Sources: Carmelo Anthony likely to go

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
You ah Sucker

lol sucker punch, I cant believe your so stupid that you don't know that punk deserved it. And calling someone a woman and then saying fk them on the internet is more of a pussssy move then punching someone and running backwards when you got a bunch of big ass basketball players coming at you. Ur a joke[/quote

Yo you Stupid for even calling him (DIRK) out....IT WAS A SUCKER PUNCH and yo check this out if you man enough to go into the crowd and sucker punch someone than Man up and fight and dont ****ing run like a Bitch like Melo did when Jared Jeffries was gonna earth that Ninja..........

Oh and I agree with the whole Internet Gangsta Movement all you Bitch azz ninjas be acting up.........stop frontin and keep it respectful...Lets go KNICKS

GetRealistic

Starter
Do we really want to talk about another player NOT on the Knicks roster for a whole season?

Do we really want to see the Garden cheering Melo when he comes to the Garden as a Nugget?

Does this franchise need another year long distraction, again?

Our best option is to wait until next year, when he is a free agent. Why give up Gallo and/or Randolph for Melo now when we can just sign him outright next offseason?

If we give up Gallo and/or Randolph for Melo, that doesn't make us a contender. It moves us up to about the 3 or 4 seed. We are most likely a 7 seed this year. We should wait and ADD Melo to our current roster and then we become contenders.

We aquired all these assets to be pro active. I'm tired of just sitting around and waiting for the next offseason... How well did that work out this off season??? If we can get Melo now we get him now.

I understand that everybody is hesitate to give up Randolph and/or Gallo but if thats the price we have to bite the bullet and make it happen. If you noticed good players take alot less money to go play with other great players. The heat added Mike Miller, Eddie House, Big Z, Juwan Howard, and others for absolutely nothing. If we had a foundation of Melo, Stat, and a offensive friendly system other players would come.

We can't and shouldn't wait. What happens if Melo is traded in the middle of the season to another team because we decided to wait. He goes to that new team and loves it and decides to sign an extension there. Then were shit out of luck.

We're in a position where we probably could get away with doing a Chanlder, Curry, Randolph or Gallo for Melo trade. Yes its giving up alot but were getting one of the best scorers in the league and a nuclues that can recruit a chris paul, deron williams, or Tony Paker.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We aquired all these assets to be pro active. I'm tired of just sitting around and waiting for the next offseason... How well did that work out this off season??? If we can get Melo now we get him now.

I understand that everybody is hesitate to give up Randolph and/or Gallo but if thats the price we have to bite the bullet and make it happen. If you noticed good players take alot less money to go play with other great players. The heat added Mike Miller, Eddie House, Big Z, Juwan Howard, and others for absolutely nothing. If we had a foundation of Melo, Stat, and a offensive friendly system other players would come.

We can't and shouldn't wait. What happens if Melo is traded in the middle of the season to another team because we decided to wait. He goes to that new team and loves it and decides to sign an extension there. Then were shit out of luck.

We're in a position where we probably could get away with doing a Chanlder, Curry, Randolph or Gallo for Melo trade. Yes its giving up alot but were getting one of the best scorers in the league and a nuclues that can recruit a chris paul, deron williams, or Tony Paker.

I would be surprised if Denver trades one of the best players in the league for Curry, Chandler and Gallo. It is most likely going to cost us a lot more. If that is all it takes, then I'm fine with it. But I don't want to gut our team for a player that will probably opt out and become a free agent and sign with us anyways.

It is widely known that he wants to be a Knick and it is unlikely that a team will trade for Melo without a guarantee that he will resign with them at the end of the year.

