Why FELTON will SUCCEED here

Remix 37

Rookie
Link

GREAT GREAT read!!

I know i know, he hasn't done much to win me over either. In fact, i think Douglas should start ahead of him. TD has been nothing but a pest to other teams, and Landry Fields is really winning me over. Imagine TD and Fields as the 1 and 2!! Both of them have great instincts and will only get better with time.

Back to Felton tho, the guy seems to be depressed or something. Most of us here are just going to jump and say its only preseason but still im a little worried. I only like the fact that he isn't a quitter which this article points out, and im hoping he turns this thing around. Preseason or not, these players cant have any more excuses to not be the at the top of their game...

Anybody disagree with the article?

iJoe

Rotation player
As much as I agree about some points, the guy is an idiot for thinking Marbury and Hughes were great players. Felton definitely needs more time for anyone to judge. However.... if he doesn't start producing even 10 games into the season, he'll face the wrath of the impatient NY media.

Both were talented, yet both only had a thimble of intelligence. Marbury was talented, but specialized in making everyone worse around him. Hughes was always overrated with no jump shot and even worse.... absolutely no clue what was a good or bad shot.

Remix 37

Rookie
As much as I agree about some points, the guy is an idiot for thinking Marbury and Hughes were great players. Felton definitely needs more time for anyone to judge. However.... if he doesn't start producing even 10 games into the season, he'll face the wrath of the impatient NY media.

Both were talented, yet both only had a thimble of intelligence. Marbury was talented, but specialized in making everyone worse around him. Hughes was always overrated with no jump shot and even worse.... absolutely no clue what was a good or bad shot.

the marbury thing is a little out of nowhere but at the same time hughes was at one point our most consistent player, and i remember thinking to myself this fool embarrased himself against indiana..i remember he missed a layup got the rebound, lost it off his leg, tried to save it and threw it behind his back into the crowd and fell down..i was at the game and i remember booing him so bad..i think thats the game this guy was referring to...i was actually a little disappointed about marbury bc he looked good in preseason at sg even, i remembr the game at philly..he played well

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Felton has a good track record. Even if he's not good 10 games into the season that's still 72 more games for him to prove himself...he's a good player, he's got talent and quickness that this team lacks, and most importantly HE HAS THE DRIVE TO IMPROVE which is something we've lacked in a lot of our players recently

Paul1355

All Star
Link

GREAT GREAT read!!

I know i know, he hasn't done much to win me over either. In fact, i think Douglas should start ahead of him. TD has been nothing but a pest to other teams, and Landry Fields is really winning me over. Imagine TD and Fields as the 1 and 2!! Both of them have great instincts and will only get better with time.

Back to Felton tho, the guy seems to be depressed or something. Most of us here are just going to jump and say its only preseason but still im a little worried. I only like the fact that he isn't a quitter which this article points out, and im hoping he turns this thing around. Preseason or not, these players cant have any more excuses to not be the at the top of their game...

Anybody disagree with the article?
Felton has failed so far but i think he needs time to get comfortable...he reminds me of Billy Walker...Walker stunk this summer league when he could have murdered guys on the court, he was rusty and felt pressure to be as god as he was at the end of the season....now that Walker is comfy again he has been draining buckets...Felton will get comfortbale..

the one worry with Felton is how dumb he was on defense against Rondo....he was constantly playing Rondo up close when Rondo has NO shot, so Rondo would just blow by him or Felton would constantly get screened and Rondo would have a field day.

tiger0330

Legend
He does have a track record, he must be pressing with the pressure to succeed here. You can see he's disappointed in his play when he shakes his head or makes a face on a bad play. He will come around when he is getting the bulk of the minutes regularly, D'Ants should play him 35 mins in the last couple of preseason games and into the regular season.

One negative for me is I thought he was faster, I don't think he has the speed to break down a defense. I thought Telfair was significantly faster than him and Ridnour who is not the fastest PG in the NBA was Felton's equal in quickness.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I'll be the first to admit that I havent seen felton play all that much over the last couple of years. I still need to watch how he plays more (cant judge to much right now) only watched the 2nd quarter of the italy game and 1st half of the celtic game ( I know ) But I think its a risk that the team is going to take and a risk I would take. (I mean risk in the sense he is not elite) I think he can be dynamic, I have seen his highlights but I need to watch more games. I think he is the type of player that can be mentaly tuff first, second I think he can gain a lot of confidence playing with Amare and having succces on a team that has some good players on it.

I think he needs to practis practice practice and get up and down the floor with some excitement. After all when he was in North Carolina ( i know college ) I could not believe my eyes how fast he was. Im not easy to impress and I was like DAYYUMMMMM that kid can run. So ya I think he can be a DYNAMIC floor general. I wanna see his shot and how he develops his passes. I wanna see how tuff his defense is and I wanna see HOW HE CLOSES GAMES.

Kiyaman

Legend

How much money did Marbury & Hughes make their last 5 years in the NBA?
Dont hate on a guy who earn twice your pay on your job.
Marbury & Hughes talent/skillz were extrodinary top of the class in the
NBA as a offensive-guard & a defensive-guard.

Felton first mistake in the NBA was never working hard with his guard
teammates (grabbing 35 mpg for 5 straight years!). Being signed by the
Knicks in July, but not reporting to workout untill a week before training
camp WTF! Knick guards Douglas/Walker/Fields were working out at the
Knicks training facility running scrimage games all summer, and Felton never
dropped by once to workout for 2 to 3 days with new teammates he will
have to improve their talent as our 30 mpg starter to make his skillz look good.
:gony: :smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
Toney Douglas will steal the majority of Felton playingtime by midseason.
I could already see Felton coming down with some injury as Douglas playingtime minutes rise.
Mentioning the above does not mean Douglas is a better starter than Felton.
Felton is a legit starter with much more experience than Douglas, its just that
Douglas talent level performs on par with his oponents which will venture in getting
extra playingtime as the season goes on.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
How much money did Marbury & Hughes make their last 5 years in the NBA?
Dont hate on a guy who earn twice your pay on your job.

Math is obviously not your strong suite...LOL, so I guess you are saying that iJoe makes around 10 mil a year! :thumbsup:

As for the rest....no one takes you seriously anymore...you defend and wish for Marbury, Darko and Hughes. On top of that you have some mancrush on Earl Barron and speak about him almost every thread. Dude, can't you see how you look to 99% of this forum? Are you this irrational in real life? I hope not...

iJoe

Rotation player
Math is obviously not your strong suite...LOL, so I guess you are saying that iJoe makes around 10 mil a year! :thumbsup:

As for the rest....no one takes you seriously anymore...you defend and wish for Marbury, Darko and Hughes. On top of that you have some mancrush on Earl Barron and speak about him almost every thread. Dude, can't you see how you look to 99% of this forum? Are you this irrational in real life? I hope not...

Woohoo! I'm Rich biatches! :jump::jump:

elcol

Rotation player
i pray that you are right, and felton will succeed, at least he showed some improvement from the first 2 games, he did get some nice passes and gelled a little more smoothly. but still is a bit rough.

Paul1355

All Star
I could already see Felton coming down with some injury as Douglas playingtime minutes rise.
Douglas talent level performs on par with his oponents which will venture in getting

If Douglas becomes a solid starter after a Felton injury, expect Felton to be traded for cap space and a solid big man

petescud

Starter
I think Douglas will be the starter by the All Star Break. Nothing against Felton, but TD is going to be a special player, determined to be out PG, and Felton, doesn't have the same driven, from what I see so far

Hope your right on this one Kiyaman