Melo has strong desire to play in NY

Uselessjunk-com_R_Kelly_WTF_gif.gif

Just to let you know, I?m not surprised that went over your head?not at all.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Just to let you know, I’m not surprised that went over your head…not at all.

You're a funny dude. That didn't go over my head. It's just an unbelievably stupid comment and I can't believe you actually think it is a smart business decision to keep Isiah. Remind me to never hire you to run a business. Too funny.

You're a funny dude. That didn't go over my head. It's just an unbelievably stupid comment and I can't believe you actually think it is a smart business decision to keep Isiah. Remind me to never hire you to run a business. Too funny.

Why is it stupid to have him scout talent? I don't care what he or anyone else is doing behind close doors. My money goes to waching players play, I don't get involved with soap operas...

Let Zeke scout, and let walsh handle the contract negotions. whats wrong with that?

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Why is it stupid to have him scout talent? I don't care what he or anyone else is doing behind close doors. My money goes to waching players play, I don't get involved with soap operas...

Let Zeke scout, and let walsh handle the contract negotions. whats wrong with that?

Where do I begin?
<O:p</O:p
Would you rehire someone who did a dreadful job? That is essentially what you are arguing for, and it’s stupid. If Isiah, as a consultant, could only give his advise and not make official decisions, what is the point of providing him that job? It’s really pointless. But, given the fact that Dolan highly admires his insight in many areas from running an NBA team to scouting talent, he would most likely put more weight on Isiah’s decision rather than let Walsh do his job with the freedom he would need to operate the team successfully. I cannot see Isiah and Walsh synergizing their efforts in the best interest of the team, and moreover, in a way that is beautiful. That is what I call a conflict of interest. And the worst type of conflict of interest is one that is internal. I support any idea that puts Dolan in a less threatening position to do harm to the team, and I feel far more comfortable with Isiah far away from the team as possible. <O:p</O:p
Isiah made some horrible moves from signing an overweight Vin Baker, who had major alcoholism problems, to signing Jeffries, who is supposed to be our defensive stopper when he is nothing more than an above average defensive player at best. How about not protecting the pick in the Curry trade that would have given us the number 2 pick. You think it ends there? There are so many other atrocious management decisions he made that were just mind-boggling. Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury as the next great backcourt that play no defense and are primarily similar? Thank you, but no thanks. And he traded Ariza and Hardaway’s expiring contract for that massive long term contract. He never seemed to learn from his mistakes. He always thought he was one quick fix away from turning the Knicks into a playoff contender. We had a bunch of scorers that never in their entire careers made a team better, yet Isiah thought he could mix-and-match and hopefully hit gold. The best part was that he helped teams get rid of a toxic asset much in the same way that AIG had toxic assets on their balance sheet and might as well be CDS contracts written on toilet paper because they were worth nothing, but used to be attractive eons ago. My favorite pickup is Jerome James. Yes, that was your man’s decision. A slow, flat-footed center who had 3 good games in the playoffs (not even great games), and he all of a sudden deserved a massive long term contract? Jerome was never a shot blocker, he was an average rebounder, and he couldn’t score, and he definitely was never a great shape. How is that scouting for you? Isiah was given chance after chance after chance, and we got worse. Dolan never wanted to fire him. You are supporting this man. It’s beyond me. Isiah is a joke.<O:p</O:p
And by the way, Walsh is more than a contract negotiator, he is THE PRESIDENT, which means he gets involved in the scouting and the overall operations of the team. If he didn’t, he wouldn’t be much of a president, would he?<O:p</O:p
And for your claim that you don’t care or get involved with soap operas suggests that you don’t care about a president/coach that cost a team 11 million in a sexual harassment suit, and you don’t care for someone who has little integrity. Integrity matters! Having a positive culture matters! I simply do not trust him with anything. And if you think Walsh can use a consultant, then why Isiah? There are far better people out there who have worked as top scouts for decades.<O:p</O:p

Shaolin, Ireally appreciate the thoughts you put into your post and you bring up some very good obvious points...such as the Jerome James incident. I still don't really know how that BS manisfested.

However, I like what Zeke can do as far as attracting talent, Walsh (imo) just dosen't have that attraction...not with out money to wave around. Zeke came in trying to clean up a mess too (lets not forget that little tidbit). I agree that he didn't have the attributes of running the franchise or negotiating contracts, but his knack for recognizing talent just can't be argued. Who knew about Nate, Lee, Wilson, Frye, and Ariza? They all are decent players with high potintial as well.

No, Zeke is not a good coach, (i'm not debating that) No, he's not a good GM( i'm not debating that either). He's a proven B-Ball talent that knows what to look for in a player. Walsh lacks in this area but is good with other aspects of the biz.