In the meantime, we move on. I'm just tired of all of this free agent crap.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
New York Trade Breakdown

<TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
</TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony

6-8 SF from Syracuse
28.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.2 apg in 38.2 minutes

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD>Eddy Curry

6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
3.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.9 minutes

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Danilo Gallinari

6-10 SF from Italy (Foreign)
15.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 33.9 minutes

Randolph_Anthony_gsw.jpg
</TD><TD>Anthony Randolph
6-10 PF from LSU
11.6 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.7 minutes

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

Denver Trade Breakdown

<TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD>Eddy Curry

6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
3.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.9 minutes

Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Danilo Gallinari

6-10 SF from Italy (Foreign)
15.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 33.9 minutes

Randolph_Anthony_gsw.jpg
</TD><TD>Anthony Randolph

6-10 PF from LSU
11.6 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.7 minutes

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
</TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony
6-8 SF from Syracuse
28.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.2 apg in 38.2 minutes

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

Looks like Carmelo may take the dough and ask Den. to trade him or may force him to trade him in risk of losing him for nothing. Gallo and Randolph is better than anything The Nets is going to offer!

Felton/Douglas/Rautins
Wilson/Azabuike
Melo/Walker
Stat/Melo
Ronnie T./Mozgov​

I'm realistic we would only be the 4th best team in the East in terms of record with this roster but would be a very dangerous matchup come playoff time and could knock off a #1 seed in the second round.​

But this would make us respectable again and relavent in the basketball world!​

Is that you, Isiah?

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
lol sucker punch, I cant believe your so stupid that you don't know that punk deserved it. And calling someone a woman and then saying fk them on the internet is more of a pussssy move then punching someone and running backwards when you got a bunch of big ass basketball players coming at you. Ur a joke[/quote

Yo you Stupid for even calling him (DIRK) out....IT WAS A SUCKER PUNCH and yo check this out if you man enough to go into the crowd and sucker punch someone than Man up and fight and dont ****ing run like a Bitch like Melo did when Jared Jeffries was gonna earth that Ninja..........

Oh and I agree with the whole Internet Gangsta Movement all you Bitch azz ninjas be acting up.........stop frontin and keep it respectful...Lets go KNICKS

It wasent in the crowd, the punch got thrown on the floor. You cant even tell a story thats on youtube! PLEASE

I really dont want to give up Randolph and Gallinari for Carmelo anthony. If the Nuggets are asking too much then i think its best to go after him next season when he becomes a free agent. However, if I had to choose between who id rather trade in Randolph and Gallinari I would say Gallinari because i just think that anthony Randolph raw talents ability and potential is hard to pass up by specially in this system and is a superior athlete to Danilo Gallinari although Gallinari is a better shooter and three point range. However I would maybe consider trading Raymond Felton to get Carmelo although im a bit skpetical about it. Dont know but maybe Raymond Felton is the key piece to get Carmelo Anthony brecause i think his talent will interest Denver but they have Cahuncey Billups unless they are considering trading him showing that they are beginning to rebuild? WE should just be smart and not repeat the same mistakes of trading right away to get a star player to win all the way right now. :afro:

I dont think we HAVE to give up Gallo AND Randolph in this trade and if we have to trade one, its going to be AR4. D'Antoni and Walsh are as high on Gallo as Dolan is on Isiah, so yeah I dont think so...

and if Melo is DEMANDING a trade to the knicks, (he has a no Trade Clause) doesnt that mean they have to trade him?

I put this into the trade machine and it worked.....

New York Knicks Recieve

Carmelo Anthony

Denver Nuggets Recieve

Eddy Curry
Wilson Chandler
(I put in Toney Douglas and it worked but instead how bout...)
1 Second Round Pick
Draft rights to Landry Fields
Draft Rights to Jerome Jordan

Blumatic

Rotation player
Do we really want to talk about another player NOT on the Knicks roster for a whole season?

Do we really want to see the Garden cheering Melo when he comes to the Garden as a Nugget?

Does this franchise need another year long distraction, again?

Our best option is to wait until next year, when he is a free agent. Why give up Gallo and/or Randolph for Melo now when we can just sign him outright next offseason?

If we give up Gallo and/or Randolph for Melo, that doesn't make us a contender. It moves us up to about the 3 or 4 seed. We are most likely a 7 seed this year. We should wait and ADD Melo to our current roster and then we become contenders.

