Micheal Kay: Knicks offer to Nuggets

nykway24

Rookie
Just as a FYI a part of that trade for mello would be signing him to an extension, so he wouldn't be a FA next year

pakopako

Benchwarmer
To all the "I wanna keep Gallo" people. Would you have traded Carmelo Anthony if he was career Knick to in order to get Gallo?

Well, that's a little unfair. Gallo' is younger than 'Melo so we can't say that. Would anyone trade an established young star for a younger almost-established star hoping to get that extra year out?

I see the benefits of sending one draft pick, one young up-and-comer and one fat contract for a young star like 'Melo. Add any more (like another potential break-out Anthony), and that's really pushing it.

I suppose it comes down to: "In order to get Carmelo Anthony, we'd have to give up a draft pick, Curry's contract and either Gallo or Anthony" -- I'd pick Gallo. We're trading one scoring SF for another scoring SF.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Wtf ?

Hey i love Gallo but his shooting slump last season told me that this guy might not blossom untill a couple of years into a consistent offensive threat.

I do think he will improve to a 20 ppg scorer in no time, but he might be very inconsistent, 30 one night...14 the next...12 the next time then back to 26..like that.

Melo is a consistent super star that can score from anywhere in any way, Gallo can be a young Dirk but give him a good 2-3 years before making an all star team.

Melo puts us a level above from a B- team which we are now to a A- team that can go to the Eastern Conference finals. We still could not beat the Heat unless we had Chris Paul but we would win 2 or 3 games in a series with Felton, Azabuke, Melo, Amare, Randolph...and a bench of CHandler, Douglas, Turiaf, Mozgov, Mason jr, Walker.....not bad

WHY DA F NOT PAUL ? WHY COULD WE NOT BEAT THE HEAT WITH FELTON,AZZY,MELO,STAT,AR......ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME DUDE....I THINK WE WILL RAPE THEM WITH THIS LINEUP .....

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I really do not understand how you could justify keeping Gallo in that trade over Melo. What is the one word that gets thrown around a lot? Upside! Another word? Potential!

Is Gallo a potential All-Star talent? Sure! But I think he's peak is a borderline all-star. He might get one or two all-star selections I think. I don't think he will be an "every-year" all-star, and definitely not a superstar. Let me put it this way, I do not imagine that the entire defense will be geared into stopping Gallo when he peaks like they do against Melo. It's not even close. As a matter of fact, I think Randolph has more potential than Gallo.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
I'd say the addition of AR allows us to push away Gallo. People forget that even though AR is big, he can still shuffle between the 3 and the 4, hit big jumpers, etc. He's not the outside scoring talent that Gallo is, but offers the inside intangibles that Gallo is not.

Who am I kidding, I don't want to lose Gallo -- I'd say throw Chandler in, but I doubt DEN even wants Chandler -- To me he is like a taller J.R. Smith, they don't need him.

And to anyone who thinks the Curry contract is worthless to trade, I am happy you're not a GM :peace:

mafra

Legend
Just as a FYI a part of that trade for mello would be signing him to an extension, so he wouldn't be a FA next year

I believe so. According to a blurb on ROTOWORLD:

"The latest Carmelo Anthony rumor, from CBSSports.com, is that "the Magic are believed to be at the top of his list along with the Knicks."

The Knicks are said to have offered Danilo Gallinari, Eddy Curry (who has a huge expiring contract), and a future first-round pick. Any deal would first require Melo to sign the three-year maximum extension Denver has offered, but the process might be slowed by the fact that the Nuggets don't have a GM right now (former Suns executive David Griffin is the favorite). Stay tuned."

They got this from: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/23943102

THERE IS ALSO A REASON why Melo wants a trade. As we all know, he can only sign for X if he leaves DEN and joins NY or ORL or whatever. BUT, if he's traded this season, he can sign with his enw team for X + b/c they would be able to spend more to keep their own player. Bird rule or whatnot.

moneyg

Starter
I believe so. According to a blurb on ROTOWORLD:

"The latest Carmelo Anthony rumor, from CBSSports.com, is that "the Magic are believed to be at the top of his list along with the Knicks."

The Knicks are said to have offered Danilo Gallinari, Eddy Curry (who has a huge expiring contract), and a future first-round pick. Any deal would first require Melo to sign the three-year maximum extension Denver has offered, but the process might be slowed by the fact that the Nuggets don't have a GM right now (former Suns executive David Griffin is the favorite). Stay tuned."

They got this from: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/23943102

THERE IS ALSO A REASON why Melo wants a trade. As we all know, he can only sign for X if he leaves DEN and joins NY or ORL or whatever. BUT, if he's traded this season, he can sign with his enw team for X + b/c they would be able to spend more to keep their own player. Bird rule or whatnot.

i dont think the magic has anything to offer denver.. they dont want jameer because they have lawson ans billups.. they dont want vince carter even though he has an expiring contract. they want a youg player to build around and the magic dont have one.. there only expiring contracts next years are fot vc with a team option and ryan anderson... bass and petrus would be ok but theay have multi year contracts.. lets not over bid...

