for Carmelo this year or Denver <ST1:p</ST1:pwill risk loosing out on everything next year because Carmelo will not sign the extension. This is why Zeke is in the mix. He’s there to persuade the elite players because neither Walsh nor D’Antonio is savvy or respected enough to attract the big fish. Dolon knows this…Walsh may be able to clean up some financial issues but that’s about it. Ego's will hinder this team more than anything else.

PYP - Play. your. part

maybe that grim reaper dude story was right about thomas having secret photos on him because i dont even think dolan is that stupid...or is he?

jimkcchief88

All Star
1050 is having a call in about this Isiah disaster. What a mess.... Just when you think its safe to go back in the water.... Still the laughingstock of the league.....

shaolin

Benchwarmer
It's all biz. Dolon is smarter than most people give him credit for. I'm into business too and most sucessful businesses flurish due to sacrificing. The public opinion is often never the deciding factor. Most fans don't understand the biz side of things. Walsh and D'Antonio aren't respected enough to bait in the big fish, and this is the SOLE reason why Zeke is in the mix. Just look at what was brought in over the summer...Dolon wants more for his bucks (elite players) so he's using Zeke to fish CP3 and Mello.

Dolon, Zeke, Walsh, And Antonio need to put differences a side and use their special talents to making the team NY deserves. F#$% what a fan has to say about the internal circus in the Knicks organiztion. The sorry ass media does not get my underpants in a bunch like most panzy panty wearing fans who have nothing else better to do than to pretend like they know how easy and hard it is to run a professional sports team.

What players do off the court I can give 2 shits about, what Zeke and the administration is doing behind close doors...I can give 3 shits about it. What Wlah D'Antonio and Zeke thinks about each other...I can give 4 shits about it. I can clog a comode with all the BS people (so called fans) choose to make an issue out of. All I care about is a Great team that will compete

The Knicks could trade away Gallinari and someone else for Carmelo this year or Denver <ST1:p</ST1:pwill risk loosing out on everything next year because Carmelo will not sign the extension. This is why Zeke is in the mix. He?s there to persuade the elite players because neither Walsh nor D?Antonio is savvy or respected enough to attract the big fish. Dolon knows this?Walsh may be able to clean up some financial issues but that?s about it. Ego's will hinder this team more than anything else.

PYP - Play. your. part

You got to be joking!

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer

The Knicks could trade away Gallinari and someone else for Carmelo this year or Denver <ST1:p</ST1:pwill risk loosing out on everything next year because Carmelo will not sign the extension. This is why Zeke is in the mix. He’s there to persuade the elite players because neither Walsh nor D’Antonio is savvy or respected enough to attract the big fish. Dolon knows this…Walsh may be able to clean up some financial issues but that’s about it. Ego's will hinder this team more than anything else.

PYP - Play. your. part

dude...... i dont know what u been smoking but ur going need to past that around to get me to believe that thomas can be any help at all ........ lol u said dolemite was succesful.....lol..... AT WHAT!!!! running daddys company???? the only succesful think he done was be born to daddy rich......i take that back..... he has been succesful at one thing......destroying the NEW YORK knicks..... hes done a very good job at that!!!!!!!

Last edited:

shaolin

Benchwarmer
dude...... i dont know what u been smoking but ur going need to past that around to get me to believe that thomas can be any help at all ........ lol u said dolemite was succesful.....lol..... AT WHAT!!!! running daddys company???? the only succesful think he done was be born to daddy rich......i take that back..... he has been succesful at one thing......destroying the NEW YORK knicks..... hes done a very good job at that!!!!!!!

I don't know what I should be laughing more at: the lessons of business or the justification of letting Isiah make any decisions re: basketball operations. It's like no one else can judge talent or recruit better than this guy. He is the best we can do, and without him, we will lose out on many future free agents. F out of here! I am really tired of hearing any reasons as to why it is good that Isiah helps the Knicks.

