Mozgov Arrives at MSG....no Eddy Curry in 3 Months

Toons

is the Bo$$
Eddy Curry has claimed another dubious distinction -- last one in.

The Knicks' 7-foot center still has not shown up at the team's Westchester compound to participate in pre-training-camp voluntary workouts/scrimmages, according to multiple sources.

With new Russian center Timofey Mozgov arriving in New York last night, Curry will become the last Knicks player to report, according to sources. The official reporting date is Friday, with two-a-day practices starting Saturday.

Knicks brass hasn't seen or heard from Curry in more than three months. Curry, in the final year of his contract, also blew off the July summer league in Las Vegas, where he was expected to work out. Curry has spent most of the summer in Chicago, where a warrant was out for his arrest for failure to pay a judgment. He's also been seen at the Jersey Shore.

The Knicks have been told he is in good shape. But despite his massive weight loss, Curry was still in the 300-pound range when last season ended.

The Knicks were told Curry would arrive just after Labor Day. Didn't happen. Then they were told he'd be in Westchester last week. Didn't happen. They expected him again yesterday. Didn't happen.

Despite an uncertainty at center, Knicks officials view Curry as a giant question mark. Team scouts are excited about Mozgov's play for Russia in the World Championships. Coach Mike D'Antoni is looking to get 25 minutes a night from potential starter Rony Turiaf, along with using Amar'e Stoudemire and Anthony Randolph as a power-forward/center tandem.

Because of Curry's expiring contract worth $12 million, he's been viewed as a potential pawn in a Carmelo Anthony trade. Regardless of Anthony's preference to join the Knicks, the club is not considered to be in the running to get him via trade.

The Nuggets are looking for multiple first-round picks. Because the Knicks don't have their 2012 pick, they are not permitted to trade their 2011 or 2013 picks

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_all_in_but_curry_V1XNvCyfh6eorrrzJNGabL#ixzz10AM6zkE9

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Curry career is over and he knows it. He's a quitter and will not play for a new contract, at this point he'll be broke in two years. If he gets a new contract it will be nothing short of a miracle, I can't wait until Curry is officially gone.

Mozgov is going to get the minutes Curry should be fighting for, and it is for the best. Watching Mozgov play this summer, I can see why the Knicks are rolling the dices on him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
What a turd.

Shawn Kemp is the only other player who could possibly claim to have had a worse downfall than Fats Curry.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
What a turd.

Shawn Kemp is the only other player who could possibly claim to have had a worse downfall than Fats Curry.

At least SHawn Kemp played like an all-star/MVP at some point.

Edy Curry never played well.

We should just stop talking about that piece of shit.

Can't believe i used to back this guy, what a waste of talent and skills. He should be ranked number one as the worst move in New York Knicks history.

tiger0330

Legend
I know Curry has no love lost for the Knicks but you would think with all the money problems the guy has he would be working on his game to sign a contract for his next team.

What GM in the league is going to sign a center with a history of weight and motivation problems. Man will I be glad when he gets his one way ticket out of here.

smokes

Huge Member
Nooo guys we are supposed to feel sorry for Curry remember?! All the trials and tribulations of a multi-million dollar athlete it's fine that he sits on his ass doing nothing for 3 seasons...

:lol:

knicksin60

Starter
Curry is just waiting for Isiah Thomas to come back so he could get his new multi-year contract with the Knicks.

Paul1355

All Star
Can't believe i used to back this guy, what a waste of talent and skills. He should be ranked number one as the worst move in New York Knicks history.
yea i agree

I am also embarrsied that I wasted my time telling people on this forum that he could come back and be the old curry of 19 ppg.

That will never happen again, Curry is too heavy, lack the work ethic and most of all lacks the will and desire to play to his full potential.

What a waste of talent, and the worst thing is that he is getting paid 11 million for nothing.

Training

Hello everybody, I'm a Knicks' fan and for about ten days I'm in Tarrytown. I was wondering if it's possible to see any training, or at least to know the schedule of the trainings for taking some autographs.

Can you help me???