lakers r gonna stink

nycballa91

Benchwarmer
the laker's run has ended. after their 3 peat they were supposed t owin some more championships. now that they lost to detroit this year, and to san antonio last year, they broke apart. phil is gone so they need a good coach. kob is leavin so they need a pg. shaq wants out but they will prolly get someone good 4 him. malone is injured so he is gonna stink. and payton is the only good player they got left .this all just goes to show u that they prolly r gonna be like 8th in nexty ear's playoff spot.

JJtheKnick

Starter
they might not be that bad cuz GP is coming back. kobe might stay because shaq is going. so in the end it might not be a bad team.

JJtheKnick

Starter
kobe said he wants his own team and he hates shaq. with shaq gone its going to be his team and he wont deal with shaq.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I hate the Lakers, but I won't say that they will suck next season. I think they're a fourth place team in the Western Conference at worst. Thats not bad for a team that will be revamped. Malone is a huge questionmark for the Lakers too. Next season will greatly depend on who the Lakers get for Shaq, and they are asking teams for three of their good players for the Big Guy.

Only The Knicks said:
They won't stink. Take my word for it.

Hey Only The knicks...you joined the club, i took your advice in your sig and joined here. see ya on the boards.......and i dont think the Lakers are going to stink next year

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
Lakers GuRu said:
Only The Knicks said:
They won't stink. Take my word for it.

Hey Only The knicks...you joined the club, i took your advice in your sig and joined here. see ya on the boards.......and i dont think the Lakers are going to stink next year
Yeah man see you around CL and here.

BryantDunkGiant

Benchwarmer
Lakers could very well not make the playoffs next year depending if Malone/Slava leave our team.

The thing you fail to realize is that we're doing something called "re-building." By trading Shaq, we sped up that process.

Give the Lakers a 3 years and we'll be back in the running for a title.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
A team with Kobe, Odom, GP, Butler, Grant, and Vlade isn't going to stink. The Lakers aren't over. I don't think we will be winning any titles this season or maybe even next season, but with Rudy T, you never know. Look at what he did with a 7th placed Rockets team.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
the lakers are not going to be bad but there not going to be good. they wont finsh in the top 4 in the playoffs

I disagree. I think they will be third. If youl look at the West, the only teams better are the Wolves and Spurs. Who else do you think is better?

BryantDunkGiant

Benchwarmer
I think Malone's decision really will affect the Lakers chances as to how far they go.

In no way do I see us seriously contending for a title next year, but hey-- we're re-building. It takes time.

JJtheKnick

Starter
jsm0331 said:
JJtheKnick said:
the lakers are not going to be bad but there not going to be good. they wont finsh in the top 4 in the playoffs

I disagree. I think they will be third. If youl look at the West, the only teams better are the Wolves and Spurs. Who else do you think is better?

what about houston, kings and you never know the nuggets. plus the lakers are a brand new team. new coach new players new everything and remember the knicks last season they were new and look what happen.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
what about houston, kings and you never know the nuggets. plus the lakers are a brand new team. new coach new players new everything and remember the knicks last season they were new and look what happen.

-Houston has no depth and no PG.
-Kings are old and lost the most important piece of their team to the Lakers and they aren't planning on signing anyone new.
-Nuggets only have added K-Mart, who won't do as well in the West, but they are losing a lot of their depth. Barry, Lenard, Anderson, and Rodney White are all going or have gotten deals with other teams.

JJtheKnick

Starter
-housten as yao and t mac and we all know what happens when a good center and a really good SG team up.

-how was he the most important piece, they got peja, bibby, webber, miller, bobby jackson, Greg Ostertag and Doug Christie. thats a good team

-k-mart wont do bad in the west and the nuggets have players that were injured and will better this year.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
-housten as yao and t mac and we all know what happens when a good center and a really good SG team up.

-how was he the most important piece, they got peja, bibby, webber, miller, bobby jackson, Greg Ostertag and Doug Christie. thats a good team

-k-mart wont do bad in the west and the nuggets have players that were injured and will better this year.

The big man and SG combo isn't effective any more, notice the Lakers haven't won in two years. Teams with depth win now and the Rockets have none.

Vlade made the team run, he was the leader, captain, pick setter, got everyone the ball when they needed it. Also, they are losing 1/2 their team to free agency. Peeler left today. Peja chokes in the playoffs. Webber chokes 24/7, is aging, and has injuries always. Ostertag is overrated and not exactly young. Christie is old. And we will see how much Bibby will miss getting open shots, which 90% of his points came from, they were set up by picks set by Vlade.

Injured players on the Nuggets? Like who? And who is going to play SG for them, Lenard and Barry are going to not be there, they have a thinner roster than they had last year.

JJtheKnick

Starter
the lakers dident win because no one got along. plus soo much was happening that season everything was messed up. but with t mac and yao they are brand new and we can expect alot form them.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
the lakers dident win because no one got along. plus soo much was happening that season everything was messed up. but with t mac and yao they are brand new and we can expect alot form them.

A lot...of nothing. T-Mac won't pass Yao the ball and won't play defense, they were better off with Francis and Mobley.

JJtheKnick

Starter
we dont know how they will play together yet. but if the do pass the ball to each other and if they do play like a team. WATCH OUT!