approved!

Smooth

Benchwarmer
929.jpg

The New York Daily News has reported that Carmelo Anthony has approved a trade to the Nets according to a "reliable source."

The ink has yet to dry on this report but all signs point to him playing for Jay-Z and Mikhail Prokhorov in New Jersey, as NYDN's Stefan Bondy says the deal could go down as early as tomorrow. The implications of the reported four-team trade will be wide-ranging, but Melo's value should remain largely the same, and anybody not named Brook Lopez will see their touches go down proportionately.

929.jpg

The New York Daily News has reported that Carmelo Anthony has approved a trade to the Nets according to a "reliable source."

The ink has yet to dry on this report but all signs point to him playing for Jay-Z and Mikhail Prokhorov in New Jersey, as NYDN's Stefan Bondy says the deal could go down as early as tomorrow. The implications of the reported four-team trade will be wide-ranging, but Melo's value should remain largely the same, and anybody not named Brook Lopez will see their touches go down proportionately.
I dont believe this. They just wnt to get publicity by saying that an "NBA source" told them. Micheal Kay said yesterday your going to hear crazy rumors throughout the week and most likely none will be true.

Also Donnie needs to get his old ass on the phone! we need him now more then ever to get us this guy!

Paul1355

All Star
If the Nets keep Harris and Lopez and add Melo, then they can be better than New York.

Harris
Morrow
Melo
whoever
Lopez

This makes Melo almost as hated as Lebron to a NY Knick fan.
Like as if Mark Texiera went to Boston or something like that.

At the same time I'm down I am also optimistic to see how Gallo will do for years to come. With Melo going to NJ, we can see how good Randolph and Gallo will be as Knicks.

And we can also be happy that we don't lost more draft picks for Melo and gut our team.

I would rather Melo on the Nets than on the Bulls.

If the Nets keep Harris and Lopez and add Melo, then they can be better than New York.

Harris
Morrow
Melo
whoever
Lopez

This makes Melo almost as hated as Lebron to a NY Knick fan.
Like as if Mark Texiera went to Boston or something like that.

At the same time I'm down I am also optimistic to see how Gallo will do for years to come. With Melo going to NJ, we can see how good Randolph and Gallo will be as Knicks.

And we can also be happy that we don't lost more draft picks for Melo and gut our team.

I would rather Melo on the Nets than on the Bulls.

Its true. Ah well. Like I said, I feel really good about what we have in Gallo and AR4. This isnt a huge blow although Melo in NY with Amare wouldve been nice to see.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Screw this B.S. MELO wants to be in NY wearing a Knicks Jersey and playing with his boy Amare and Raymond Felton. This B.S.

According to Alan Hahn he is giving the Knicks till Monday to make a counter offer. If not.......The nets get him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ)

This is the most frusterating thing in the world! I have heard more about Eddy curry not getting any fatter today, then Ive heard about Donnie looking for a draft pick! Come on donnie, Im your biggest suporter but you have to do something!

tiger0330

Legend
At least he didn't wind up in Miami, a 12 win team needs all the help they can get but if they trade Harris they are maybe 20 games better. So much for the notion that he wanted to go to a winning team, looks he sold out and went for money and location.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Donnie and D'ant were resigned to not getting Melo two days ago, or couldn't you tell..

It's over. :gony:

quiggle

Starter
gotta give props to Carmelo for going to Jersey and doing this for his broad, it will no doubt help that skank's career in the hip hop world playing alongside HOV.

quiggle

Starter
here is Dolan's golden opportunity to fire Walsh now and bring Isiah back. Walsh goes down as the most overrated underachiever president in Knicks history.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
here is Dolan's golden opportunity to fire Walsh now and bring Isiah back. Walsh goes down as the most overrated underachiever president in Knicks history.

Isiah? The man who tried to punk Melo once as a coach? Using Mardy Collins as a thug?

"Melo, dont go near the basket."

Yea im sure Melo wants to play for Isiah

Scribbles

Rotation player
NY Post is reporting the same thing.

When was the last time they were BOTH wrong.

Damn. That's a serious blow to the Knicks.

On the bright side, now we can let these kids on our team play without that stupid distraction of a trade proposal everytime they play well.

New New York

Quiet Storm

Please explain how Walsh is "overatted"?

The media basically fed the whole the world on the notion that it was Lebron or bust for The Knicks. So if you base it soley off the fact that The Knicks didnt land Lebron, then yes.

But look at this with some sort of insight would you?

Donnie took over a team that had won just 23 games in two of the last 3 years before he had come, they were loaded with players with bad attitudes and even worst contracts and of course turmoil was a plenty!

In just two seasons he has gotten rid of all but one of those contracts and put together a playoff calliber team.

Does that make him a legend? No not in my mind, but he is far from "overatted"

Again because most short sighted folks seemed to think it was all about Lebron getting to NY then miss out on what Walsh has actually done!

Close your mouth and open your eyes before you speak and when you do speak make sure you know what you're talking about!