If we are a good team this year. Talks of Carmelo will be more quite. Fans will be cheering the Knicks to beat the Nuggets. But Knick fans are smart they know his coming here will make us a championship contender.

If we are a good team this year. Talks of Carmelo will be more quite. Fans will be cheering the Knicks to beat the Nuggets. But Knick fans are smart they know his coming here will make us a championship contender.
Exactly. We will be a top 5 team in the NBA, 2nd or 3rd seed in the east, and will probley be in the Eastern confrance finals.

PG: Felton
SG: Anthony
SF: Gallinari
PF: Stoudemire
C: Turiaf (unless Randolph realy is 7 feet now)

BENCH

Mozgof
Azabukie
Douglas
Randolph
Mason
Walker

(Curry Chandler and the two other rooks were in my fantasy Mello trade)

Also I was just Lieing donwn abot to take a nap and i have 1050 on in the background. and the SportsCenter guy said This just in:

Carmelo Anthony has officially been traded to the New York Knicks.....Thats what all Knicks fans are waiting to hear...

And I got all excited and then im just like....what an A-hole.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
^^^ Why gut the team and ruin our future in the process?

Exactly man.

P.S. First we had the Lebron hype, then Chris Paul, LOL, now its MELO... :D

I cant believe you guys....

Lets just give this very young core a chance... And we do have an ALL star in the team... And now we have made a huge upgrade at the PG position so lets make the playoffs first.... Develop this team and then with this team in 3-4 years win championships. I think its very do-able if Gallo, Randolph, Felton, Mozgov, are given the chance to prosper and if they are coached properly...

As far as Carmelo Anthony, we should stay calm, basically not give a damn whether he comes to NY or or not. IF our attitude is like that, then trust me we will attract more players.... ;)

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Carmelo

Because of the uncertainty surrounding what will follow the current Collective Bargaining Agreement which expires on June 30, 2011, it is in Carmelo's financial interest to lock into a long term contract before the uncertainty begins. My guess is that he wants to come to the Knicks, but also wants a sign and trade.

A sign and trade would require Denver to take Curry. If they were to do that, Denver would certainly want significant "assets" as well. I do not want to lose either Gallo or Randolph, but I cannot imagine a package acceptable to Denver that would not include at least one of Gallo or Randolph and other valuable pieces.

I would counsel patience. When we finally get a new CBA, I doubt it will have too great an effect on players of Carmelo's stature. I would like to see our current team at least for a few months of the season. Will Gallo show improvement? Will Randolph begin to live up to his immense potential?

With the possible exception of the Nets, who might be close enough to New York to satisfy Carmelo, his wife La La, and her career, no one outside New York will trade for Carmelo unless he signs long term. I can wait a year for Carmelo if it means saving significant assets

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Because of the uncertainty surrounding what will follow the current Collective Bargaining Agreement which expires on June 30, 2011, it is in Carmelo's financial interest to lock into a long term contract before the uncertainty begins. My guess is that he wants to come to the Knicks, but also wants a sign and trade.

A sign and trade would require Denver to take Curry. If they were to do that, Denver would certainly want significant "assets" as well. I do not want to lose either Gallo or Randolph, but I cannot imagine a package acceptable to Denver that would not include at least one of Gallo or Randolph and other valuable pieces.

I would counsel patience. When we finally get a new CBA, I doubt it will have too great an effect on players of Carmelo's stature. I would like to see our current team at least for a few months of the season. Will Gallo show improvement? Will Randolph begin to live up to his immense potential?

With the possible exception of the Nets, who might be close enough to New York to satisfy Carmelo, his wife La La, and her career, no one outside New York will trade for Carmelo unless he signs long term. I can wait a year for Carmelo if it means saving significant assets

I tend to agree with you but can we really keep Gallo AND AR while picking up Melo next year? I guess it's possible but I just don't see that happening and we risk losing Melo and lose one year of Melo's prime. I think losing one of our young studs for a proven player like Melo is worth it. As much as I love Gallo I rather keep AR since he is more versitle and has a bigger upside. Replacing Gallo with Melo is a huge improvement at the SF regardless of a predicted break out year for Gallo.

