Preseason: Knicks VS Nets

Toney D is ready
Felton is ready
Stat is ready
Mozgov is ready

I like the attack and fight gallo/randolph/chandler showed also turiaf
I think the 3rd quarter meltdown was cause of a lack of energy and Farmar stroking.

Can't wait for the season to start most exciting team yet!

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
felton, douglas, gallo, amare and moz.
i love douglas' defense, amare's energy, moz's fast improvement in such a short period of time, felton's playmaking skills and gallo...well im waiting for gallo but its preseason.
GO NEW YORK GO NEW YORK GO!

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Good Showing by the Knicks tonight. The guards played tuff on both ends of the floor. Douglas and Felton played lights out. I thought Randolph did his job for the most part on defense and knailen down shots. Mozgov played pretty good for not having a lot of NBA expierence. I think people are already starting to expect him to show up every night and contribute. Turiff did his job, NOTHING flashy but held down his spot. Walker came in and hit some shots like he is suppose to. Chandler had some moments but I want to see more.

AMARE plays tuff and keeps going and going. He is it it for four quarters, and the team takes on his personality. At one point I thought he was forcing some shots particularly when the nets came back on there run ( which I think was 17) NBA teams are not going away. Even if the roles were reversed and the Knicks were down, ( coming back from 16 ) TEAMS are not gonna quit but I'm super confindent in this team taking the attitude of Amare and making the playoffs this year.

GALLO could not finish at the rim. He needs to finish at the rim FOR all the attention he gets from some people ( some people on this forum ) He dosent look like he can change his game that much with that stiff body and poor handle.

I think the coaching staff did a good job of getting the players ready to play tonight. Tommoro when they play at Philly not all the players that steped up tonight are gonna step up. Thats when you need GALLO to have a strong offensive performance and less turnovers and foul shots need to be nailed.

Looking good, It's a fun team to watch and they played with a lot of energy and focus tonight. I think Amare tells the guys all the time about living in the moment and accepting the challenges of everynight and I MUST say I think he gets there attention and respect. So I think it's gonna turn out in there favor this year. Theres gonna be a lot of close games and theres gonna be a lot of back to backs and road trips and YOU NAME IT. Thats the NBA. The coaching staff has them in postion right now to compete on a nightly basis and it works because you have proven winners like FELTON and Amare leading the pack.

KingCharles34

All Star
BILLY FUKKIN SKY WALKER Three for Four from 3 :gony:

sidenote: we suck at rebounding, smh @ anthony ransoft not gettin a rebound in 20 minutes

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Man, I love that 2nd unit. Full court pressure, running, steals. That unit is going to win a lot of games for us. That and Amare. He's unstoppable.

By the way, anybody notice how Bill Walker has played really well in every preseason game he's played? Should he be the starting SG?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
By the way, anybody notice how Bill Walker has played really well in every preseason game he's played? Should he be the starting SG?

If he's not, consistent shooting will earn him a lot of minutes out there as one of our few 3 point threats. He was on the glass as well. I loved it when he gave The People's Elbow to Lopez. I always get excited when I see him attack the hoop as well. Quietly hanging out for a Walker stuff.

Speaking of SGs, Mason Jr is looking pretty woeful.

☆As of right now, the stunted back court of Felton and Douglas is looking threatening to NBA offenses.

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
the governor

played some good d on lopez in the second half. Brook couldn't get any good looks around the basket and put up some awkward shots thanks to the intiminator, the Gov on the Hudson.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Good things from this game:

MOZGOV - he's still gotta learn the NBA game a bit but man if this kid can put pressure on BROOK LOPEZ then he's ready to be a contributor for us off the bench. I think you let him play maybe 24-26 minutes a game and you let Turiaf play the others.

AMAR'E - 'nuff said, he IS that good.

DOUGLAS - I know he's not much of a PG and a floor general but if he can provide that scoring spark as well as make some crisp passes here or there and press hard on defense like he does, he'll be a solid contributor on this team for years to come. Six ****ing steals!

Felton - finally starting to come into his own

Randolph - good and bad here, bad being no rebounds, good being good scoring efficiency and a solid contribution off the bench

Bill Walker's still making a good case for being the starting SG.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

Gallo didn't take too many shots. But that's really a good thing that he didn't, part of being a good basketball player is knowing that there are some nights where some guys are just in the zone and they'll make any shot you ask them to, and good players are the ones who defer to those guys in those situations. Tonight, Amar'e was on fire, so you GET HIM THE BALL! Gallo did a good job by not chucking 3's and disrupting Amar'e's rhythm and just letting him do the work.

