Nets Unwilling To Offer Lopez For Melo, As Denver Hears Trade Offers

NYKnicks15

Starter
As they shouldnt include Lopez. Harris, Favors and a 1st round?! I know Carmelo is a top 5 player (ish).. but no one even knows if this guy will sign an extension with the team he goes to.

So giving Toney Douglas, Eddy Curry, bill Walker, Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler is a little crazy as well WHEN we can most likely get him in the off-season!

I know we have five other threads regarding this topic.. but the nets offer needed to be addressed.

We need to root for Carmelo to get traded to the Wolves or Kings.. cause bulls steppin in with a package around Deng and Gibson.. Warriors making offer with biedrin and poss Curry.. Clippers with Kaman and Gordon..

All of those teams could be intriguing to him to sign an extension with.

Wow, they don't even want to talk to the Knicks?

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._lopez_for_melo_as_denver_hears_trade_offers/

If no Lopez, then Gallo,Chandler, TD, Walker, and Curry is just as good as what the Nets have except for the fact that they have a 2012 pick.
I don't wanna give up THAT much for Mello! He's not Kobe!

Give em chandler, Curry, a first rounder and Walker or they can go to hell.

See Donnie's smart. He knows Mello is bent on coming here. That's why he's waiting for all these other teams to make there offers and watch as they all get turned down by ether Mello or the Nuggets and then
We make are offer and Mello days "that's the team I wana go to!" and then we work out a deal!

Blumatic

Rotation player
I do not want to give up Gallo. But the rest is fine with me for a trade. But I will only do an extend-and-trade. I hope that this CBA gets resolved before the the Feb. trade deadline. If there a clear picture of what someone like carmelo will get paid and its not so bad, I'll go through th eback channels to ask Melo if he would just sign with us straight up.

But I was just saying that that package would be as good as the nets if not better.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Like I stated over and over in that other thread about Melo.

If we are to get him, it will be on the cheap because at that point we would be the last willing trade partner and we would only get him if Denver caves in and feels they need compensation for him.

A lot has to happen for that scenario to come about, but it looks like things might be under way. Right now we just sit back and watch.

moneyg

Starter
the only thing im tryin to figure out is how are these teams gonnna trade for melo and still be competitive...

nets... give up favors and harris for him....still a lotery team
kings.... im sure they r not givin up evans.. still a lotery team
warriors and clippers.. still lottery after givin up kaman, gordon.. curry, bendris..

chicago stands a chance if they give up deng and the nuggets want him and his contract.... they will still be competitive....

Blumatic

Rotation player
the only thing im tryin to figure out is how are these teams gonnna trade for melo and still be competitive...

nets... give up favors and harris for him....still a lotery team
kings.... im sure they r not givin up evans.. still a lotery team
warriors and clippers.. still lottery after givin up kaman, gordon.. curry, bendris..

chicago stands a chance if they give up deng and the nuggets want him and his contract.... they will still be competitive....

THANK YOU!!!!!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Trading Melo

If Melo is traded this year, he will sign, or will have signed, the maximum extension. No team, not even a team run by Kahn, will give up any real value to rent Melo for a year.

Putting aside for a moment the value that is returned, the easiest trading partner for Denver is the Knicks. Why are the Knicks not in the RealGM picture? If, as suggested some time ago, there was an offer of Gallo, Curry, and a 2014 pick, it is not a terrible offer, but it is really only Gallo. 2014 is too far away and Curry is just dead weight. Denver surely wants to see if it can do better with another team -- location -- that might also be satisfactory to Melo. If another team is satisfactory to Melo, then Denver can likely do better than our reported offer

I for one do not think that Walsh has offered Gallo I think that at least for the time being the Knicks have really low balled Denver. Wait and see is the proper approach.

Like I stated over and over in that other thread about Melo.

If we are to get him, it will be on the cheap because at that point we would be the last willing trade partner and we would only get him if Denver caves in and feels they need compensation for him.

A lot has to happen for that scenario to come about, but it looks like things might be under way. Right now we just sit back and watch.
Exactamundo! Eveyone just sit back and relax. Lets not get all LeBroney with this. Everyone calm down and wait for him to get traded before the Carnigie Deli makes him a sandwich.

If Melo is traded this year, he will sign, or will have signed, the maximum extension. No team, not even a team run by Kahn, will give up any real value to rent Melo for a year.

Putting aside for a moment the value that is returned, the easiest trading partner for Denver is the Knicks. Why are the Knicks not in the RealGM picture? If, as suggested some time ago, there was an offer of Gallo, Curry, and a 2014 pick, it is not a terrible offer, but it is really only Gallo. 2014 is too far away and Curry is just dead weight. Denver surely wants to see if it can do better with another team -- location -- that might also be satisfactory to Melo. If another team is satisfactory to Melo, then Denver can likely do better than our reported offer

I for one do not think that Walsh has offered Gallo I think that at least for the time being the Knicks have really low balled Denver. Wait and see is the proper approach.
Yeah Walsh has actually come out and said he didnt offer a trade to Denver. and with the way the MSG network is promoting Gallo, I doubt hes being traded. I expect it to Be Chandler being traded with Curry. The Knicks dont want anything Isiah has touched in that Lockerroom. Even if it was only for a year.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I would be worried about Chicago. Taj Gibson + Luol Deng + 1st round picks is a far better offer than Gallo + Curry + 2014 pick. If Melo is ok with Chicago, we will have to up our offer, which I don't want us to do. Melo would make Chicago definite contenders.

I don't even want to give up Gallo, which is what it will cost us (minimum). Best thing is to wait until next year, if he's still available. Otherwise, forget it.

And Chandler + Curry + 2014 pick + Walker aint going to get it done. No way Denver accepts that trade, even if we're the only team left.

moneyg

Starter
The only for denver is do they want dengs contract. I think they would rather have some young cheap on the verge typ player to build around. They t r in a rebuilding mode if melo leaves.
As for chi town and other teams, r they dealing these player without a commitment from melo on a extension.

It may cost us both chandler and gallo with curry and a draft pick.

The question for us is do we go for it this year or wait til next year with no guarantees melo will soign with us.

If its me, I want melo now. No homo. I just can't simply settle on potential from the guys we have now. I want proven players. And melo is one and none of the players we would be giving up have proved didley.

Sorry. Just the facts.

moneyg

Starter
The only for denver is do they want dengs contract. I think they would rather have some young cheap on the verge typ player to build around. They t r in a rebuilding mode if melo leaves.
As for chi town and other teams, r they dealing these player without a commitment from melo on a extension.

It may cost us both chandler and gallo with curry and a draft pick.

The question for us is do we go for it this year or wait til next year with no guarantees melo will soign with us.

If its me, I want melo now. No homo. I just can't simply settle on potential from the guys we have now. I want proven players. And melo is one and none of the players we would be giving up have proved didley.

Sorry. Just the facts.

Paul1355

All Star
Wow, they don't even want to talk to the Knicks?

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._lopez_for_melo_as_denver_hears_trade_offers/

If no Lopez, then Gallo,Chandler, TD, Walker, and Curry is just as good as what the Nets have except for the fact that they have a 2012 pick.
unless Melo signs an extension, NO TEAM will trade 1st round picks and players for him. It would be a horrible risk.

The Knicks will always have the leverage of getting him unless he signs an extension for another team.

Only the Nets, Clippers, and Knicks have a shot of keeping him past this season.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
This may be just a rumor but on twitter the Nuggets are in discussion with the Bulls to trade Taj Gibson and Luol Deng. I don't believe this will happen but if it does Melo might be influenced to sign an extension in Chicago.

Kiyaman

Legend
How much is Melo defensive performance worth?

This may be just a rumor but on twitter the Nuggets are in discussion with the Bulls to trade Taj Gibson and Luol Deng. I don't believe this will happen but if it does Melo might be influenced to sign an extension in Chicago.

This is my first time posting anything on these silly Melo-chase threads.
No-Defense Carmelo Anthony has been put on a high pedistol for being
a top-10 scorer in the NBA.
Melo career record as a team-leader and closer in the 4th quarter is 40%
of Paul Pierce career record.
So Melo's 30 point scoring is not impressive to Kiyaman. :smokin:
The Nets were wise by refusing (to give up) Lopez for Melo.

I dont believe it is the extension as much as the Poor-Defense NBA
headcoaches are looking at in a trade for Melo.
Chicago offers the best trade in Deng/Taj Gibson for Melo.
Although, Taj Gibson performance showed every sign of becoming a
double-double player in his 2nd season in the NBA.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
This is my first time posting anything on these silly Melo-chase threads.
No-Defense Carmelo Anthony has been put on a high pedistol for being
a top-10 scorer in the NBA.
Melo career record as a team-leader and closer in the 4th quarter is 40%
of Paul Pierce career record.
So Melo's 30 point scoring is not impressive to Kiyaman. :smokin:
The Nets were wise by refusing (to give up) Lopez for Melo.

I dont believe it is the extension as much as the Poor-Defense NBA
headcoaches are looking at in a trade for Melo.

Chicago offers the best trade in Deng/Taj Gibson for Melo.
Although, Taj Gibson performance showed every sign of becoming a
double-double player in his 2nd season in the NBA.

Yea because if Melo was known as a lockdown defender teams would suddenly be willing to trade away pieces to acquire a player that they might not be able to hold onto, thus being left with nothing in a calendar year.

Makes total sense Kiya.

(I'm being sarcastic)

I think that if Melo is interested in NY is also for playing with Gallo (and Amare and maybe CP3) and not for playing instead of Gallo because he's been traded....
After their "gentlemen's trash talk" last year, Melo was impressed by Gallo's approach, and i think he respects him a lot.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I do not want to give up Gallo. But the rest is fine with me for a trade. But I will only do an extend-and-trade. I hope that this CBA gets resolved before the the Feb. trade deadline. If there a clear picture of what someone like carmelo will get paid and its not so bad, I'll go through th eback channels to ask Melo if he would just sign with us straight up.

But I was just saying that that package would be as good as the nets if not better.

Exactly! I know there are rules prohibiting teams from speaking to players while they are under contract, but lets be real this stuff happens all the time. The NBA can't monitor every conversation. Amare could easily have conversations with Melo and ask him if he's willing to just sign with us next year if we can't swing an extend and trade. Its really that simple for us.

I believe Dantoni and Walsh are making sure Amare stays in Melo's ear to keep his focus on NY.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
well lets hope something can get done... i don't think we are really a legit playoff team without a shooter like melo. with stat and mel you are looking at 50 a game or so and thats legit