Knicks working to make a Deal with Denver

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
Carmelo Anthony is continuing to push Denver to find a trade that will send him to the Knicks and has stepped back from a willingness to commit to the Nets. On Saturday, the Knicks were exploring ways to put together a package that might land Anthony.

Over the weekend, Anthony began having doubts about agreeing to a contract extension with the Nets. Yahoo! Sports reports that the four-team blockbuster that would send Anthony to New Jersey, which seemed to be gaining critical momentum on Friday night, is now at "a perilous crossroads."
Anthony?s desire to make a long-term commitment to the Nets started eroding when former Nets' players related their experiences with an empty arena, the apathy of fans, and the team playing in the shadow of the Knicks and Madison Square Garden. Anthony was already concerned about joining a team in New Jersey that would not be close to contention even with him on board.
"He?s having second thoughts on Jersey," a league source told Yahoo! Sports. "He?s pushed [Denver] to explore other options."
While the Nuggets still believe the deal with New Jersey gives them their best return, Denver engaged the Knicks on Saturday in discussions centered around Danilo Gallinari, Anthony Randolph and Toney Douglas, according to sources.
Sources indicated that the Knicks are working to pry draft picks to send the Nuggets in a deal for Anthony, and have contacted the Rockets for this purpose. Before last season's trade deadline, the Knicks sent their 2012 first-round pick to Houston, and agreed to swap picks with the Rockets in 2011, in a move to dump the contract of Jared Jeffries.
We will end up keeping Gallo or Randolph. Most likely Gallo.

I hope Gallo stays, why don't we just throw In Azubuike? He is an expiring contract the Nuggets would love to have. I'm also sitting here wondering what the Rockets want from the Knicks for their first rounder. I hope TD doesn't leave, but if it must be done then do it :2cents:

wnyknicksfan

Benchwarmer
i read this trade idea i kind of like it but you can decide

Mega trade: 3 teams, 13 players, 0 draft picks

Rockets get from New York: Anthony Randolph
Rockets get from Denver: Ty Lawson

Knicks get from Denver: Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Arron Affalo

Nuggets get from Houston: Aaron Brooks and Jordan Hill
Nuggets get from New York: Danilo Gallanari, Wilson Chandler, Kelenna Azubuike, Ronny Turiaf, Toney Douglas and Eddy Curry

then sign chris hunter and barron at vet minnimums

felton mason rautins
billups affalo fields
mello walker williams

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
we can debate all we want but I just don't think Donnie would part with both... one or the other. Gallo or AR.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Yea I'm slowly starting to come around to the idea of trading Gallo and Randolph for Melo as long as we preserve or flexibility going forward. I really don't want to lose both of those guys but neither one is proven in the NBA. Melo, STAT, and Felton (if he pans out) gives us a damn good team this year, and with flexibility and draft picks in the immediate future (2011 & 2013) we can build our supporting cast even further.

I really don't want to lose two potentially great players.....but **** it...pull the trigger Donnie.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
with amare hunter at the pf
ands mozgov and barron at the center i like gallo and chandler but i like this deal alot

Baron is still on the team?

I will be partyin for days if this happens. I don't believe it till I see it, than i cant wait to say fu*kl all the Carmelo haters

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
Fellas,

Why is there a strong movement to keep Gallo instead of Randolph? I understand that Randolph is probably the more sought after piece, but Gallo and Mello play the same position, am i wrong? Unless you put Melo at the 2 and Gallo as a spot up 3, i dont really see them playing together. On the other hand, you throw a starting five of Felton, Chandler, Melo, Randolph, Amare (or Mozgov starting instead of randolph) and I think that makes us a top 3 team in the east, maybe even better than Miami with our imposing front court.

Im not sure how i feel about including both galo and AR, but AR is still somewhat an unknown and Galo is like a Melo who cant create his own shot.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
stat and melo in the front court would give us the best front line in the league. stat and melo are awesome if they aren't getting double teamed. neither has had the kind of help both will give each other. with the big russian running around setting monster picks for them they will destroy all in their path and they don't have to worry about a ball hog at point like bosh and whats his name do. gallo isn't ever going to ever come close to putting up the numbers melo does year in year out. i argue melo and stat are a better pair than bosh and whats his name. period. and will make the knicks instant contenders.

I think I'm warming up to trading both Gallo and Randolph for Melo as well.

While bout do have tremendous potential with huge upside, the fact that they're unknown commodities make them expandable for a top 10 player in the league already (who is only 26). If trading those 2 along with Douglas is what it takes then so be it. Like someone once said "Potential gets coaches and GMs fired".

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Randolph is worth more then a pick

As much as I want to get Melo, I don't think we have enough assets to be in a position to give players away. If the only way to get Melo involves trading Randolph for a 1st rounder I say no. AR's value is worth that of a top 10 pick and his value can only go up as his body fills out and he is given more playing time.

As it is right now New Jersey is giving up fair value for a legitimate nba superstar by giving up Favors, Harris and Draft Picks which is certainly worth much more than the Knicks can offer.

If I'm Donnie, I am not sitting on my hands though. If I can acquire a first round pick for some combination of Chandler, Azibuike, Douglas and 2nd round draft picks I make that deal and then trade Gallo, 1st rounder and Curry for Melo. Otherwise I just sit back and watch New Jersey or Chicago give up to much make Denver's front office look like geniuses.

Cahill

Rookie
If Melo wants to play for the Knicks he will. This trade is contingent on him signing an extension with the team he is traded to. If he wants to play for the Knicks, he will. He just won't sign off an extension and won't be traded to any team other than the Knicks or will wait till Free Agency. If the Knicks are the only team that offers something that the Nuggets will actually get something in return for since he will sign the extension, they have to take it otherwise they will receive nothing in the offseason. It's better to get something out of his departure than nothing. Melo and the Knicks have the leverage in the situation, they just need to man up and realize it.

I dunno if he said only, but he did want the Knicks to be the team to take him. Even then he's not a big enough name to hold up any trade.

moneyg

Starter
i cant understand why people on this site dont want to trade randolph and gallo for melo.. we got randolph, azzy and turiaf for free.... just so goldenstate can give dlee an extra year.... as far as i am concerned ...they all an go....

felton
mason jr
melo
amare
t mo

iSaYughh

Starter
Ya. Not pulling the trigger will/would be one of the greatest gambles in Knick history.

And it's a poor one.

Pull the trigger and we have an utmost excellent, sound, secure blueprint for championships with few unknowns and variables reduced.

Don't, and bank in a blueprint that simply has a lot more room for errors, epic failure, and variables that players and management could mess up along the way.