Sources: Carmelo Anthony likely to go

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
If he signs... we automatically become an elite team.
Felton
Melo
Gallo
Amare
Randolph/ Mozgov
Turiaf, mason, chandler, azzy, walker, jordan, fields off the bench. Crazy team

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I refuse to take the bait like a hapless fish. I'll believe it when it happens.

Stop being excited over news that does not have a reliable resource. A lot of things can happen that can influence his decision.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
1. We get another ex-Syracuse player. I don't really watch much college ball, but I suppose if I had to pick some teams, I'd root for Syracuse.

2. We get quite possibly the best pure scorer in the world. Yes, I believe as a scorer Carmelo is better than anybody else in the NBA.

3. Carmelo is versatile and can play SG, SF, and PF if we want him to.

4. Even if we ignore the CP3/Parker talk, we're automatically elite, like the above player. If Gallo plays to his potential, then I think with Carmelo we have a realistic shot at being the best team in the East.

New New York

Quiet Storm
New York Trade Breakdown

<TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
</TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony

6-8 SF from Syracuse
28.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.2 apg in 38.2 minutes
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD>Eddy Curry
6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
3.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.9 minutes
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Danilo Gallinari
6-10 SF from Italy (Foreign)
15.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 33.9 minutes
Randolph_Anthony_gsw.jpg
</TD><TD>Anthony Randolph
6-10 PF from LSU
11.6 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.7 minutes
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

Denver Trade Breakdown

<TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD>Eddy Curry

Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
Randolph_Anthony_gsw.jpg
6-10 PF from LSU
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
</TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony
6-8 SF from Syracuse

Looks like Carmelo may take the dough and ask Den. to trade him or may force him to trade him in risk of losing him for nothing. Gallo and Randolph is better than anything The Nets is going to offer!

Felton/Douglas/Rautins
Wilson/Azabuike
Melo/Walker
Stat/Melo
Ronnie T./Mozgov

I'm realistic we would only be the 4th best team in the East in terms of record with this roster but would be a very dangerous matchup come playoff time and could knock off a #1 seed in the second round.

But this would make us respectable again and relavent in the basketball world!​

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
One thing i will always remember about Melo is the punch he had on Mardy Collins. Mardy Collins deserved to get punched. Before he was suspended Melo was leading the NBA in ppg, and he has a real good chance of accomplishing that for the next season.
Everyone involved in that brawl on the Knicks is no longer playing with the Knicks, we changed for the best. To have Melo sign with NY will be a big change to become a championship contender. Melo will become a NY hero if he comes to the Knicks and win the championship title.
But I'm a dreamer. Man I want the Knicks to win it soon, I hope they win it in my life time.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
One thing i will always remember about Melo is the punch he had on Mardy Collins.

You mean that sucker punch where he came around a crowd of 10 guys and flung a punch out of nowhere then backed up about 40 feet back to his own bench for protection? That was the biggest pussy immature move I have ever seen in the history of sports, for a guy making multimillions, out of NY, to make a woman move like that at MSG, the mecca of basketball. F**K Carmelo Anthony, get him as far away from a Knick team as he can possibly get, I don't want him on my team, if he signs I will boycott the team and march up and down 34th and 7th in protest until he is gone, give me John Starks, give me Charles Oakley, give me players that want to pull on the orange and blue & bleed Knicks night in night out and show it night in night out, I don't want no dream team, big 3, big 4, big 5, i want blood sweat and tears, I want passion, i want bruises, i want cuts, i want those marks left on the court. F**k Carmelo Anthony.

metrocard

Legend
New York Trade Breakdown

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
</TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony

6-8 SF from Syracuse
Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD>Eddy Curry
Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
Randolph_Anthony_gsw.jpg
6-10 PF from LSU

Denver Trade Breakdown

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD>Eddy Curry

Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
Randolph_Anthony_gsw.jpg
6-10 PF from LSU
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
</TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony
6-8 SF from Syracuse

Looks like Carmelo may take the dough and ask Den. to trade him or may force him to trade him in risk of losing him for nothing. Gallo and Randolph is better than anything The Nets is going to offer!

