What will happen with carmelo?

jzero29

Rotation player
I want carmelo in worst way, but does that mean trading off all the young potential guys? I don't like it...I hate to say I'd love to wait for him to be free agent. Then we can trade young dudes for CP3. Think about it. Our guys play alot and develope increasing trade value, next year we flat out sign Carmelo, lose nothing and then trade those increased valuable peices for CP3. After a little gelling, We'd be on the level of Miami, lakers and elite. Awesome!
but I am scared anthony will be traded elsewhere first. best scenario for would be out right signing in the offseason. but I think Denver will reconsider trade offers before deadline, panicked by the though of losing there guy for nothing and in turn the performance of the knicks developing stars.

If the trade doesn't happen now, what do yu think will happen during the season with carmelo?

New New York

Quiet Storm
The talks of him going to NJ being "dead" is just for the sake of The Nets organization not wanting their young core worrying about their future w the team during camp, so I would not count them out, in fact they are probably still being hyper agressive on landing Melo.

But, if they don't land him by openining night they likely won't get him this season. Reason being is that they will likely be off to a rough start this season thus eliminating any possibility of them getting Melo to sign off on an extension if he is traded during the season to them, so the key for them is getting him now....plus if they do get off to a good start how willing are they to trade 2 starters (one being their only PG) to get a player they can make a strong run at in the off season.

You're right, come the trade deadline all the leverage will be in Melo's court because Denver won't wanna lose him for nothing and could at that point easily force a trade to The Knicks and at that point The Knicks could offer much less, them demanding a couple of picks is less likely (our 2014 pick will probably due just fine) and they will have to take what we offer them pretty much (with in reason of course).

But we have to be seriously in the playoff mix ourselves or Melo will be hesitant to sign an extension with us too.

Chicago is only out of the mix because Denver isnt taking Deng's contract, if they can find a 3rd team with an expiring deal for Deng then they are for sure in the driver's seat....but that is a lot easier said than done!

Smooth

Benchwarmer
after watching todays game we really need mello so if it was me anybody in the knicks team but mello and felton can go in a trade!

Paul1355

All Star
I want carmelo in worst way, but does that mean trading off all the young potential guys? I don't like it...I hate to say I'd love to wait for him to be free agent. Then we can trade young dudes for CP3. Think about it. Our guys play alot and develope increasing trade value, next year we flat out sign Carmelo, lose nothing and then trade those increased valuable peices for CP3. After a little gelling, We'd be on the level of Miami, lakers and elite. Awesome!
but I am scared anthony will be traded elsewhere first. best scenario for would be out right signing in the offseason. but I think Denver will reconsider trade offers before deadline, panicked by the though of losing there guy for nothing and in turn the performance of the knicks developing stars.

If the trade doesn't happen now, what do yu think will happen during the season with carmelo?

after watching the first game, we need more players that can create their own shot, Melo and Amare can do that and Gallo sometimes.

I see wh people were saying that Randolph is inconsistent, he is either great on offense or horrible in his shot selection.

Trading Randolph might not be that bad because he might take a while to develop into a consistent player. Randolph's defense and rebounding is solid but offensively he needs work. Even Mozgov was impressive