Walker vs Webber, NY's two leading candidates for PF

WiL8000

Rotation player
Antoine Walker or Chris Webber? It looks like Isiah Thomas is trying to find the better deal, to pick up one of these guys. I'm curious to see who you guys prefer. Most likely Kurt Thomas and one other player on the Knicks will be involved in the trade, if it goes through. This was mentioned most recently at the end of the article about Ewing, possibly taking a job with the Knicks.

kevin

Benchwarmer
I am all for Webber coming even with his knee problems. He averaged almost 20 points even with being 80%. I think after a long summer he would be ready to play and has shown interest in playing in new york. Also sacremento needs to trade him now since his stock is up.

JJtheKnick

Starter
i really dont like that trade. i think hes done. his knee hurts and it wont stop. its the same one as penny and look at him he never recoverd

nycballa91

Benchwarmer
i agree wit "kevin" and i think he is a better candiate than walker. but i like the idea of keepin kurt on the team. i think he isnt better than webber so kurt should go. trade anderson in the deal. he suks

JJtheKnick

Starter
he is better than walker but he still is injured. he says hes not but so did okerfur and he got picked second. the magic said his back was a factor

NYK89

Rookie
i dont like either of em, but if we're pickin between the two, then definetly C-webb....even though antoine walker hasn't been injured, c-webb is more a star than walker will ever be.

walker can't play D, something we DEF need in the front court

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i think webbers career is now going to hit a downfall...he is nmot going to just get wack but slowly i think he is going to get wacker...i wont get known of them

JJtheKnick

Starter
exactly c-webb cant play that good anymore and in a few years he will be really bad because the injury would have taking it tolll on him

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
C-Webb one of my all-time favorite players. but I think he's done. his knees are gone. We can't have two maybes on the team (C-Webb/Houston).

JJtheKnick

Starter
very good point. our two best players will be like a day to day thing. thats to much for the knicks they need healthy players

kevin

Benchwarmer
I disagree Webber averaged over 20 points wiht a bum knee and has mentioned that he will be ready. Also he played in the Western Conference, if he came to the knicks and was 80% he could easily average 20-23 and 12-14

WiL8000

Rotation player
I agree along the lines of what kevin just mentioned. Webber would probably have better numbers in the East, even if he's not quite 100 percent. Especially now, with another bigman like TMac headed out west. I think Webber would probably fit the Knicks better than Walker. Isiah seems to be more interested in Walker from what I've read in the papers. Hopefully if he's determined to land one of these two players, he changes his mind.

JJtheKnick

Starter
you have to ask your self how many more year does he have? also why would the kings trade him? who are we going to give them? and where is the money?

newmove

Rotation player
kevin said:
I disagree Webber averaged over 20 points wiht a bum knee and has mentioned that he will be ready. Also he played in the Western Conference, if he came to the knicks and was 80% he could easily average 20-23 and 12-14
I agree, that's right! And he can pass the ball and play decent D. Get Webber if you can!

newmove

Rotation player
JJtheKnick said:
webber even said during the playoffs that his knee was bothering him a lil. that lil is going to turn out to be big
Only if he will let it bother him. I don't think he's gonna wait what happens to his knee, but I believe he's gonna cure it this summer and get himself back in shape. So let's get Chris if we can.