Bulls Out Of The Carmelo Anthony Sweepstakes

Toons

is the Bo$$
JUST IN!

The Bulls are "out of it" for now, said one executive privy to Chicago's insistence on keeping Joakim Noah and the Nuggets' refusal to take back Luol Deng. The Knicks, having dealt their 2012 first-round pick to Houston as well as the rights to swap 2011 first-rounders with the Rockets in the trade that created the cap space that was their only chance to land LeBron James, need a trading partner willing to sweeten their offer with an attractive first-round pick. Even then, the assets the Knicks have to offer aren't appealing to Denver

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14003341/karl-could-be-nuggets-last-hope-in-keeping-melo

Amar'e told Best he has "no idea" what's going to happen with Carmelo Anthony, and added, "Me and Carmelo are great friends but I'm still not sure where he's going to end up going. If he were here in New York that would be great, a great situation for us, a great opportunity for us."

Amar'e and Carmelo shared a suite at Yankee Stadium last week for the Jay-Z/Eminem concert.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...a-great-situation-for-us-1.2312744?print=true

The scenario both sides are most comfortable with to this point remains New Jersey, which can offer No. 3 overall pick Derrick Favors, the expiring contracts of Troy Murphy and Kris Humphries, and multiple draft picks (with Golden State's 2012 first-rounder potentially the most valuable). The Nuggets, for good reason, want Brook Lopez, whom the Nets don't want to trade -- and whom Anthony wants on his team. So the Nets, according to sources, have been canvassing the league for a trading partner, with the most likely result continuing to be sending guard Devin Harris to a third team that possesses a skilled wing player the Nuggets would view as a decent replacement for Anthony.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...a-great-situation-for-us-1.2312744?print=true

Sept. 24th 2010

HoopsVibe’s Very Quick Call: It’s not happening.

The New Jersey Nets are not trading Derrick Favors to the Denver Nuggets for embattled superstar Carmelo Anthony. The Nets love Favors’ upside, believing he could become an all-time great.

This development limits the soon-to-be Brooklyn squad’s ability to land Anthony. Remember, star big Brook Lopez is off the table. So the Nets have little to offer.

After all, Denver wants a young, blue-chip piece as part of any deal for Anthony. No Favors. No Lopez. No Anthony in New Jersey.
The Nets are not offering Derrick Favors in a package for Carmelo Anthony, at least according to Avery Johnson.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-news-a...-nets-wont-include-favors-in-deal-for-anthony

Players fitting that description who appeal to Denver, according to sources, include Andre Iguodala and Gerald Wallace. The Sixers have no interest in helping their neighbors to the north land Melo, and Philly flat-out isn't on Melo's list of teams he'd agree to an extension with, a person with knowledge of his strategy told CBSSports.com Thursday. Wallace has come to be regarded as untouchable in Charlotte, especially if trading him would help another Eastern Conference team get Anthony.

Our chances for landing Melo just got a bit better. I pray that donnie can get this done.

Honestly, why break up the team they already have?

Noah
Boozer
Deng
Brewer
Rose

with korver, bogans, taj gibson off the bench with some veteran leadership from kurt thomas.

i say we send eddy curry's contract, wilson chandler, and gallinari for melo

damn, this isnt gonna work unless we get another team involved!!

lest go donnie!
lets go leon rose!
KNicks vs. Heat
we didnt upgraed the garden for nothing!

Last edited:
Buddy, Were not trading Gallo or Randolph. If the Bulls arent tradin Noah, and the Nets arent traiding Lopez, Harris, or Favors, Why would we trade Gallo or Randolph? All we need to make this deal work for Denver is a first round pick.

So do you think anyone would give up a First round pick for Azabukie?

Then we could Trade Chandler, Currys expiring, a 2011 First Round Pick we got for Azzy, our 2014 first round pick, And the Second rounders we got from Golden state.

So the Nuggets get Expiring Cap room and Draft picks, and we get Our Superstar Everybodys happy!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Carmelo

In my view, there is only talk on the Carmelo front because it is clear that Carmelo wants a long term contract before the new CBA goes into effect, and Denver is fully aware of that.

Carmelo wants New york, but he has also listed other teams as suitable destinations. Therefore, Carmelo has not said it is New York or I will opt out and sign with New York under the new CBA. As long as Carmelo appears to insist on a long term contract under the current CBA, he does not have much leverage.

No team will trade valuable assets for Melo without some expectation that he will not be a one year rental. To the extent that Carmelo is unwilling to wait for the new CBA, his choice of destinations will likely increase.

Denver has offered Carmelo a max contract. He has not accepted. Denver, though not likely to do it, could pull that offer.

I believe that all the other teams are low balling Denver and Denver is looking for too much. I am not even sure that Donnie really wants him, although it is easier to say he does not have the assets than to tell New York fans that he will pass on Carmelo.

There is a current stalemate and that is fine with me. Although Carmelo is a fantastic offensive player and in the short run would certainly make us a considerably bettter team, I do not like him as a "team" player and to get him now will cost us dearly. i would like to see our current team grow a bit before the Melo market is closed.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
How come nobody's brought up the fact that Carmelo and Rose on the same team probably would lead to some conflict?

They both take a ton of shots...what the Bulls could really use right now is a good 3 point shooter that can space the floor, not another slasher. They have their post player in Boozer, a shotblocker/rebounder in Noah, a slasher/distributor in Rose, they need a reliable shooter from 3's and they'd be a very complete team...why would the jeopardize the team they have (ie remove their shotblocker/rebounder in Noah, granted they have Taj Gibson but he's not nearly as good as Noah) in order to fill what's not a need?

I mean, it doesn't really make THAT much sense for them...Carmelo isn't like LeBron who can function as a distributor. His primary function is a slasher and to be the #1 scoring option by taking a HIGH VOLUME of shots...that is NOT a player who would function great with Derrick Rose...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I forgot about Kyle Korver.

That would explain things. Why, then, would they want to ruin it? They have a slashing PG, a rebounder/shotblocker, a 3 point shooter, a post player...

Kiyaman

Legend
How come nobody's brought up the fact that Carmelo and Rose on the same team probably would lead to some conflict?

They both take a ton of shots...what the Bulls could really use right now is a good 3 point shooter that can space the floor, not another slasher. They have their post player in Boozer, a shotblocker/rebounder in Noah, a slasher/distributor in Rose, they need a reliable shooter from 3's and they'd be a very complete team...why would the jeopardize the team they have (ie remove their shotblocker/rebounder in Noah, granted they have Taj Gibson but he's not nearly as good as Noah) in order to fill what's not a need?

I mean, it doesn't really make THAT much sense for them...Carmelo isn't like LeBron who can function as a distributor. His primary function is a slasher and to be the #1 scoring option by taking a HIGH VOLUME of shots...that is NOT a player who would function great with Derrick Rose...

No one shoots the ball more than Iverson, who average 45+ wins in Denver. Carmelo averaged his 20 shots per game with Iverson.
The best deal offered to the Denver organization is a swap of Melo for Deng.
A wise team is not going to take a chance on Melo doing a
Boozer/Lebron/Bosh/Amare on them in 2011 summer.

Donnie Walsh is being very careful after Isiah Thomas publicity this summer,
walking on a thin line with owner Dolan. We invested our last 6 years of first
round picks on fowards, so I dont see Walsh making any drastic moves for
Melo after his 2010 deadline trade (to get Lebron James).
:gony: n :smokin:
PS..... u have to admit Rose/Brewer/Melo/Boozer/Noah would give the
Miami Heats Big-3 a run for their money the next 2 years.
I am not counting out Cleveland or Nets from making a run at the 7th/8th
seed in 2010-11.