NBA Elite 11 fails again

Paul1355

All Star
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIP8sqMYcWA&feature=player_embedded

The graphics suck
The players feet slide like it always has in the NBA series.
This game reminds me of basketball games back in 2002
No animation
The announcers say the same things over and over again, bvery repetitive.

The only positive is the crowd's reaction.

Once again NBA 2k 11 wwill kill NBA Elite 11. For some reason 2k games knows how to make player animations were EA sports has no clue how to.

If 2k 11 can have realistic fan reactions to dunks and clutch shots then it will beat Elite 11 hands down 100%.
2k 10 has bad fan reastions were an amazing dunk would result in a quiet hand clap as if it happens all the time.

2k 11 wins.

If anyone is buying either NBA 2k11 or NBA Elite 11....go with 2k.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsU-8gK3X7g

2k graphics are amazing

New New York

Quiet Storm
I just don't get it...how is 2k just that much better year in and out than EA sports!

I mean EA has been at it so long, but quality of the game is a level down.

Plus 2k has MJ on the cover that alone is why it will completley blow away Elite.

rw005

Benchwarmer
I'm always going with the 2K series, presentation of the game and fun is why I lean towards 2K more.

I do like EA's ESPN feature this year but that really isnt enough to make me want to buy it.

Everyone buys 2K so I jump on that bandwagon.

KBlack25

Starter
I always hated how the players move in Live. All jerky and unnatural.

I always felt the flow of the game was more like NBA Jam than a REAL NBA game...

At the same time, sometimes 2K pisses me off...having a center wide open underneath the hoop and I hit shoot, and rather than just going up and dunking he tries some spinning finger roll...

Both games have the game sort of messed up, but 2K has it more right (or less wrong, depending on how you look at it)

Bunta

Benchwarmer
I have always bought NBA live because I buy EA sports games for everything else and i was not aware that the 2k series was much more highly regarded by basketball fans, I will be trying the 2k series this year just because of the amount of basketball fans that say it is more realistic!

Bunta

Benchwarmer
Oh and I am playing dynasty mode in NBA Live 10 now and when i sim games it doesnt matter who i put in the centre and PF position they will average 7-10 points and 6-9 rebounds, while the small forward and shooting guards score far our side of their abilities time and time again, very annoying, so annoying infact that this is the main reason i want to try 2k this year

Paul1355

All Star
I have always bought NBA live because I buy EA sports games for everything else and i was not aware that the 2k series was much more highly regarded by basketball fans, I will be trying the 2k series this year just because of the amount of basketball fans that say it is more realistic!
I played both series year after year and I can rightfully say that 2k is like the Lakers...was always on top and is just making minor adjustments like getting Steve Blake....

NBA Live/Elite is like the Minnesota Timberwolves...you always think that they can finalyl put some young peices together that will eventually go .500 and they never do once you see their weaknesses in the coaching and management. EA sports has never fixed the graphics problem that has hindered their basketball franchise by being anything but a laughing stock. The tendencies, I GUESS, can be the only realistic apporach they have taken when it comes to basketball...but when you have horrible graphics like NBA Elite 11 does...guys sliding on the court like old games were, non fluid movement...compared to 2k11 it is down right ugly.

EA sports has to address graphics or they will go out of business and NBA 2k will be the next Madden...taking over the sport, video game style.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
2K11 looks like sprts game of the year the features are awesome the graphics are incredible the gameplay is fluid and realistic and the commentating is allstar worthy. i also love the my player mode how you could win endorsements and sneaker deals and if your real good other players in the league will wear your signature shoes a-la-jordan loll.

all im saying is **** elite 2k all day.........2K for the win......its good!!!!! loll

Last edited:

Bunta

Benchwarmer
yep sounds like i will be switching camps for sure! Does @K have a mode like Live where you take control of the franchise for multiple years including trades and drafting ect?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yep sounds like i will be switching camps for sure! Does @K have a mode like Live where you take control of the franchise for multiple years including trades and drafting ect?

they've been having a franchise mode loll.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Elite is garbage.....2Kall day....from nba 2k came out on the dreamcast, no basketball game has ever come close!!

Asimov

Benchwarmer
Honestly both games are overrated. I dont see much progress from 2k9 to 2k11

just looking at the demos, its all the same shit year after year with little stuff added to make it seem its a much better game.

and EA sports just suck ass for some reason

Paul1355

All Star
damn thats sick thats the best create a career simulation of any game period. i mean ima be playing the franchise mode, my player mode, and jordan mode. a lot of my time will be dedicated to this. like i said this could be the best sports game ever. fitting they put jordan on it
oh yea, 2k 11 looks like A LOT of fun.

The grpahics have to be better than MLB The Show for PS3 which right now has the best graphics of any sports game.

The presentation and graphics are what really make 2k shine above the horrible EA sports basketball franchise.

Paul1355

All Star
Yea there is a franchise mode, and a career mode which is in progress, 2k 10's career mode had many problems with it but if they can improve that, then the game automatically becomes a 10 out of 10.

I think DatPrince said that there is a Jordan mode, which I guess allows you to play with the hall of famers against th current players in a franchise mode, there is also street mode were you obviously can play from 1on 1 to 5 on 5 on a hard court with no ref calls.

The franchise mode is better than nba Live's because 2k follows stats every year, announcers talks about the player's past season and how they improved during the games. The tendencies don't change every day like Live does but you can always adjust it manually, it takes a second.

And what 2k does is let you download a draft class, so when your a year done in franchise mode, you just download someone's made up roster of the new players coming in, and then you can go season after season with actual real players coming in the future. Kind of cool, some downloads made the players very accurate and some had them kind of off but they were close enough to feel realistic.

2k has many things about it that make it so much fun.

The franchise is the best part of it, I only played franchise mode and a little career mode until it got annoying.

Once career mode improves, the game will be what Madden could not be.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Lol

Honestly both games are overrated. I dont see much progress from 2k9 to 2k11

just looking at the demos, its all the same shit year after year with little stuff added to make it seem its a much better game.

and EA sports just suck ass for some reason

Dude relax its a sports title not much is gonna change from year to year. Me personaaly I would not mind 2K9 for yr afeter yr they will continue to tweak the games but, not many changes will occur shit the next step is virtual reality..

Paul1355

All Star
Dude relax its a sports title not much is gonna change from year to year. Me personaaly I would not mind 2K9 for yr afeter yr they will continue to tweak the games but, not many changes will occur shit the next step is virtual reality..
lol I don't know what people expect graphics wise.

2k11 is one of the best looking sports game in the world.

if any game is over rated, it is Madden which has barely improved from 2008 to 2011. Madden, with all of it's fame and exposure, should be the best looking game in the world, when it always falls under the B rated category of games.

NHL 10 was fantastic, NHL 11 will be even better. MLB The Show for ps3 has great animation. With NBA video games....2k11 is the best.