Toons

is the Bo$$
BILLY FUKKIN SKY WALKER Three for Four from 3 :gony:

sidenote: we suck at rebounding, smh @ anthony ransoft not gettin a rebound in 20 minutes

the box score doesnt tell the whole story with randolph. Randolph was in and played a small forward role. He brought the ball up the court, and played wing. He wasnt in rebound position. I dont think that was his main assignment tonight.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Great game! We haven't had a defending guard like TD since Starks and Harper. Felton looks like he's finally getting comfortable with his teammates and learning their tendencies. He should continue to be solid going forward.

Bill Walker has quietly been one of the most consistent players in preseason. He's not flashy or anything but gets the job done. He should either start or get plenty of minutes. Mason is subpar and isn't anything special IMO.

I like the combination of Mozgov and Turiaf holding down the 5. Not much offense there but they both play D and that's exactly what we need. Oviously rebounding needs to be picked up a bit.

AMARE! I remember when fan-boy posters were claiming that Lee was just as good for less money. NO NO NO MY FRIENDS. Amare changes the game when he's in there. I've tried to explain this before by saying that Lee's production was good but pretty even over the course of a game. Amare will come in and immediately reel off 8-10 straight points and swing the momentum back our way. He also gets to the line damn near all the time. Lee may be able to put up Amare-like numbers on some nights, but he is NOT Amare and does not impact the game the same way.

iSaYughh

Starter
Gallo is actually posting and attacking the basket not getting the foul calls but it still is a good look for him

Starting Lineup should be
Felton
Douglas
Gallinari
Amare
Mozgov

best working lineup when on the court

Co-sign. Felton needs to be the starting point, but Douglas is percolating and growing too good to deny him a shot starting in an undefined 2-slot. As a combo guard he brings a lot to the table.

Felton
Douglas-Walker
Gallo-Chandler
STAT-AR
Moz-Turiaf

I love Walker flying off bench into the 2 and 3.

Douglas playing the 2 but can fill in at the 1.

Multi positional Chandler and AR. Even STAT who can more than hold down at the 5.

Throw in Melo for Gallo/Chandler/1sts/Curry and we are championship gold on the up n up.

KingCharles34

All Star
the box score doesnt tell the whole story with randolph. Randolph was in and played a small forward role. He brought the ball up the court, and played wing. He wasnt in rebound position. I dont think that was his main assignment tonight.

i missed some of the game bcuz i was watchin the Yankees game but it seemed like Randolph actually did play decent, but its still sad that he got no rebounds in 20 minutes, thats some Kevin Garnett type ish

petescud

Starter
Special thanks to a forum member for helping me watch the game. It was awesome to be able to watch it as I live in Florida. TD, STAT, Walker, Felton were all awesome. Randolph, Moz and Gallo had good moments. Chandler was more ghostly then i had thought. Turiaf was what i expected and actually plays good D' and is a great cheerleader. Great game especially when the Nets made a comeback late in the game

jimkcchief88

All Star
Liking the defense so far, better than most of the pre season.

I'm starting to think I'd like to see Felton and Douglas both out there at times. I think the two of them could turn defense into some quick offence.

Knicks had a 12-1 run on at one stage when the 3 ball started to drop, down by 2 at the end of the 1st.

-EDIT-

Also, how awesome is Clyde Frazier's commentating. He's a classic.

Yeah kinda reminded me of the old Charlie Ward/Greg Anthony days. Farmer single-handedly brought the Nets back, but Douglas had 5-6 steals and Felton had double-digit assists. Now its not time to throw a party because all this was against the Nets, but it was fun to watch. It was also nice to see Gallo on the BENCH in the 4th.

tiger0330

Legend
Special thanks to a forum member for helping me watch the game. It was awesome to be able to watch it as I live in Florida. TD, STAT, Walker, Felton were all awesome. Randolph, Moz and Gallo had good moments. Chandler was more ghostly then i had thought. Turiaf was what i expected and actually plays good D' and is a great cheerleader. Great game especially when the Nets made a comeback late in the game
Bookmark this link also. atdhe.net is my choice but sometimes this will be working and atdhe.net won't be. Channelsurfing has more chat boxes and popup ads but they offer similar content.

Have to take care of a homeboy from Yonkers.

http://channelsurfing.net/