Knicks working to make a Deal with Denver

Toons

is the Bo$$
I would like this deal. bye bye gallo&randolph lol.

felton
chandler
melo
amare
mozgov

look what melo did with the nuggets. imagine us! and we still have curry's contrct. i would rather this trade tho

chandler, gallo, douglas, curry for melo

gallo will never develop as a bench player after melo, so he must go, its best for his career. chandler will bring defense to denver.

id keep AR if i was donnie....even if its only to get his trade value up.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Follow Pat Rileys blue print get your stars to take less witch they will make up with endorsement by winning more especially in the big apple. The number 1 media market in country. Just look at miami they tore it down and rebuilt it from the bottom up with vets willing to take less to win a championship. In the words of Pat Riley all in or nothing.

Miami had all 3 players agreeing to take less than the max all at once in order to play together. Amare already has the max. Melo's extension and trade is the max. So, like I said, it is financially impossible to get another max star.

This is about Melo getting his money. Not about Melo wanting to win a championship. If he wanted to win a championship, he would wait. But he is more worried about losing millions of dollars with the new CBA.

I have more respect for the big 3 in Miami. They all took less to play together. Melo is forcing teams to trade their future so he can get his money and play where he wants (or where his wife wants). No thanks. Sign him next year or forget it. He's not worth it.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I would like this deal. bye bye gallo&randolph lol.

felton
chandler
melo
amare
mozgov

look what melo did with the nuggets. imagine us! and we still have curry's contrct. i would rather this trade tho

chandler, gallo, douglas, curry for melo

gallo will never develop as a bench player after melo, so he must go, its best for his career. chandler will bring defense to denver.

id keep AR if i was donnie....even if its only to get his trade value up.

No, we would have to include Curry's contract to make the numbers work.

Gallo + Randolph + Douglas + Curry for Melo. That's what it would take.

Melo is not that good. No thanks.

Donnie should be fired if he agrees to that deal. Denver needs to make the trade. Melo needs to make the trade. We don't.

Miami had all 3 players agreeing to take less than the max all at once in order to play together. Amare already has the max. Melo's extension and trade is the max. So, like I said, it is financially impossible to get another max star.

This is about Melo getting his money. Not about Melo wanting to win a championship. If he wanted to win a championship, he would wait. But he is more worried about losing millions of dollars with the new CBA.

I have more respect for the big 3 in Miami. They all took less to play together. Melo is forcing teams to trade their future so he can get his money and play where he wants (or where his wife wants). No thanks. Sign him next year or forget it. He's not worth it.

Yea i agree. The only way it will work if the can come together and restructure there contracts and i just don't see it happening.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
cbs and realgm is now reporting that an official of the nuggets says theres a better then 50% chance melo gets traded within the next 48 hours damn now thats interesting i saw reports earlier that Melo and Randolph were included in rumors in that case i say no thanks its one or the other for me

mafra

Legend
I hate the idea of trading away Gallo, Randolph and Douglas for a guy we could easily sign anyway when this season ends (w/out costing us prospects).

I especially hate knowing that we give up cap flexibility after we fought so hard to get us some space.

To make salaries match I assume we have to trade Curry.

Young prospects with enormous potential and cap flexibility for Carmelo Anthony?

I hate it but it's a deal that must be made.

Amar'e and Anthony give us a nasty front court. Plus we have Felton. We would match up well vs Mia.

Plus we still have hope in Chandler's potential, along with fact Mozgov is like a lottery pick.

Felton
Chandler
Melo
Amar'e
Mozgov

With Mason, Azubuike, Walker and Fields.

With Turiaf and Ewing Jr and J-Jordan and Rautins.

You have to make that deal. Maybe you get Parker on a vet exemption next year, or you male a play for ? When Felton's contract expires.

Still, I would harbor resentment for Melo. He placed his money ahead of NYK's future.

But, Melo is 26 and if we knocked Mia out of playoffs this year and went to finals I will say "Gallo who."

Walsh has to do it. Dolan will force him regardless.

But, could we get Melo for Gallo-Randolph-Douglas-Curry?

Maybe we even get Jeffries back? Wouldn't that be funny.

mafra

Legend
Oh, I forgot. There's no state income tax in Florida. Lebron would make the same amount of money yearly after taxes in Cle as he is mow oin Mia.

Don't get fooled by their P.R. machines.

Cle has a state tax. 6 percent or something. This is why they could afford to take less than the max. This is also why teams in Tx and Fla are basically playing with higher caps than the Knicks.

Do the math. If LJ signed for the max in Cle, he takes home what each year after taxes? And in Mia? I bet less than 2 million a season difference. Not even.

Bosh got his max.

Wade took less money b/c he knows he'll recoup off the court.

On the other hand, Melo stands to lose almost 30 million if he waits a year. A big difference.

I do agree NY fans will give Melo far less leeway when he comes here, and will demand we win NOW. We would pay a hefty cost to bring him here. But he is 26 and he just might deliver!

After all, he could be a Net or Nugget right now if it was only about the money, no?

Smooth

Benchwarmer
No, we would have to include Curry's contract to make the numbers work.

Gallo + Randolph + Douglas + Curry for Melo. That's what it would take.

Melo is not that good. No thanks.

Donnie should be fired if he agrees to that deal. Denver needs to make the trade. Melo needs to make the trade. We don't.

lay the crack pipe down and step away from the keyboard! Mello will make us a contender gallo,randolph,douglas and curry wont.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
It's a no brainer at this point. EVERYTHING BEING SAID ABOUT GALLO AND RANDOLPH IS BASED ON POTENTIAL AND THEIR ABILITY TO MEET THEIR POTENTIAL. YOU'RE GAMBLING YOUR FUTURE THAT THEY CAN ACTUALLY MEET THEIR POTENTIAL WITH NO ASSURANCES THAT THEY ACTUALLY WILL.

Or you can go get Melo....which one?

To even have to think about it is pure insanity.

"You lose with potential. You win with performance." --Bill Parcells

why aren't people getting this?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I mean...I try to respect people's opinions...but sometimes you just have to wonder how they arrive at those conclusions/opinions. What has Gallo and Randolph showed us besides the potential to be good? How many times does a player with tons of potential get drafted and just never meets it? (Gerald Green.)

I'm not saying that Gallo and Randolph won't pan out, I'm saying let another team hope they do pan out while we're watching Melo do what he's done for the last 7 years along side STAT. Build around them. Turiaf and Felton alone = 11 mil to spend. Plus won't we have a MLE next year? (if the new CBA has one)

A proven commodity almost always beats "potentially great" players, it's much less of a gamble. If we don't make the deal and in two years Gallo and Randolph are still playing like rookies and not really progressing at the pace we'd expect, and Amar'e is 29...what now?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I mean...I try to respect people's opinions...but sometimes you just have to wonder how they arrive at those conclusions/opinions. What has Gallo and Randolph showed us besides the potential to be good? How many times does a player with tons of potential get drafted and just never meets it? (Gerald Green.)

I'm not saying that Gallo and Randolph won't pan out, I'm saying let another team hope they do pan out while we're watching Melo do what he's done for the last 7 years along side STAT. Build around them. Turiaf and Felton alone = 11 mil to spend. Plus won't we have a MLE next year? (if the new CBA has one)

A proven commodity almost always beats "potentially great" players, it's much less of a gamble. If we don't make the deal and in two years Gallo and Randolph are still playing like rookies and not really progressing at the pace we'd expect, and Amar'e is 29...what now?

I think the objection is due to the fact that with Melo we still may not win a title but if both AR and Gallo reach their potential they have a good shot. IDK, I am torn but will be happy either way this season. I thank Donnie for putting us in a great position where we either have a core of Melo, Amare and Felton or we go into the season with a vastly improved roster of young guns. I like our squad but also like the idea of Melo so at this point I am just waiting to see what happens.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I think the objection is due to the fact that with Melo we still may not win a title but if both AR and Gallo reach their potential they have a good shot. IDK, I am torn but will be happy either way this season. I thank Donnie for putting us in a great position where we either have a core of Melo, Amare and Felton or we go into the season with a vastly improved roster of young guns. I like our squad but also like the idea of Melo so at this point I am just waiting to see what happens.

Yea I hear you. When all of these trade talks first came about I was against trading Gallo and Randolph, then I was torn, now I think I'd rather have a proven player over two "maybe, possibly, if everything works out correctly" could be good players. It's a gamble either way but I think I'm for the gamble with less risk now.

Don't take that to mean I'm unhappy with our team, because either way, we're going to have a vastly improved team. But I don't wanna become so drunk on having a legit playoff contender that we lose sight of becoming a championship contender. If Gallo and AR can take us there...fine. But they're 22 and 21 with a very small sample size of their talent on display in the NBA. Melo is a legit scorer who led the NBA in PPG last year until he got banged up, throw that next to arguably the most offensively dominant big in the game, and you're on your way.

I really really wish we had time machines so we can go a couple of years into the future to see if these dudes pan out the way we want them too. It would make this whole situation so much easier, lol.

iSaYughh

Starter
Also. If AR And Gallo Pan Out...

It will be in --years--. Unless we are banking on a total miracle that their evolutions get done and happen in Olympic time.

Is is why the Even With Melo We Prolly Wont Contend carries a bit less weight in the overall debate.

By the time the potential explosions of AR and Gallo happen, we will have had years of Walsh working his magic on building us up as a truly rejuvenated franchise w/ a core of Melo-STAT.

Plus: Azzy, Turiaf, Chandler all off books this year, no? Felton's 7M after two. (plus Curry swiftly goes in taking on Melo).

We will have the cap, players, and restored POWER of NYC/nyk/MSG in full force to make moves to have continual improvement.

It's not like we will be a static team if we procure Melo. Far from it. Arguably, we will be even more dynamic, since our blueprint and gameplan is simplified, more assured, and we will have a ton more clout and attraction.

3 team trade Idea (it was Tommy dee's but im adding to it)

76ers get

Wilson Chandler
Eddy Curry
2nd rounders

Nuggets get

Kelena Azabukie
Andre Igudala
second rounders
2014 First rounder from Knicks

Knicks get

Carmelo Anthony
2nd rounder

iSaYughh

Starter
No way dude.

Azzy. Chandler. Curry. 2014 first, and a couple 2nds.

That seems like a deal id (successfully) try to pull off in NBA2k. :) Which can happen in the NBA, but DEN isn't getting bent over a la Pau Gasol, unless Melo takes it up a few notches and basically --demands-- you sell me 50cents on the dollar to NY or I play this year and walk to the garden.

Not too impossible actually if negotiations truly have or are reaching an impasse.

Azzy is a 1yr rental, and he has a major injury risk for this year.
Chandler is a 1yr rental.
Curry is Curry.

They basically get no longterm, or mediumterm, players back for their franchise, that they couldn't negotiate over after this season anyways.

It's essentially them unloading Melo for two 2nd rounders and a 2014 first.

No way dude.

Azzy. Chandler. Curry. 2014 first, and a couple 2nds.

That seems like a deal id (successfully) try to pull off in NBA2k. :) Which can happen in the NBA, but DEN isn't getting bent over a la Pau Gasol, unless Melo takes it up a few notches and basically --demands-- you sell me 50cents on the dollar to NY or I play this year and walk to the garden.

Not too impossible actually if negotiations truly have or are reaching an impasse.

Azzy is a 1yr rental, and he has a major injury risk for this year.
Chandler is a 1yr rental.
Curry is Curry.

They basically get no longterm, or mediumterm, players back for their franchise, that they couldn't negotiate over after this season anyways.

It's essentially them unloading Melo for two 2nd rounders and a 2014 first.
Yeah but they get cap room and Chandler has a team option.

I do agree with what your saying but Im hoping that what Mello is going to do. Right now hes just beating around the bush. He doesnt want to go tp Philly or New Jersey.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Nuckles, I am surprised at you. Just a few weeks ago, you were arguing that Melo has all the power and we only need to trade Curry + Chandler + scrubs + picks to get Melo. I argued against that saying it would take a lot more, and that it wasn't worth it. You even said it would be dumb for Donnie to blow up the team for one player.

It has become clear to me that you just really want Melo here regardless of the cost. You want another superstar just for having another superstar.

Gutting the franchise to get Melo doesn't bring us any closer to a championship.

The fact remains, Denver needs to trade Melo. We don't need him. We hold all the power in this. If Donnie gives up Gallo + Randolph + Douglas then he should be fired for being the worst GM on the planet. We would be caving in to the demands of Denver and Melo when we don't need to.

Last edited: