If Melo wants the Knicks he can get the Knicks: inferring from this article.

nyk_nyk

All Star
This has to happen before the season begins. You can't have Melo suiting up now knowing he doesn't want to be there anymore. That would be bad for team morale. Plus he'd get booed a lot.

I just heard on the radio he is also considering the Rockets.. so that would make it Knicks Nets Magic and Rockets.. Knicks seemingly the front runner if a deal gets made and all.. I think we also have to consider the other major peices in Denver are ageing in Billups and Martin.. while they do have good bench players to fill in and become starters i just beleive the nuggets missed their window for a championship and Melo sees this and wants out and to go somewhere with youth that he can take to the next level for years to come.. wich I only see being the Knicks or Nets.. and my personal opinion.. if it takes Gallo and a 1st to get it done.. i will personally drive gallo to denver on a scooter like Dumb and Dumber. I really dont see why so many people here are adverse to trading Gallo for someone like mello.... maybe its like when u know a girl who dates nothing but Aholes and she meets a dude that wants to treat her right she doesnt know how to handle it and runs right back to her abusive relationship.... Knicks fans have been abused and neglected for so long that you dont feel right having it good for a change.. if this is you. please call a hotline or somthin and get some help.. we deserve better and melo is far and beyond better then Gallo can or will be.. stop the insanity!

Blumatic

Rotation player
Im not buying too much into those other teams other than the Magic. These other teams are coming out of no where. If Melo wants to win why would he go to the Nets and Rockets. If a trade goes down the Nets and Rockets would lose valuable pieces and Melo would be stuck alone.

The Magic have Howard and we have Amar'e. Those are the only 2 viable options. But if Melo says that he won't commit to the team the Nuggets are willing to trade with a certain team, like the Magic then the Magic would be foolish to trade because they would essentially blowing up their team and get nothing in return. The Dwight Howard will sign with the Thunder (that combo would be scary).

In essence if Melo wants the Knicks, he will get the Knicks.

Chicago may be a threat but I feel the Knicks are in a better position.

I just heard on the radio he is also considering the Rockets.. so that would make it Knicks Nets Magic and Rockets.. Knicks seemingly the front runner if a deal gets made and all.. I think we also have to consider the other major peices in Denver are ageing in Billups and Martin.. while they do have good bench players to fill in and become starters i just beleive the nuggets missed their window for a championship and Melo sees this and wants out and to go somewhere with youth that he can take to the next level for years to come.. wich I only see being the Knicks or Nets.. and my personal opinion.. if it takes Gallo and a 1st to get it done.. i will personally drive gallo to denver on a scooter like Dumb and Dumber. I really dont see why so many people here are adverse to trading Gallo for someone like mello.... maybe its like when u know a girl who dates nothing but Aholes and she meets a dude that wants to treat her right she doesnt know how to handle it and runs right back to her abusive relationship.... Knicks fans have been abused and neglected for so long that you dont feel right having it good for a change.. if this is you. please call a hotline or somthin and get some help.. we deserve better and melo is far and beyond better then Gallo can or will be.. stop the insanity!
Will you let him Pee on you for warmth like Harry did to LLoyd?

Also I still think if we gave them

Walker
Chandler
Fat Shit (Eddy Curry)
Douglas
1st round pick
2nd round pick

We can still keep Gallo and Randolph we will have Mello to build around. Mello can drive in and strech the floor for Gallo, Stat cleans up the mess inside, Randolph ether comes off the bench as our Glen Davis, or starts at the 5.

mediocre PGs are a dime a dozen in the NBA so we ca get someone to back up Felton maybe someone like a Carlos Arroyo, and We allready would be set at the SG with Mello, Azzy, and Mason. oh and also bring back Johnathen Bender for a bench player at he minimum.

our Starters wouuld be

PG/ Felton
SG/ Mello
SF/ Gallo
PF/ STAT
C/ Randolph or Turiaf

6th man: Randolph or Azzy

BENCH

Carlos Arroyo PG
Turiaf/Randolph C/F C/F
Azzabukie SG/SF
Mozgof C
Rautins SG/PG
Mason SG
Bender SF/PF/ Sometimes C

Paul1355

All Star
With Melo we can be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the East

good read, im surprised more people aren't saying stuff like Melo not signing an extension with any other team.

The Knicks might not have Caron Butler and cap space, which Dallas can offer, but they have very young high potential players and one of them is a coveted player in Gallo.

For the Knicks to basically label him untradeable last year makes you wonder how good GM's really see him being.

I would trade him in a heart beat because he still needs time to develope and we need to beat the Heat....NOW.

Felton, Melo, Amare, with a team of Azzabuke, Randolph, Douglas, Walker, mason whoever can easily make us the third best team in the East above the aging Celtics, above the choke artist Hawks, above the Rose-Boozer Bulls, and above the rising Bucks.....we would be the only team other than the Heat to have two super stars in the Eastern conference.

We can even be higher than the Magic with Melo if Randolph breaks out and if Felton has a great year

petescud

Starter
I think its mostly cause of La La that he wants The NY Knicks....Manhattan rocks (especially if your a young Millionaire )