.id worry more about the nets.. but im not sure melo would want to do that.. im sure he wants the knicks if its ny...AND WITH THE WAY LOPEZ LOOKS AFTER HIS ILLNESS THIS SUMMER,,.. told u so..... Hes lookin more like a regular ol center..

shout out to all the guys that said lopez was better than dlee and amare and he cant even make team USA...

CLOWNS
:smokin:

quiggle

Starter
it would really be in James Dolan's best interest to try to force a trade for Carmelo that includes Gallinari since that would most likely mean D'Antoni's time is up as well and allow for Isiah to return to the Knicks. it was Isiah who advised Carmelo to not go near the basket when the Nuggest knicks brawl, right?

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
it would really be in James Dolan's best interest to try to force a trade for Carmelo that includes Gallinari since that would most likely mean D'Antoni's time is up as well and allow for Isiah to return to the Knicks. it was Isiah who advised Carmelo to not go near the basket when the Nuggest knicks brawl, right?

Why don`t you go and post on Miami Heat`s forum. IDK do they even have one?

Dantoni and Donnie Walsh cannot be fired... Because u know why...because they have done their job so far...

When they took their jobs, they didnt promise championships in 2 years, like Isiah did. They promised that they were gonna make a lot of cap room o sign max players and upgrade the team that they inherited... and they did that so far... The team now has max players, and is drastically upgraded...

And yes maybe soon it will have Carmelo Anthony in it...

All Isiah new what to do was create problems, with his smiley asss fake ass face..

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Gallo

I have been a big fan of Gallo, but I have had some second thoughts which will relieve me of some angst if he is involved in a trade for Melo.

What has disturbed me is the fact that he has spent the entire off season in Milan or otherwise on "vacation." There is a lot of room for improvement in his game and I do not think Milan is the place for that improvement. The pick up games in Europe can not possibly match the available pick up games in New York. He should have played some Rucker ball and have worked out with his NBA brethren in New York. Presumably Greg Brittenham would have been around for work in the gym.

I recall when D'Antoni was asked about Gallinari during the Vegas summer league, he said something to the effect that "he's been in Milan. He had better be ready" for the season. D'Antoni's facial expresion suggested he was not happy about Gallinari's absence. Why wasn't Gallinari even in Vegas, at least to meet with the new guys from Golden State?

Recently Kiya posted a quote from Turiaf who said that he "has been on vacation with Gallo" but "working out" with Amar'e and Douglas. There was a brief video of Gallo with Dikembe in Senegal. Gallo was attaching something to a ceiling fixture. It did not appear that he had bulked up at all.

There is not much hard evidence, but I question Gallo's work ethic. He is a New York Knick, not a Milan Knick. Perhaps he will soon be a Denver or Milan Nugget. I do not think he will be happy about that.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I have been a big fan of Gallo, but I have had some second thoughts which will relieve me of some angst if he is involved in a trade for Melo.

What has disturbed me is the fact that he has spent the entire off season in Milan or otherwise on "vacation." There is a lot of room for improvement in his game and I do not think Milan is the place for that improvement. The pick up games in Europe can not possibly match the available pick up games in New York. He should have played some Rucker ball and have worked out with his NBA brethren in New York. Presumably Greg Brittenham would have been around for work in the gym.

I recall when D'Antoni was asked about Gallinari during the Vegas summer league, he said something to the effect that "he's been in Milan. He had better be ready" for the season. D'Antoni's facial expresion suggested he was not happy about Gallinari's absence. Why wasn't Gallinari even in Vegas, at least to meet with the new guys from Golden State?

Recently Kiya posted a quote from Turiaf who said that he "has been on vacation with Gallo" but "working out" with Amar'e and Douglas. There was a brief video of Gallo with Dikembe in Senegal. Gallo was attaching something to a ceiling fixture. It did not appear that he had bulked up at all.

There is not much hard evidence, but I question Gallo's work ethic. He is a New York Knick, not a Milan Knick. Perhaps he will soon be a Denver or Milan Nugget. I do not think he will be happy about that.

I hear you but it really isn't all that neccessary for Gallo to bulk up. His most valuable asset is his shot. He'll never be a full-time PF in this league. All he needs to do is improve his quickness, ball handling and fine tuning his shot.

If he does play PF from time to time it will only be to force the defense to play zone or bring the opposing player out on the perimeter. I think he deserves to enjoy his money and travel for a bit but he should be back at least a few weeks before training camp starts. He has a lot to prove and will be battling AR for a starting spot (barring a trade).