Felton/Douglas/Rautins
Wilson/Azabuike
Melo/Walker
Stat/Melo
Ronnie T./Mozgov

I'm realistic we would only be the 4th best team in the East in terms of record with this roster but would be a very dangerous matchup come playoff time and could knock off a #1 seed in the second round.

But this would make us respectable again and relavent in the basketball world!​

You should be ashamed of yourself.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
You mean that sucker punch where he came around a crowd of 10 guys and flung a punch out of nowhere then backed up about 40 feet back to his own bench for protection? That was the biggest pussy immature move I have ever seen in the history of sports, for a guy making multimillions, out of NY, to make a woman move like that at MSG, the mecca of basketball. F**K Carmelo Anthony, get him as far away from a Knick team as he can possibly get, I don't want him on my team, if he signs I will boycott the team and march up and down 34th and 7th in protest until he is gone, give me John Starks, give me Charles Oakley, give me players that want to pull on the orange and blue & bleed Knicks night in night out and show it night in night out, I don't want no dream team, big 3, big 4, big 5, i want blood sweat and tears, I want passion, i want bruises, i want cuts, i want those marks left on the court. F**k Carmelo Anthony.

lol sucker punch, I cant believe your so stupid that you don't know that punk deserved it. And calling someone a woman and then saying fk them on the internet is more of a pussssy move then punching someone and running backwards when you got a bunch of big ass basketball players coming at you. Ur a joke

KBlack25

Starter
New York Trade Breakdown

<table class="breakdowntable" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th colspan="2" scope="col">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr><td class="photo">
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
</td><td>Carmelo Anthony
6-8 SF from Syracuse
</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="breakdowntable" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th colspan="2" scope="col">Outgoing Players</th></tr><tr><td class="photo">
Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
</td><td>Eddy Curry
</td></tr><tr><td class="photo">
Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
</td><td class="even">Danilo Gallinari
Randolph_Anthony_gsw.jpg
</td><td>Anthony Randolph
6-10 PF from LSU
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Denver Trade Breakdown
<table class="breakdowntable" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th colspan="2" scope="col">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr><td class="photo">
Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
</td><td>Eddy Curry
Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
</td><td class="even">Danilo Gallinari
Randolph_Anthony_gsw.jpg
</td><td>Anthony Randolph
6-10 PF from LSU
</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="breakdowntable" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th colspan="2" scope="col">Outgoing Players</th></tr><tr><td class="photo">
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
</td><td>Carmelo Anthony
6-8 SF from Syracuse
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Felton/Douglas/Rautins
Wilson/Azabuike
Melo/Walker
Stat/Melo
Ronnie T./Mozgov

But this would make us respectable again and relavent in the basketball world!

You kidding me? If Melo wants out no way...NO ****ING WAY...am I giving up Randolph AND Gallinari. This is how a market economy works...everyone knows Carmelo wants out, and if he has mind to go to to NY, he won't sign an extension anywhere. We become basically the sole buyers. As sole buyers we can name our price. That means NOT giving up EITHER of our two brightest young stars...not to mention BOTH of them. Melo is a good player but he's not worth risking our entire future and potential to have a team that GROWS UP in this league playing TOGETHER. We've done that enough this past decade.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I used it once and I have no shame in using it again:

troydance.gif

And why would we trade Gallo and Randolph? If Melo is forcing Denver's hand then Curry and a few pieces would suffice. Cap room speaks volumes and if they got Curry and Chandler, that's $13m+ right there. Maybe we'd have to tack Gallo onto that trade if things get dicey, but we should be able to effectively rape Denver in a deal if Melo is forcing their hand.

No need to get excited about the possibility of getting Melo and throw all of our youth at Denver.

GetRealistic

Starter
I"m 100% on board with getting Melo and getting Melo now.. I am however with Metro and KBlack in that i don't want to trade Gallo and Randolph. As much as i think Randolph is going to be an all star i'd probably rather trade Randolph because at this moment we know right now that Gallo would fit in perfectly with Melo and Amare because he can shoot the three and spread the floor. If we traded Gallo and kept Randolph i wouldn't be heart broken but we'd lack outside shooting.

