Stephen A Smith: Mello wants to go to NY.

Today 6 hours ago Stephen A Smith responded to a fan on Twitter who had asked him if its true that Mello perfers the Rockets to the Knicks.

Here is the tweet.

@JeanNYKNicks Melo wants to go to NY. But he's not going to sit around waiting for the Knicks to drag their feet. He'll go to NJ b4 that.

I want to point out that Stephen A is right like 95% of the time. he even predicted Bosh, Wade, and LeBron to Miami ON July 1st.

moneyg

Starter
Yeah and he also said lebron was goin to ny like a week before that. So I don't know. Lebron people were puttin out a lot of falsew info so I won't hold him to that 100%.

Onw would hope, with a 30yr old runnin things in denver now. Not sure if melo is feelin the nuggets. No homo.

Yeah and he also said lebron was goin to ny like a week before that. So I don't know. Lebron people were puttin out a lot of falsew info so I won't hold him to that 100%.

Onw would hope, with a 30yr old runnin things in denver now. Not sure if melo is feelin the nuggets. No homo.
He never said LeBron was coming to NY. he said the LeBron Camp (AKA Maverick Carter and LBJ's high school friends who mooch off him) were asking very detailed questions to people aroundf the leauge about the Knicks orginization. and that the LBJ camps first choice is the Knicks. Which was 150% true.

We later found out it was pretty much a done deal he was coming to NY on july 7th and then Bosh signed with the Heat and he changed his mind at the last second and went there. (see the Decision where he says he made his decision that morning.)

shaolin

Benchwarmer
He never said LeBron was coming to NY. he said the LeBron Camp (AKA Maverick Carter and LBJ's high school friends who mooch off him) were asking very detailed questions to people aroundf the leauge about the Knicks orginization. and that the LBJ camps first choice is the Knicks. Which was 150% true.

We later found out it was pretty much a done deal he was coming to NY on july 7th and then Bosh signed with the Heat and he changed his mind at the last second and went there. (see the Decision where he says he made his decision that morning.)

You actually believe he made his decision that morning? I don't!!!

You actually believe he made his decision that morning? I don't!!!
Hey at first I totally didnt but when the story came out explainig how LeBon almost went to NY and then I remember the Day before the Decisision the Media was acting like LBJ to NYK was a done deal so it kinda makes sence.

Paul1355

All Star
Today 6 hours ago Stephen A Smith responded to a fan on Twitter who had asked him if its true that Mello perfers the Rockets to the Knicks.

Here is the tweet.

I want to point out that Stephen A is right like 95% of the time. he even predicted Bosh, Wade, and LeBron to Miami ON July 1st.
I believe this is true, the only other team in competition of laniding Melo and keeping him is New Jersey because of the Brooklyn move.

This is why the Knicks HAVE to secure Melo at all costs. Trade Gallo, Curry and a pick and whoever else except Randolph and make it happen.

I believe this is true, the only other team in competition of laniding Melo and keeping him is New Jersey because of the Brooklyn move.

This is why the Knicks HAVE to secure Melo at all costs. Trade Gallo, Curry and a pick and whoever else except Randolph and make it happen.
Yeah I never doubt Stephen A. In my experiance hes almost alway right. If he says it, its written in stone in my mind.

moneyg

Starter
im not sayindg i doubt him... wish he still had a radio show on espn.. but he said he knew two years ago.. lebron was comin to ny and he was certain,.... if you listen at the end of the interview....and he also said that shaq will follow lebron wherever he goes.. none of this happened

nyk_nyk

All Star
im not sayindg i doubt him... wish he still had a radio show on espn.. but he said he knew two years ago.. lebron was comin to ny and he was certain,.... if you listen at the end of the interview....and he also said that shaq will follow lebron wherever he goes.. none of this happened

How are the Knicks dragging their feet? Its only so much we can do without giving up all our young pieces. Also, the new players can't be involved in the trade until December or something like that. Bottom line is Denver doesn't want to lose him but if so they will try to at least get some real talent back in return plus draft picks (which makes sense).

p0nder

Starter
@nyk_nyk: actually we can use most of the pieces we got in the Dlee trade right now. It's only players we signed from the FA pool (STAT) that we can't trade until dec 15th.

I think that the knicks are looking to make a good legit offer for him and see if denver will budge, they are not interested in moving him but without him signing his extension they may be forced to make the move. Do the knicks have the pieces to make it happen? How much does Melo's desire to be in the north east come into play here?

nyk_nyk

All Star
@nyk_nyk: actually we can use most of the pieces we got in the Dlee trade right now. It's only players we signed from the FA pool (STAT) that we can't trade until dec 15th.

I think that the knicks are looking to make a good legit offer for him and see if denver will budge, they are not interested in moving him but without him signing his extension they may be forced to make the move. Do the knicks have the pieces to make it happen? How much does Melo's desire to be in the north east come into play here?

The longer Melo holds out, the better it is for us. As the trade deadline approches, DEN will be forced to deal with his team(s) of choice. If its just us then they will work with us BUT they will def want more than Curry, Gallo or Chandler plus a pick. Remember, Curry is just cap relief. He's not even being counted as a valuable player they could use.

Our best bet to get Melo without giving up too many pieces is to have Gallo, Chandler and Curry play great basketball to start the season. They need to increase their value a bit for Denver to really take them seriously. I'm a true hardcore knick fan but even I know Chandler and/or Gallo for Melo is just wrong from a talent standpoint. If we had 1st rd draft picks they'd probably be more interested.

moneyg

Starter
How are the Knicks dragging their feet? Its only so much we can do without giving up all our young pieces. Also, the new players can't be involved in the trade until December or something like that. Bottom line is Denver doesn't want to lose him but if so they will try to at least get some real talent back in return plus draft picks (which makes sense).

who said anything about the knicks draggin their feet????????.. not me....:smokin: