[Article] McGrady Likely to Team With Yao in Houston

rady

Administrator
Staff member
The Houston Rockets and the Orlando Magic engaged in talks that would send the Magic's superstar, Tracy McGrady, and three other players to Houston for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato. The deal would team McGrady, the league's scoring leader the past two years, with Yao Ming, the Rockets' 7-foot-5 All-Star center.

Officials from two separate teams, one from each conference, said yesterday afternoon that the deal, which would also send Tyronn Lue, Andrew DeClerq and Juwan Howard to Houston, had been agreed upon. But later, several other officials, including one from one of the participating clubs, said that that nothing had been completed.

The proposed trade could not be made official until July 15 because of a stipulation in Francis's contract that makes him a base-year compensation player.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/22/sports/basketball/22nba.html

Another one to be cut from our list

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
Yes it's supposedly going to be Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, Kelvin Cato, for Tracy McGrady, and Juwan Howard. I think this trade goes either way. Francis has said he doesn't like Orlando which isn't very good. Do you think it's possible for Shaq to still go to Orlando? I think so.

AJD

Benchwarmer
Flat_av.jpg
[/img]

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
it would be really tough for shaq to end up in orlando because ofhis HUGE contract, i see him probably ending up in dallas because they have many players with large contracts, and also that tmac pic looked kinda weird, i can only see him wearing a blue jersey for some reason, preferably ours ;)