The only way i'd consider trading Gallo and Randolph is if the trade really expands. And we get back other talent from Denver. Something like a JR Smith.

Not saying i would do it but you could trade Curry, Gallo, Randolph, and Buike for Melo and JR Smith.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Do we really want to talk about another player NOT on the Knicks roster for a whole season?

Do we really want to see the Garden cheering Melo when he comes to the Garden as a Nugget?

Does this franchise need another year long distraction, again?

Our best option is to wait until next year, when he is a free agent. Why give up Gallo and/or Randolph for Melo now when we can just sign him outright next offseason?

If we give up Gallo and/or Randolph for Melo, that doesn't make us a contender. It moves us up to about the 3 or 4 seed. We are most likely a 7 seed this year. We should wait and ADD Melo to our current roster and then we become contenders.

If Denver makes the mistake of not trading then they stand to take a big lost next year. Trade Gallo and Curry...maybe Walker too. Mello can spread the floor with his shooting while Stat and Randolph dominate the post.

mafra

Legend
U P D A T E

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_15800179?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+dp-sports-nuggets+%28Denver+Post:+Sports:+Nuggets%29

Kiszla: Nuggets don't want to get LeBron'd by Carmelo Anthony

<!--subtitle--><!--byline-->By Mark Kiszla
The Denver Post

While deciding where he wants to spend the rest of his basketball life, Carmelo Anthony will do what's right by his family.

But believe this: Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke will do what is best for his hefty investment in an NBA franchise, even if that means trading Melo.

There is no way Denver can afford to lose the face of its franchise for nothing as a free agent.

The Nuggets are now considering a strategy to part ways with their 26-year-old star forward, according to a league source.

After quietly gauging trade interest in Anthony for weeks, the team's consternation has only risen as he has made no move to accept a $65 million offer for a three-year contract extension that was formally presented more than a month ago.

The Nuggets don't want to get LeBron'd.

LeBron James toyed with anxious minds in Cleveland before ripping out the hearts of Cavaliers fans by announcing a departure from his home state on live television. As was first reported by The Denver Post in June, the Nuggets are prepared to trade Anthony rather than watch him opt out of his contract next summer.

With a resume that includes an NCAA championship won at Syracuse and an Olympic gold medal that helped restore international luster for American basketball, Anthony has the skills to make the dream of the first NBA title in Denver a reality. But the team and its best player seem to have drifted slowly apart.
So what would be the trade market for Anthony?

His 28-point career scoring average through seven professional seasons should attract keen interest in Anthony from a franchise looking for a star to sell tickets in the regular season or hit a big shot at the buzzer during the playoffs. Anthony's contract situation figures to give him leverage in trade negotiations, because any team looking to add the 6-foot-8 forward would want to be assured of keeping his services long term.

With experience dealing for high-profile players such as Allen Iverson and Chauncey Billups, Denver has established a comfort level when it comes to making blockbuster trades.

The team showed sincere interest in retaining Melo, as Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien tried to sell the idea that Melo could become the basketball version of John Elway and be a sports icon in the Rocky Mountains.

Warkentien, however, was part of a front-office purge that also cost executive Rex Chapman his job.

The time has come for the Nuggets to give Anthony a deadline to sign the extension.

"I could wake up tomorrow and they could snatch it off the table. I don't know. I don't know what their mind-set is," Anthony said recently, during a break from his annual youth basketball camp.

The first duty of the Nuggets' next general manager could be the high-risk, high-reward task of trading Anthony. While former Phoenix Suns executive David Griffin is among the candidates for the job, a familiar face to longtime Denver sports fans expressed interest in joining the new Denver management team.

Lafayette "Fat" Lever, a point guard who averaged nearly a triple-double in points, rebounds and assists during the 1988-89 season, has worked with the Sacramento Kings as director of player development.
"The body might not be what it once was, but the mind has definitely gotten stronger," said Lever, who celebrates his 50th birthday this week.

"I'm not qualified to be the general manager of the Denver Nuggets or any other NBA franchise at this point in time. But the love of building a basketball team is in my blood, and I definitely have a lot to offer as a member of the front office."

Mark Kiszla: 303-954-1053 or [email protected]