Again, I'm not really going too go to deep into the biz part because I'm not in the meetings, so I will not pretend to know what goes on behind closed doors just because the media says it's so.

My only concern is to watching a decent game again at the garden. And as of yet that has yet to be seen...but some people are acting like they know what's going to happen...even going as far to say what seed they will be in the playoffs...if they make it. I mean, how can you talk with people who think ahead of themselves? I use facts...and from what most are saying about Walsh's team has yet to be seen...now has it?

smokes

Huge Member
Shaolin, Ireally appreciate the thoughts you put into your post and you bring up some very good obvious points...such as the Jerome James incident. I still don't really know how that BS manisfested.

However, I like what Zeke can do as far as attracting talent, Walsh (imo) just dosen't have that attraction...not with out money to wave around. Zeke came in trying to clean up a mess too (lets not forget that little tidbit). I agree that he didn't have the attributes of running the franchise or negotiating contracts, but his knack for recognizing talent just can't be argued. Who knew about Nate, Lee, Wilson, Frye, and Ariza? They all are decent players with high potintial as well.

No, Zeke is not a good coach, (i'm not debating that) No, he's not a good GM( i'm not debating that either). He's a proven B-Ball talent that knows what to look for in a player. Walsh lacks in this area but is good with other aspects of the biz.

Again, I'm not really going too go to deep into the biz part because I'm not in the meetings, so I will not pretend to know what goes on behind closed doors just because the media says it's so.

My only concern is to watching a decent game again at the garden. And as of yet that has yet to be seen...but some people are acting like they know what's going to happen...even going as far to say what seed they will be in the playoffs...if they make it. I mean, how can you talk with people who think ahead of themselves? I use facts...and from what most are saying about Walsh's team has yet to be seen...now has it?

While Zeke has potential in spotting talent and attracting star players I'm not sure how proven it is and how you can cite it as a valid reason for bringing him back into the organization.

Yes he made a few good draft picks, but he also made a few bad ones. Anyone can get lucky with picks and have a 50/50 success rate, doesn't mean he has an excellent eye for talent.

Zeke's picks:

Lee (good)
Ariza (good)
Chandler (good)
Frye at 8th (bad)
Balkman (bad)
Collins (bad)

Plus he may have drafted some good players but he didn't get them the PT to back up his picks so it wasn't until Walsh took over that we really got to see those players shine. Not to mention he traded away so many of our picks that could have been superb players, it doesn't really fill me with confidence. AND he traded away Ariza and Frye so... Yeah...

Also, we just went through the most star-studded free agency in history with Isaiah supposedly helping out recruitment team, did he help us to land any of those star players? Nope...

Just having him in an official role for the Knicks is worrying, because we all know Walsh is leaving in the next couple of years and having Isaiah in the organization ready to jump on that GM position is really scary.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
While Zeke has potential in spotting talent and attracting star players I'm not sure how proven it is and how you can cite it as a valid reason for bringing him back into the organization.

Yes he made a few good draft picks, but he also made a few bad ones. Anyone can get lucky with picks and have a 50/50 success rate, doesn't mean he has an excellent eye for talent.

Zeke's picks:

Lee (good)
Ariza (good)
Chandler (good)
Frye at 8th (bad)
Balkman (bad)
Collins (bad)

Plus he may have drafted some good players but he didn't get them the PT to back up his picks so it wasn't until Walsh took over that we really got to see those players shine. Not to mention he traded away so many of our picks that could have been superb players, it doesn't really fill me with confidence. AND he traded away Ariza and Frye so... Yeah...

Also, we just went through the most star-studded free agency in history with Isaiah supposedly helping out recruitment team, did he help us to land any of those star players? Nope...

Just having him in an official role for the Knicks is worrying, because we all know Walsh is leaving in the next couple of years and having Isaiah in the organization ready to jump on that GM position is really scary.

Co-sign. Good post :thumbsup:

Isaiah was the biggest cancer we had. Thank God he's not a part of our organization.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You have to be a ___king moron not to see the utter destruction and mayhem Isiah brought to our beloved franchise.. Seriously WTF?? People need to stop w this BS!!!

If I had no other choice, which is what it seemed like I was faced w only 24 hrs ago, I would begrudgingly accept Isiah in a token position in the Knicks org. But I am so relieved that wasn't allowed by the league. For anyone to say they'd actually like to have him in the fold... man, i just can't conceive how that's even possible. People like that should have to take an ass whooping from Charles Oakley.

On Melo, he is great. He is no doubt the best scoring foward in the league, hands down. I just really hate the fact he does't pass well. I like multi-faceted players and Melo cannot be characterized this way. He is one dimensional. This is the primary reason why I think we should stick w Gallo.

Gallo can pass abit, shoots the lights out, will rebound and he has moxy on the defensive end.. And he's smart!

I like Gallo. :thumbsup:

Last edited: