Just Filed: Nets and Nuggets in "serious" talks for Carmelo

KBlack25

Starter
Mark Stein's Twitter:

Just filed to ESPN.com: Nuggets in "serious" discussions on four-way trade w/New Jersey, Utah and Charlotte that would make Melo a Net

Proposed deal, according to sources, would bring Derrick Favors, Andrei Kirilenko and multiple first-rounders to DEN for Melo. Link on way

Other contracts would surely be added to make such a deal work but current proposal also would send Devin Harris to CHA and Diaw to UTAH

UPDATE:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5610989

Link to the story.

Last edited:
Mark Stein's Twitter:

Just filed to ESPN.com: Nuggets in "serious" discussions on four-way trade w/New Jersey, Utah and Charlotte that would make Melo a Net

Proposed deal, according to sources, would bring Derrick Favors, Andrei Kirilenko and multiple first-rounders to DEN for Melo. Link on way

Other contracts would surely be added to make such a deal work but current proposal also would send Devin Harris to CHA and Diaw to UTAH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

DO SOMETHING DONNIE! DO SOMETHING NOW! TRADE SOMEONE FOR A FIRST ROUNDER AND MAKE AN OFFER FOR MELLO ASAP!!!!!

Ok also i would like everyone on this site who is a member of any Religion to start praying now! I forgot to do it before the Decision and look what happened.

I Dont care if your Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Islamic, Scientologest, or Australian, START PRAYING! and if your an Athiest just cross your fingers and do a dance or something.

iJoe

Rotation player
Sigh.... Really? Knicks don't stand a chance at getting Melo unless we gut our team. At the very least we'll have to trade AR and Gallinari to get the draft picks and trade necessary for Melo.

Its not worth gutting our team for him, and why in the world does Melo want to play for the Nets??

Harris for Billups?
Troy Murphy and Brook Lopez for Kmart and Nene?
The rest is pretty much a wash too.

Its really not much of a change for Melo besides location. He'll probably hate playing under Avery Johnson micromanaging as well.

Oh and can we please stop with the idiotic praying and pleading for Melo? If any trade improves our team its great, but we have a good team now and there is no desperation on our end. Give the Knicks a chance.

KBlack25

Starter
The Nuggets are getting back AK47, the #3 pick from this years draft, multiple first rounders, and the Nets are involving Devin Harris in the deal...

For this, comparably, without other teams being involved., we'd need to lose Randolph, Gallinari, Douglas, Chandler and a few first rounders I think to meet or beat the deal.

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
you forgot to add this part of the article. i just hope the knicks dont trade anothony and gallo out for carmelo! trade gallo or anthony not both!

However, one obstacle is Anthony's willingness to sign a contract extension with the Nets. A source told ESPN.com that the Nets will not go through with the trade -- even if Denver is ready to pull the trigger -- unless Anthony commits to signing a contract extension, as Kevin Garnett did as part of the mega-trade that sent him from Minnesota to Boston in July 2007

KBlack25

Starter
you forgot to add this part of the article. i just hope the knicks dont trade anothony and gallo out for carmelo! trade gallo or anthony not both!

However, one obstacle is Anthony's willingness to sign a contract extension with the Nets. A source told ESPN.com that the Nets will not go through with the trade -- even if Denver is ready to pull the trigger -- unless Anthony commits to signing a contract extension, as Kevin Garnett did as part of the mega-trade that sent him from Minnesota to Boston in July 2007

Yes I saw that, I just linked to the article did not post anything from it (every quote is from Mark Stein's twitter).

This effectively is Melo's no-trade-clause. He can effectively deny any trade by simply refusing to sign an extension. Melo still has power, but we will see how bad Melo wants to be a Knick sooner rather than later.

Sigh.... Really? Knicks don't stand a chance at getting Melo unless we gut our team. At the very least we'll have to trade AR and Gallinari to get the draft picks and trade necessary for Melo.

Its not worth gutting our team for him, and why in the world does Melo want to play for the Nets??

Harris for Billups?
Troy Murphy and Brook Lopez for Kmart and Nene?
The rest is pretty much a wash too.

Its really not much of a change for Melo besides location. He'll probably hate playing under Avery Johnson micromanaging as well.

Oh and can we please stop with the idiotic praying and pleading for Melo? If any trade improves our team its great, but we have a good team now and there is no desperation on our end. Give the Knicks a chance.
Guy whats the plan? Make the Playoffs then what? After making the playoffs whats the plan? Try to get the second round so we can get swept by Orlando, Boston, or Miami? Then wait two years for Chris Paul who May or maynot come and we do this thing whole Please come to NY song and dance all over again??????

We havent Drafted anything special since David Lee, Gallinari and Randolph, untill we see them play are giant Question marks.

Randolph can be a star o he can shatter his leg with that retarded landing he always does after a block or dunk!

Gallinari can be a Star, or he can decide to go back to Italy because of all the Preasure thats on him!

Im not saying I want to trade these guys, im just saying Donnie needs to be on the phone trying to get us Carmelo every secon he possibly can! All he should be doing is Eating Shiting and being on the phone with teams trying to iron out some kind of trade!

Im sick of being the laughiong stock of the Leauge! I want a Ring Damn it! We haven won a Championship in 40 years! I started watching BBall in 03 ajnd ever since then the most importand game I have seen is Starbury lead the Knicks into the playoffs to get swept!

Its sad that the amount of Lakers or Heat jerseys you see in NY compared to Knicks Jerseys in NY is like 10 to 1.

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
i just hope the knicks dont get desperate and send gallo and randolph out of here! just trade one of them and not both! i really dont see the nets as a competitive team if they send out favors and harris...why would melo want to go? t. williams,brook and melo......

tiger0330

Legend
i just hope the knicks dont get desperate and send gallo and randolph out of here! just trade one of them and not both! i really dont see the nets as a competitive team if they send out favors and harris...why would melo want to go? t. williams,brook and melo......

Walsh said it's not worth gutting the team for Melo so I don't see him trading both these guys together. I don't see Melo signing an extension to go to NJ, I see him wanting to win more than just live in the metro area. The Nets will not be much better with Melo and losing Harris and Lee and going with a back court of Farmar and Morrow.

GetRealistic

Starter
I just can't see Melo signing an extension with the Newark Nets. The Nets will be giving up Favors and Devin Harris. Leaving them with a core of Brook Lopez, Melo, and Terrence Williams.

Giving up Favors and Harris to get Melo makes them an average team... I can't see him playing in Newark for two years to play with a squad that isn't better then his current Nuggets team. Not to mention the fact that they'd be pretty capped out after signing Melo.

Farmar
Morrow
Melo
Murphy
Lopez

Is nothing more then average

metrocard

Legend
I just can't see Melo signing an extension with the Newark Nets. The Nets will be giving up Favors and Devin Harris. Leaving them with a core of Brook Lopez, Melo, and Terrence Williams.

Giving up Favors and Harris to get Melo makes them an average team... I can't see him playing in Newark for two years to play with a squad that isn't better then his current Nuggets team. Not to mention the fact that they'd be pretty capped out after signing Melo.

Farmar
Morrow
Melo
Murphy
Lopez

Is nothing more then average

Farmer is a role playing PG.
Morrow is an excellent shooter, as well Murphy...they can stretch the floor, plus Murphy can give you 10+ rebounds.

Lopez is an all star center.

Thats not a bad team at all.

This is great news.
I'm happy we get to keep our team, thats important to me.

GetRealistic

Starter
Farmer is a role playing PG.
Morrow is an excellent shooter, as well Murphy...they can stretch the floor, plus Murphy can give you 10+ rebounds.

Lopez is an all star center.

Thats not a bad team at all.

This is great news.
I'm happy we get to keep our team, thats important to me.

There an okay team... But nothing more then a 7th /8th seed. If i'm Melo i'd hold out alittle just to make sure i can't end up in a better situation (not necesarrily NY). He saw what the Heat did and he knows that Net squad can't compete with them.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Melo

It seems clear to me that Melo does not want to risk a contract under the new CBA. He wants his max contract now. I do not think he will refuse to sign with the Nets. He and LaLa get to live and play in the Big Apple, It is a short work commute to New Jersey and it will be shorter in a couple of years when the Nets have relocated to Brooklyn.

Phokorov will get this done. He needs to make a splash and this is the best opportunity currently available.

I think we will be fine without Melo, but he will put the Nets in the spotlight and make them a much better team than they were last year

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Well there's not much the Nets can do to NOT be better than they were last year.

Seriously they were so damned awful...and the only new addition to their cast who's any good is Favors! Does Carmelo REALLY think that that team has any potential?

GetRealistic

Starter
I want Melo... But i'd be happy with him going to a Nets team that would be giving up Favors and Harris. The Nets would be better but far from a power house. I'd been more worried about him going to Chi Town or Orlando.

We'll see what happens. I can't imagine this deal happening until atleast next week.