The Knicks suck.

Is D'Antoni doing a good job with the Knicks?

• Yes, I worship the ground he walks on.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Yes, but he is a jacka$$.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I dunno.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No, he sucks.

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm sorry to be a pessimist, but I'm not liking how the Knicks have played so far.

I know this is just the pre-season, but this team has absolutely no defense. They just allow players to walk right to the basket and lay it up.

Besides Amare Stoudemire, who can the Knicks consistently rely on in the 4th quarter?

Mozgov is okay, but he's more of backup than a starter.
Gallinari is a role player. I don't care what anyone says. Gallinari is a whacker version of Tim Thomas in his prime.
Chandler is good, not very good.
Azubuike is good, but he's Steve Francis when it comes to injuries.

The Knicks have no chance of making the 2011 playoffs, unless D'Antoni gets fired, or the Eastern Conference completely cripples the way it did when the Knicks got the 7th best record in the east, with 39 wins, in 2004.

KBlack25

Starter
no mention of Toney Douglas in the OP who has looked good. I pray to God he doesn't get buried like last year behind the garbage PGs we had. If D'Antoni gives TD minutes I bet he shows up to play.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I'm sorry to be a pessimist, but I'm not liking how the Knicks have played so far.

I know this is just the pre-season, but this team has absolutely no defense. They just allow players to walk right to the basket and lay it up.

Besides Amare Stoudemire, who can the Knicks consistently rely on in the 4th quarter?

Gallinari is a role player. I don't care what anyone says. Gallinari is a whacker version of Tim Thomas in his prime.

The Knicks have no chance of making the 2011 playoffs, unless D'Antoni gets fired, or the Eastern Conference completely cripples the way it did when the Knicks got the 7th best record in the east, with 39 wins, in 2004.

Classic Knicks pessimism and we haven't even played a game that matters yet. Ridiculous..

New New York

Quiet Storm
We have only seen 5 Pre Season games, none of which did Amare play major minutes in the 4th.

Dantoni is shuffling the lineups (as is every coach this time of the year) thus us not really getting a feel for what this team will look like come opening night. Players are still getting used to each other and this is not just with The Knicks, its the whole league!!!

The other night I watched a linuep with Derrick Rose,Noah and Deng lose to Dallas' third string guys in OT, does that mean anything about the Bulls season?

Minny is damn near undefeated in the Pre Season are they NBA Finals bound?

Yes if the playoffs started today and were based on a BCS sort of system then The Knicks would be out.....but we still have 82 games that actually count coming up and that will tell us where our team is!!!

Fact:Gallo will play better than he is playing now

Fact: Felton will play better

Fact: Randolph will get better as well!

I'm not expecting much this year, but we will be vastly improved this year, trust that!!

But any prediction about this team be it good or bad is dumb at this point, we still don't know what to expect

:gony:

iSaYughh

Starter
Yes. And too much focus on viewing the quality of our roster and outlook strictly by how many W's we may notch.

We have a lot of quality prospects, many of whom experts and fans alike think have a good shot at breaking out. A superstar big. And a proven starting-caliber pg with potential for a lot more this yr given his languishing in LB's systm that negated his finest attributes. Plus, guys like Chandler who at worst are serviceable, versatile, 2way player.

We'll be competitive this year, barring a total player collapse or the proven fact that D'ant is as bad as you and Kiya believe.

And we have the assets and improving image now to make serious moves.

If D'ant and Walsh are as bad as you think we are likely ****ed no matter. But if they aren't total morons, we WILL be good, and likely very good very soon...because we HAVE a good roster and cap spot for a GM and coach to quickly build into a bonefied winning team oh the rise.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
It's preseason bro, chill.

Like NNY said, If this reflected how the season would turn out, the T-Wolves would be like the best team in the league.

jpz17

Starter
We have only seen 5 Pre Season games, none of which did Amare play major minutes in the 4th.

Dantoni is shuffling the lineups (as is every coach this time of the year) thus us not really getting a feel for what this team will look like come opening night. Players are still getting used to each other and this is not just with The Knicks, its the whole league!!!

The other night I watched a linuep with Derrick Rose,Noah and Deng lose to Dallas' third string guys in OT, does that mean anything about the Bulls season?

Yes if the playoffs started today and were based on a BCS sort of system then The Knicks would be out.....but we still have 82 games that actually count coming up and that will tell us where our team is!!!

I'm not expecting much this year, but we will be vastly improved this year, trust that!!

But any prediction about this team be it good or bad is dumb at this point, we still don't know what to expect

Amen. I hope to god D'Antoni messes with the lineups during pre-season. He will be doing that for at least 10 games.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I think it takes time when you have a whole new team and everything isnt gonna fall into place like tic tac toe. I can understand fans getting unpatient with the coach but I think it's to early and I dont agree with any of these answers. Mine would be It's to early right now.

I do not like our Coach now and I still won't like him if we win 50 games. I just don't like his style of ball. I'm old school and like to play from the inside out, if Mike like the three ball so much he should try to feed the post to open up the outside..... at least that's how I thaught it was supposed to be???

If the Knicks make the playoffs this season it has a lot more to do with Donnie Walsh and the player's than it does D'Antonie.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Classic Knicks pessimism and we haven't even played a game that matters yet. Ridiculous..

You'll get used to disproportionate reactions on here. It's most common in women that are 'flying the communist flag' and knicksonline.com posters.

Rational deduction is a rarity. It comes from having the dumbness inside your head type of shit.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Prejudging the 4th youngest team in the NBA in 4 preseason games when 10 of our players are new is pretty silly.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This team will struggle in the beginning. If you didn't know that and expected the team to be playing great from the beginning, then it's your own fault for being disappointed. Plus, a realistic expectation for this team is aound .500 and getting the 7th or 8th seed. Any higher expectation is just foolish.

If we are at .500 after 20 games, we are in good shape.

*favorites this thread for later*

jzero29

Rotation player
wow. to soon to say they suck, but I am concerned

gallinari is not tim thomas. Tim had no heart until later in his career when his youthful athletism had faded some. Galinari is only in his second full season, (not counting his 1st season, he didn't play) he should be given a chance, before you go comparing him to Tim thomas.

Mozgov, he's a solid back up now, but he has starter potential. He is young and needs to develope. Besides do you remember Yao Mings first season...he got abused. Now when healthy he's a top notch center. Give Mozgov some time to get used to NBA. Like a year or 2 before you write him off as a back up. NBA is more physical and banging inside, where he plays as seen he's getting used to how the refs call it in the NBA. Figuring out 1 what extra is allowed that's not in europe and 2 whats not allowed here also. I like that he's tested it out and gotten the fouls and gotten into it. He's learning, testing the waters. Pushing the envelope to see where the NBA standard of fouls starts.

your statement about amare being only option in the 4th? has he played a minute in 4th quarter? in any preseason game? hmmmm. Prior to the last game, which I don't know if yes or no, he didn't play. So what are you basing this on? He is no doubt the go to guy and we need others to sep up and fill the role of outside shooter. we'll see what happens there is a role there open for the taking. who will step up.

This team hasn't played a real game yet, so it's hard to see if they play hard, with heart blood and guts! or if they play soft, give up and walk through the motions. They are young, inexperienced, and I believe hungry and motivated. Give them a couple real games to judge wherre they're at, then another 10-20 to see if they progress and develope or crumble and fade. we won't get a good idea about this team until mid season. That said they could play awefull from the start and finish strong, but miss the playoffs. or vice versa. We as fans need to give them support to grow and be competetive
The games may not matter but they have not be impressive yet either. Glimps and flashes but not consistent. I see mediocre, which means the regular season could be long and painful again...but its early.

Uhm, what are you basing these facts on? gallo, has not shown consistency. felton has been awefull and randolph also inconsistent.
FACT: non of your facts are actually facts.
I hope gallo and randolph step up. Felton, i have to say looks terrible and I was against his signing, especially for the price tag...but it is to early to throw dirt on him. He has room to improve and should be given time to make me eat my words.
You're right, any prediction is unknown. 10 young,new players, getting to know each other. Anything can happen. There are no FACTS about the season, team or any 1 player.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
Mike D sucks but his players don't so we should make playoffs...if we don't all the blame goes on Mike D

Sounds like your mind is made up about our coach no matter what happens then.

If we win, it's entirely in spite of him.
If we lose, it's entirely his fault.

Damn. Nobody seems to get how "VARIENCE" plays into winning, if you define winning by championships (especially if your team isnt some juggernaut).

It's like a poker tournament. Say, the WSOP Main Event. Actually winning (as defined by a title, or even final heads up, etc.) isn't a terribly great determinate of how good the person is. A better gauge, would be their overall pedigree of being -A- winning player (i.e a winning coach on winning squads consistently contending).

D'ant's Suns' teams battled one of the top, alltime NBA dynasties, and still was a game away, a HUGE bullshit suspension, and fluke injury from being favored to go the finals and clean house.

If D'ant gets that title, nobody here is saying shit (which would be equally nonsensical, because just because you win a championship, you could still be mediocre, or have flaws, and have flaws that are killers with a given roster). But what actually happened? Did D'ant himself actually do anything patently great or patently bad to NOT get that championship in the end? If he GOT the title, would his coaching skills and actual game be really any better or worse than it now is. No.

Mike D'Antoni -- and any other coach -- can't be pegged down this easily. Certainly not after last season w us on arguably THE most top2bottom dysfunctional and wack NBA roster of the decade (in a vacuum, its talent wasnt the worst, and our record reflected that, but its been far and away the most uncoachable, wack assed lineup and franchise situation in ages).

Give the man this season. It's inane to be making such sweeping judgements on last year. And funneling it with 2nd hand, distant (but sweeping) speculations on his SSOL and his Phoenix years.

Let's observe him brutally, but fairly this year.

And don't forget, I think it was STAT himself, though others have said similiar: when comparing D'Ant to a maestro rapper who can spit out sick offensive schemes and plays like a savant.

You can't teach that shit. Even if D'ant has historically been weaker on D, it's much more reasonable to think he can -- and will -- improve in that area.

KingCharles34

All Star
lol @ how everybody is dancin around the facts tryna avoid ABCD's valid arguments...yall sayin sh*t thats irrelevant and off topic.

Besides Amare, nobodys proven squat to us yet...they've proven that they're all inconsistent and thats about it.

Smooth

Benchwarmer

I agree this is why i keep saying trade all these scrubs for Mello...then we talking!