Fear of the Cock

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Gallo's Heard The Rumors: If The New York Knicks can pry Carmelo Anthony away from the Denver Nuggets, Knicks' forward Danilo Gallinari will be part of that deal. That's something Gallo has heard since training camp opened and while players can do little about trade rumors, and even less about being included in a trade, Gallinari wants everyone who's listening to know ? he loves being a Knick.

"Look, I'm very happy here and I don't want to go anywhere else," Gallinari said to Yahoo's Eurosport. "I love New York, I love playing on this team, I love the coach and his system and the people around here. I'm in the perfect place and I want to be here for a long time. I don't want to leave."

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17640#ixzz12ijsKhy9

Hopefully he's tossing bricks to put off the ButtNuggets.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Meh...he is supposed to be a pro and that is part of the biz. If it is effecting his game then he should go ASAP. That said, I don't think it is effecting him and I like that he love NYC.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I love his mentality and love his hype. I hope I start to love his game. I can't wait to see more and see how he plays this season.

I don't expect anybody to be perfect but I wanna see him drive to the hole, finish and do all the little things that can make this team better.

I wanna see how handles adversity and finishes games. I wanna see how he passes the ball and makes his teammates better.

Obviously his main job is not to pass the ball and he is known as a shooter but I want to see him elevate his game and make his teammates better. A lot of these games are gonna come down to the end.

What he does at the end of games and in the fourth quarter is going to be very telling with all the hype surronding him.

I'm glad he wants to be in NY and handles the pressure so well. Thats the type of player that NY needs. I would like to see him come in and takeover some games at both ends of the floor and add things to his game ( and your like whoa, I never new he could do that) Thats what he needs to do IMO

Paul1355

All Star
Hopefully he's tossing bricks to put off the ButtNuggets.
If Gallo continues to be one dimensional as just a spot up shooter then he can easily be part of that deal.

I think Donnie Walsh is tired of seeing all of these "break out" players not breaking out and just chucking. Melo chucks but he knows if he misses to drive to the hoop and draw fouls which Melo can do easily, this is what makes Melo, his versatility. Gallo does not use his versatility now does he ever try to drive to the basket to draw fouls.

From what I see right now I would not mind throwing in Gallo, Mason, Rautins, Curry, and a 1st round pick with a few 2nd round picks...not a problem for me.

I really pull back and forth with trading Gallo, but he just doesn't have the drive to get buckets many ways, he only tries one way...long shooting and that doesn't cut it, especially when teams play u close. One dimensional.

The title sounds mad happy, whats up with that? I wonder why people support this name. I always thought it was from Gallo's resemblance to a chicken?he moves, acts, plays and even looks like one. Anyways?If he wants to continue visiting NYC, I have no problem with that. There are plenty of diverse neighborhoods and many tourist attractions to keep anyone busy. But, his first class seating at the Garden to watch the Knicks play and his mind boggling opportunity to even interact with the Knicks should be over ASAP. The dream is over kid, wake up!!

Blumatic

Rotation player
I don't even think its about him driving to the basket. Gallo has to move around without the ball and ask for it when he has great position. He has to set picks for a pick n pop (with his jump shot). screens need to be set for him. He's taller compared to other wing players he should be trying to establish great position against smaller players. Pump fake dude.

And when he bricks he shouldn't be discouraged he should continue to go hard to draw fouls. He should get 6 chances at the line per game.

But this season is it for Gallo and Knicks fans need to let him know.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Lets face it, Gallo doesn't know how to fully utilize all his talents and advantages and neither does Dantoni or his coaching staff. The same things keep happening over and over with Gallo and I never see dissappointment on the coaches face. I've never seen Dantoni pull Gallo over to the side and urge him to do more slashing and driving to the basket.

Now I don't claim to know everything about coaching, BUT if given the opportunity I would sit Gallo in my office and tell him what he needs to do to be successful. I would simply break it down for him as follows:

It's ok to take long range shots when open since it eventually opens up your driving opportunities. The same also goes for the opposite. You have to take advantage of it though. Right now you're one dimensional and defenses guard you pretty easily. Keep moving and take mid range jumpers, set picks and pop, post up since you have good height and try to get to the line more often. The way you're playing, you will never get your defender into foul trouble. You can't put up consistent numbers playing the way you're playing. We need you as a key piece to the puzzle, not as a 3pt shooting role player. Lets go Gallo. I know you're better than this.

WTF is Dantoni saying?????

The way I see it.. Gallo needs to work on his post game along with ball handling so he can do other things beside chuck 3s. His handle isn't up to par enough for him to consistently be able to get to the basket when he wants vs an NBA defender. He struggles with his handle more often than not when he tries to create off the dribble vs man on man defense. Posting up at his size needs to be as important as getting him to drive on occasions.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Someone mentioned this in different thread but it's not until another player is pretty much embarrassing Gallo (Melo) that we see his true form come out... He needs to be able to control that killer instinct and be able to walk onto the court at the beginning of the game with it on... He's still young with some bad habits...

KingCharles34

All Star
i agree with Stephon Marbury...Gallo still has alotta work to do. The fact that Mike Antoni rides the cocks cock and says he wants him to be an all star shows that he has a bias towards Italians which is the reason why we ended up with the cock instead of Brook Lopez but thats a whole other thread. And I dont think Antoni is riding the cock to help his confidence, i think hes really obsessed with the cock.

clumsy

Rotation player
i htink the fact that we suck at the little things has to do with D'Antoni.....what are they working on in practice.......does he tell Gallo to just stand in the corner and hope someone sees him.