Amare: "I never talked to Isiah"

Paul1355

All Star

<!-- /.icon --> Isiah Had Nothing To Do With Amar?e

By Myles A. Mills on Aug 19, 2010, 10:53 pm
Via New York Magazine:
I mean after that. Between the day free agency started and the day that you signed, did you talk to Isiah Thomas?
No. I didn?t talk to him once.
?So, to be clear, you didn?t talk to him at ALL during this negotiating process with the Knicks?
Nope.
So Isiah Thomas? pull with free agents is being overrated, just like his draft record.

<!-- /.post-meta -->
<!-- /.middle -->

I thought maybe Isiah had some influence, I mean Donnie was forced to give Isiah credit for something that Isiah never did. James Dolan has to be in bed with Isiah, this is just disgusting on a PR level.
The truth is officially out, Isiah did nothing to lure Amare and won't do anything to lure any other free agent. I'm guessing it's because he is known as one of the worst GM's in NBA history.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I can't say that I am surprised. Props for STAT saying this. All this talk about how Isiah is well-respected among players and how we need him to get Melo is BS. We don't need that snake.

quiggle

Starter
I guess Dolan needs to give STAT a few pointers on how to say and what to say to the media, the MSG way.

Starks

Starter
God everytime evidence of Dolan's insanity comes out its always worse. Dolan and Thomas are two biggest threats to the Knicks, and sadly they will never go away it seems

haha hes signed man, lol I love it let stat speak the truth

its better tham marbury being the face of our franchise where he would mumble over his words to try and make every body happy, forgetting that he was looking like the village idiot all the time.

any way

Truthfully I dont remember clear cut reports that zeke spoke to amare, I just recall hearing that Zeke would be present at the parties and the meetings.

soooo

that BBQ dolan had Zeke was there, im sure they spoke, he just prob didnt recruit amare, so all in all this whole little article or snippet is your every day

BULLLLLSSSSSHHHHIIIII###

New New York

Quiet Storm
I think the reports were that Isiah talked to people in Amare's "camp" and that is the reason for the recognition Isiah got.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Props to STAT for saying this.

I love that Walsh is running the show now. Hell, if we believe Tommy Dee of TKB (and he's usually right from what I've seen), Walsh had successfully lured not only Amar'e but also LeBron's team (LeBron in the end decided to go ring chasing with his friends, but LeBron's advisors all saw NY as the best fit according to Tommy Dee).

Isiah can eat a dick...

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
God everytime evidence of Dolan's insanity comes out its always worse. Dolan and Thomas are two biggest threats to the Knicks, and sadly they will never go away it seems

:agreed: sadly im convince dolamite is determine to bring thomas back..... when that happens im done...... dolamite is a so call recovering alcoholic drug abuser..... if it wasnt for daddys money he wouldnt own a team...... at best this guy job would be asking us if we want our big mac value meal supersize??? and thomas....omg!!!!.... remember this guy try to commit suicide..... then when the cops show up blame it on his daughter!!!!!! i wouldnt let him run a kool aid stand!!!!

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
:agreed: sadly im convince dolamite is determine to bring thomas back..... when that happens im done...... dolamite is a so call recovering alcoholic drug abuser..... if it wasnt for daddys money he wouldnt own a team...... at best this guy job would be asking us if we want our big mac value meal supersize??? and thomas....omg!!!!.... remember this guy try to commit suicide..... then when the cops show up blame it on his daughter!!!!!! i wouldnt let him run a kool aid stand!!!!
is anyone the vp of Cablevision that might run it soon?

Has dolan ever talked about retirement?

shaolin

Benchwarmer
dolamite retirement would be a dream come true......sadly i thk daddy gave his a$$hole son madison square garden to keep him away from cablevision

I wouldn't be surprised if you are right and that is sad. Cablevision is not worried about the Knicks' success. The Knicks only account for something like 8% of their annual revenue. How many times do you think the Knicks come up at board meetings or stakeholder meetings? My guess . . . not often!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Amare's the man for saying this. Thomas didnt speak to amar'e at all and that scares me as to why Dolans giving Thomas credit for something he didnt do. seems to me like he's trying to give himself a reason to bring that dumbass back into the organization i hope to god that doesnt happen....ever STAT is what we been missing a guy who isnt afraid to say the right thing for the right reasons

**** dolan and Thomas they can go suck each other for all i care

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Of course Isiah didn't have anything to do with Amare's signing. Amare straight up told how it is. Amare came to NY because he got a huge contract which no one else offered and a opportunity to revive this city and this team to contention.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't be surprised if you are right and that is sad. Cablevision is not worried about the Knicks' success. The Knicks only account for something like 8% of their annual revenue. How many times do you think the Knicks come up at board meetings or stakeholder meetings? My guess . . . not often!

:agreed: yes my bro ur right ...the knicks and rangers are totally tommy boy toy

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
hmmmm............ stoudermire is not the kind of guy to hold his tongue when things dont go well....... that will be interesting to see how that plays out with tommyboy (my new pet name for dolan) telling his empolyee not to talk to the press