And just because someone is running a business or overseeing the operations does not mean they know what they are doing. Sure, he knows how to make money. It's hard not to when running a team like the Knicks that is located in one of the world's largest markets. It's not like you have to advertise to sellout. Just because Kozlowski was the CEO of tyco, it didn't mean he was good for its business growth. The Yankees could fail and still be the most profitable team in MLB. Still, it does not mean that the owners necessarily know how to run a baseball team well. Actually, once Steinbrenner's sons shut up and let Cashman and girardi run the show, look what happened. Dolan can oversee the business, but let Walsh take care of the operations, including making the hiring decisions. Let's not kid ourselves, Dolan is a clown that is not equipped with the knowhow of running a successful basketball team - that is what I am convinced of.

Last edited:

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
I don't know what I should be laughing more at: the lessons of business or the justification of letting Isiah make any decisions re: basketball operations. It's like no one else can judge talent or recruit better than this guy. He is the best we can do, and without him, we will lose out on many future free agents. F out of here! I am really tired of hearing any reasons as to why it is good that Isiah helps the Knicks.

And just because someone is running a business or overseeing the operations does not mean they know what they are doing. Sure, he knows how to make money. It's hard not to when running a team like the Knicks that is located in one of the world's largest markets. It's not like you have to advertise to sellout. Just because Kozlowski was the CEO of tyco, it didn't mean he was good for its business growth. The Yankees could fail and still be the most profitable team in MLB. Still, it does not mean that the owners necessarily know how to run a baseball team well. Actually, once Steinbrenner's sons shut up and let Cashman and girardi run the show, look what happened. Dolan can oversee the business, but let Walsh take care of the operations, including making the hiring decisions. Let's not kid ourselves, Dolan is a clown that is not equipped with the knowhow of running a successful basketball team - that is what I am convinced of.

thomas is not the end all in scouting talent...... its all about dolemite hard on for this guy..... and lets give Steinbrenner some credit ..... remember what the yankees look like before he came to town??? i didnt agree with every thing he did but say this about the man.....HE WANTED TO WIN PLAN AND SIMPLE ......CAN WE HONEST SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT DOLEMITE?????and lets not forget it was charlie dolan that try to put the screws to george steinbrenner years ago in a cable TV dispute that made george think about starting his own network.......... thats when the yankees became a cash cow

Last edited:

shaolin

Benchwarmer
thomas is not the end all in scouting talent...... its all about dolemite hard on for this guy..... and lets give Steinbrenner some credit ..... remember what the yankees look like before he came to town??? i didnt agree with every thing he did but say this about the man.....HE WANTED TO WIN PLAN AND SIMPLE ......CAN WE HONEST SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT DOLEMITE?????and lets not forget it was charlie dolan that try to put the screws to george steinbrenner years ago in a cable TV dispute that made george think about starting his own network thats when the yankees became a cash cow

I don't mean George Steinbrenner, I mean his sons. But I guess the same could be said in terms of wanting to win. I like your last point.

Just to clarify, I wasn't disputing your comments, but the guy you replied to. I think you are right, he must be smoking something.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I just vomited in my mouth. I thought we were really getting going in the right direction and then here we go with this bullshit. We had a young athletic team that was capable of challenging for a playoff spot then we do this dumb shit. Dolan starts pushing the ****ing panic button because he doesn't see a team chalk full of superstars and Isiah starts telling Dolan that we should get him in to get Melo and CP3. Well what happens if we don't get those guys and were stuck with Isiah long term. Seems it is a bad thing. He is a piece of shit of a person that you don't want working in your office. This is awful.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
I don't mean George Steinbrenner, I mean his sons. But I guess the same could be said in terms of wanting to win. I like your last point.

Just to clarify, I wasn't disputing your comments, but the guy you replied to. I think you are right, he must be smoking something.

thks buddy..... yeah this guy is definitely drinking the kool aid:drink:lol

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Walsh and D'Antoni aren't respected? Please. None of the Team USA players had anything but good things to say about D'Antoni.

The reason we didn't sign three max players was this: We still had Eddy Curry's contract on our roster. You know why we have Eddy Curry in the first place? Oh right some dude ISIAH THOMAS went and traded away our picks for that guy.