LJ4ptplay

Starter

The reports that I have seen say that Gallo has been working with Kobe Bryant's trainer. working on strength and conditioning as well as post up moves.

As long as he gets the work done, I don't care where he is. But I agree. I would feel more comfortable if he were working out in New York. We'll see. This is a "tell-all" year for Gallo.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Kobe's Italian Trainer

The reports that I have seen say that Gallo has been working with Kobe Bryant's trainer. working on strength and conditioning as well as post up moves.

I believe I saw something in a post about Gallo working with Kobe's "physician" for the purpose of strenghtening his back. I wondered about that. Kobe played high school ball in New Jersey -- or was it Philadelphia. When did Kobe have a trainer in Milan? Are we talking about a pediatrician?

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
2ahip7c.gif

Not trading a homegrown talent for a player who will be a FA.

ThumbsDown.jpg

I love Gallo and would love to see him develop into a great player wearing blue and orange. However, Melo doesn't have to develop into anything. He IS a great player and easily a top ten NBA player. You have to make that trade if you are Donnie Walsh. You just have to.

I believe I saw something in a post about Gallo working with Kobe's "physician" for the purpose of strenghtening his back. I wondered about that. Kobe played high school ball in New Jersey -- or was it Philadelphia. When did Kobe have a trainer in Milan? Are we talking about a pediatrician?
Kobe's father played seven seasons in Italy and Kobe spent part of his life living in Italy. Maybe thats the trainer they're talking about?

Paul1355

All Star
I understand what your saying and definetly Anthony along with Amare would net you more victories and go deeper into the playoffs but i really think its just wise and prudent not to give up Gallo just to get Carmelo right now when we offer can offer the amount money to him entering free agency. I know Carmelo is a superior athlete but giving up Gallo to get Carmelo right now isnt good judegement and smart on management when Gallo can be a valuable piece to the knicks on doing what it takes to win and for the team. Dont get me wrong but id really would be physced buzzed and amped up to watch Carmelo Anthony as a Knick and electrify the Garden but just not to trade Gallinari to get Carmelo right away to net us more victories and deeper into playoffs. :beer:
what if Melo goes to the magic or the mavericks and goes to the Championship....don't you think he might re consider the Knicks then?

What if we lost in the first round of the playoffs and melo's new team went deep...who's to say he won't just re sign and try to win another with a guy like Dwight Howard or Dirk.

OF course the Knicks are at the top and odds are Melo can force this to happen because he can just say that he won't sign with any other team.

I hope this happens. Either way I see him as a Knick

I just wish they hurry up and make the trade. I always knew the Knicks were getting trade bait ready this offseason but this Mello deal might involve a multi team trade. Gallo isn't enough to replace Mello...unless the NY media did their job like they did for Duhon and Lee. *fingers crossed*

I have a hunch that the trade will happen before the season starts. All this hype isn't going to sit well with the fans in Denver and they will probably boo Mello for not being commited to their team... i don't think Denver's brass wants that. Why would they have Mello play some of the season when they know he is not going to stay or be dedicated?

Right now, (IMO) I think Denver will trade him soon, there is just too much talk about it and I'm sure they don't want to go thru the same crap Cleveland just went thru.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Great, it looks like we are going to have to compete with the Nets and the Rockets. The Nets can put together a legit package. I fear the worst can happen. Melo to the freakin Nets.

Great, it looks like we are going to have to compete with the Nets and the Rockets. The Nets can put together a legit package. I fear the worst can happen. Melo to the freakin Nets.
The Nets arent a problem. and all the Rockets can offer is cap room.

If The nets were to make a trade for Mello they would be giving up most of there good pieces (Devin Harris, Brook Lopez) and Carmello wouldnt agree to it.

The Rockets would just offer expiring contracts.

The Magic havent even made any offers for Carmelo but if they did it weould be Vince Carter's expiring and Jammer Nelson. The Nuggets already have a PG and dont need Nelson.

Our deal of Chandler or Gallo with Curry's expiring 12 mill and a first round pick is better then all the other deals if you ask me.

nyk_nyk

All Star
The Nets arent a problem. and all the Rockets can offer is cap room.

If The nets were to make a trade for Mello they would be giving up most of there good pieces (Devin Harris, Brook Lopez) and Carmello wouldnt agree to it.

The Rockets would just offer expiring contracts.

The Magic havent even made any offers for Carmelo but if they did it weould be Vince Carter's expiring and Jammer Nelson. The Nuggets already have a PG and dont need Nelson.

Our deal of Chandler or Gallo with Curry's expiring 12 mill and a first round pick is better then all the other deals if you ask me.

The main problem is that our future 1st rd pick is worthless to DEN right now. 2014! We'll be a regular playoff team by then.