Can We Win w/ D'Antoni

clumsy

Rotation player
Even if he is a good coach, whatever he is doing in the locker room and practice isn't working. i say give him 20 games......to me the biggest indictment is how Gallo hasn't developed at all under him. He should be pretty decent at least.....and i believe he under utilizes his skillset way too much prob because D'ANtoni just wants him to sit in the corner for the 3. Unless he's hot, teams don't even guard him

jimkcchief88

All Star
That was a quote from Jimqueef the Style Thief in the Chicago Bulls game thread. The guy doesn't even watch games yet thinks he can talk about anything with authority! Dude has watched one game this season and is attempting to sound knowledgeable!

JimmyQueef, PM me you bank account and routing number and I'll pay for the NBA package so you can actually know what the eff you are talking about!

See my response "the verdict" thread.....

We can not win with Mike D as our Coach he just refuses to teach Defense and fundamentals to his players. It is clear to me that Steve Nash was the Player-Coach in Phoenix that lead them to their success.

How can his best play with the game on the line be to let a cold Raymond Felton shoot a falling away 2-pointer. Also why not use our timeout? His response " I didn't call a timeout because the play was for either Raymond or Amare to take the shot." Is this guy serious you are telling me a supposedly Offensive wizard can not draw up a simple timeout play to get his best player the ball.

We are 22-20 and this is because of Amare's M.V.P like year we can not waste his prime years just making it into the playoffs we need to fire Mike D get a new coach by Allstar break allow him to gel with the players and make a big trade if we are ever going to win a championship.

mafra

Legend
Well, we know we wont win if we call a timeout and D'antoni has to draw up a play to get us points. He couldn't design a play to get a bucket if he had Magic, Bird, Kareem, Jordan and Bryant.

petescud

Starter
I want to know, was it a fluke, us winning a bunch of games in the row. And now we can't buy a game. Do you think the guys quit on Dantoni? Think maybe LBJ didn't want to pay for him? who knows but the guys

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Everybody on Team USA loved D'Antoni. Even Carlos Boozer, despite his general unpleasant nature raved about D'Antoni's offensive schemes.

If there's one thing D'Antoni doesn't do well it's that he always has to use a short rotation and doesn't make good use of his bench. I don't think many coaches in the league would let a guy like Anthony Randolph just rot on the bench. It's insulting for a player who was ranked as a #1 most likely to break out player by many blogs and websites.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Wow so many people proved wrong in one thread. Must be some kind of record lol. Some funny opinions in here.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
:lol: I can't believe this thread manifested in to a rhyme-off. Classic.

Anyway

Last chance for Mike to prove the 'Lame-Duck" label isn't deserved.

- He'll have basically the same roster - bar some unforeseen overhaul which is unlikely.

- He'll have had exactly the same amount of time to prepare as everyone else.

- Not that that (above point) will make any real difference. We all know full well that his MO (not the moustache) will be almost a carbon copy of itself; I doubt very much that Woodson will be allowed the sway, from MD on the hierarchal ladder, to change it.

- He's an offensive minded HC with a roster that any offensive coach would dream of. Shumpert adding to its potency all the more.

So, with those, albeit few, thoughts in mind, the only hinderance that'd possibly prevent a roster of this capability from being, and remaining, top 5, perhaps 4, in the East from the word go, would be an injury to a key player. STAT, Melo, Toney D, Turiaf and Billups have all had ample opportunity to rehabilitate themselves; Ronny obviously the exception. A lack of game conditioning courtesy of the lockout to some of our players - STAT - I think is also a likelihood, but an inexcusable one.

A start the likes of last year will have Mike in the pan. No more excuses. No more chipping away at the same repetitive/obvious issues with no real results! Defence being the epitome, but I don't blame him for that entirely.

And a post game for our stars. ****ing bring it MD.

p0nder

Starter
It's do or die for D'Ant.

He got the knicks to .500 and made the playoffs. We will need to see a vast improvement this* year in order from him to keep his job and for the knicks organization to save face after scuttling the two previous years.

Personally I think we can be successful to a degree with D'Ant as a HC, but I do not think we will ever reach dynasty or even championship level with the coaching I've watched over the last few years.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Dantoni coaching philosophy = fun to watch but takes a seat once real strategic basketball is required.

Red

TYPE-A
Dantoni coaching philosophy = fun to watch but takes a seat once real strategic basketball is required.

Us getting swept in the playoffs is like...

Landing your dream job but never receiving a paycheck.

Bending a hot chick over but her Dad walks in.

Cheating on a test but still failing.

Leaving a car dealership on your skateboard.

Tripping just before the finish line.

Putting a card in the spokes of your bike.

Trying to slit your wrist with a spoon.

Asking "how far is a mile?"

Shall I go on?

nyk_nyk

All Star
I truly believe better days are ahead of us. First order of business is to have a coaching change. Dantoni is ok for what he does but NY deserves a more well-rounded coach who respects all aspects of the game.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
fc100156_bump3.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
Will Dantoni survive through the month of January?

Billups, Melo, and Mike Woodson dont play the same game as Dantoni

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
For months I have opted for immediate discharge of MDA, but now I think we should let him work his contract. We covered all his coaching needs, we brought him all rosters changes he asked for. Now, he got also some real defensive-oriented coaching backup. If he doesn't prove he's able to make something big and lead us futher than the first round, we thank him for all he's done for the Knicks and won't resign him, so we can test something new (e.g. Patrick Ewing).

Will Dantoni survive through the month of January?

Billups, Melo, and Mike Woodson dont play the same game as Dantoni

Can you say Phil Jackson?

The perfect coach for the Knicks and the perfect coach for this roster!

Only thing we'd need to do is trade STAT for Dwight and Phil could give us a 3-peat with the roster....Melo in Kobe's role and Dwight in Shaq's role, o get some good role players and we're good to go for a dynasty.

jpz17

Starter
NO!
Your thread is a replica of January 2004, when Isiah replace the terror of Layden, and HOF coach Lenny Wilkins replace Chaney.

Layden change 85% of the roster in two seasons
Isiah changed 96% of the roster in two seasons.
Walsh changed 92% of the roster in two seasons.

All these two year changes by different GM's has taken away my optimism in this Knick organization as a team. Why? each GM average a 30 win season.
Nothing changed in our record.

The Knicks last 5 seasons of 30 win records belong to the Headcoaches poor developement of the players.

complete lack of credit to you. any person who says Donnie Walsh is a failure just does not have their head on straight. he was the best part of this organization

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
We simply didn't know what it all would turn into before the 2010/11 season, when Kiyaman wrote the post you're quoting (08/30/2010) we all were frustrated and devastated after a hopeless season (only 29W). In my opinion if you asked Kiyaman right now what does he think of Walsh after the first winning season (42W) in years his answer would be absolutely different.