Melo and Amare is a young legit core that we can build around. If AR and Felton can significantly produce than we are title contenders this year and can legitimately go at Miami/Boston/Orlando in a series.

Felton
Azzy
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

with AR, Chandler, Mozgov and Douglas off the bench is a scary deep team.

nyk_nyk

All Star
If Melo signs that massive extension, would we even be able to make a trade work? Wouldn't he be getting paid over 20 mil? We would have to give up Curry and our highest paid players (not Amare).

Another thought is we could easily be involved in a 3 team trade to make it work.

If he REALLY wants to come here, he can make it happen. I don't have any inside info but my common sense tells me that he wants to become bigger marketing wise (NY) and also be a part of a big 3 (NY maybe). Also, his wife is in the entertainment business and this is where she got her fame. Moving back here would do wonders for LaLa's career. His wife has become something of a socialite now so why would she want to live in Colorado when all of her celebrity pals frequent NYC? It really makes a lot of sense for him to relocate here. Business and personal.

Oh yeah, they were both born in Brooklyn. (Love my ****ing borough!)

Kiyaman

Legend
It's funny how this thread already show the majority of members in KO Forum
will be mentioning the Knicks going after the next NBA team Franchise Player in
"every" Knick topic throughout the 2010-11 season.
This would make the 3rd season in a row of being single minded, only looking at one type of player.

Dont feel bad the NY media has influence every Knick Forum within one month to discuss strongly
on the topic of Carmelo Anthony coming to N.Y.. Carmelo had alot to do with it being in NY alot this
summer, while refusing a short extension on his contract. Business wise we all would do the same
by waiting one year to get a 6 yr max contract.

Carmelo may be a top-10 high scorer in the NBA, but Melo no-defensive skills could stay in Denver.
Melo's high scoring took Denver to 7 playoff seasons, but getting knocked out in the first round 6 out
of 7 times, speaks alot about Carmelo perfomance in a playoff series.

The Knicks are much safer keeping Chandler/Gallo at the 48 minute SF spot.
Wilson Chandler defensive skills are 10 times better than Carmelo/and Gallo's peremeter shooting
is on par with Carmelo.
Carmelo will be earning $15.8M this season, take one guess on how much he wants to play for
the Knicks??

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
This would make the 3rd season in a row of being single minded, only looking at one type of player.

Dont feel bad the NY media has influence every Knick Forum within one month to discuss strongly
on the topic of Carmelo Anthony coming to N.Y.. Carmelo had alot to do with it being in NY alot this
summer, while refusing a short extension on his contract. Business wise we all would do the same

Carmelo may be a top-10 high scorer in the NBA, but Melo no-defensive skills could stay in Denver.
Melo's high scoring took Denver to 7 playoff seasons, but getting knocked out in the first round 6 out

Wilson Chandler defensive skills are 10 times better than Carmelo/and Gallo's peremeter shooting
is on par with Carmelo.
Carmelo will be earning $15.8M this season, take one guess on how much he wants to play for
the Knicks??

The only reason that denver went to the playoffs was melo. Denver sucked and never went to the playoffs. Carmelo can't do it all by himself. Nene and K martin arent good enough. Jr smith is to streaky. Chauncey billups is good but thats still not a good enough team. So that doesent speak about carmkelo performance in the playoffs. You fail!!!

moneyg

Starter

is on par with Carmelo.
the Knicks??

melo is a scrappy player.. he may not be elite defensively.. but id rather have him playing d for me than gallo... and while u make some good points.. melo deamnds a double team and can create his own shot.. gallo cant.. he a catch and shoot player at this point.. melo can create.. take his man off the dribble.. bang for rebounds better than gallo.. passes better than gallo.. and most important.. in a close game when melo dribbles.. stops.. then pops.. it almost seems like his shot is going in everytime.... as of right now.. u cant count on gallo or chandler for that...

sorry .. just the facts..