Ewing Jr. Waived, Shawne Williams to make final roster.

Paul1355

All Star
Williams has more NBA experience and is better on offense with his outside shot but Ewing brings more hustle, energy, rebounding, and defense plus its a good PR move....idk i wanted Ewing here.

Paul1355

All Star
And Rautins is still in?

2nd round picks singed their contracts for one year a while ago.
Ewing Jr. and Williams weren't on a guaranteed contract....

what pisses me off is that Ewing Jr. busted his ass to be on this team and Eddy Curry, who has done nothing, is taking up the roster spot that is preventing Ewing from being on this team....i hate Curry even more now and I feel sorry for PEJ...I hope a team finds him...he is NBA material.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Horrible PR move!!!!

Plus Williams plays the same position that we have like 3 or 4 better players playing in front of him at.

Plus Ewing is a hustle rebounder like someone said and we aint got too many of those

elcol

Rotation player
this really sucks in a depressing way...PEJ deserved a spot, throw away rautins take PEJ, i wish..

Blas

Benchwarmer
Curry is still here with the hope of getting Melo. That is the only reason I could think of as to why we didn't buy him out.

Williams is a better player then PEJ by far. Players do not care about PR moves. Matter in fact it has the opposite effect with players then with fans.

We have seen what we are getting with PEJ not the case of Rautins. Kid could be a bust or a gem we won't know until years to come. Fans are already crucifying him before he has even played his first season game.

KBlack25

Starter
Sad to see Ewing Jr. go...he has the heart and intensity of an NBA guy, hopefully he can latch on somewhere. Best wishes.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
Unbelievable. Bad thing to happen before the season starts.

PEJ>Rautins. It's not even a contest.

So the 15th man (if his last name was anything other than Ewing you wouldnt even care)
on the roster being cut is a bad thing?

Get ready to be disappointed this season in a big way pal

petescud

Starter
I've never seen him play, so i won't go there. Sad though that he is gone. I hear he has a decent outside shot (even 3's ????) and is a hustle guy (kinda ala Oakley)

hope this doesn't bite us in the butt

Maybe Melo is coming sooner then later

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Ewing, Jr.

Let us assume that we gut the team in a trade for Melo and give up the usual suspects. Isn't Shawne Williams a more likely replacement for the traded pieces? I believe this is petescud's point

Toons

is the Bo$$
who the hell is pej? what has he done other than have a hof father? if you cant make the cut, you probably suck. we will try him out again next year

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I know basketball, and this guy really has what it takes to be a 14 ppg, 6 reb, 3 apg small forward. Unfortunately, D'Antoni wouldn't play him for anything. It was frustrating to see guys, with guaranteed spots and even starting roles, continue to get minutes over Ewing, Jr., even during blowouts.

Hopefully, a GM with brains will see the skill that the Knicks are passing up, by waiving Ewing. If not, at 26, it's time to head to Europe, where there's money and minutes for a player of this caliber.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Yeah, we care because of who is father is, but he did more in the last few minutes of the pre-season than Mason in the entire pre-season at least offensively.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I know basketball, and this guy really has what it takes to be a 14 ppg, 6 reb, 3 apg small forward. Unfortunately, D'Antoni wouldn't play him for anything. It was frustrating to see guys, with guaranteed spots and even starting roles, continue to get minutes over Ewing, Jr., even during blowouts.

Hopefully, a GM with brains will see the skill that the Knicks are passing up, by waiving Ewing. If not, at 26, it's time to head to Europe, where there's money and minutes for a player of this caliber.

quit with the ewing shit. He got beat out by sean frickin willimas....PEJ is not NBA Material.

14, 6 n 3? LMAOOOOO HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA C'MON SON, GETTHE****OUTTAHEREWITHTHATBULLSHIT

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Yeah, we care because of who is father is, but he did more in the last few minutes of the pre-season than Mason in the entire pre-season at least offensively.

Exactly, and that was the only time he actually got some real time on the floor. He had an and-one, a layup, a jumper, an assist to a three-point shooter, all in a matter of two or three minutes.

It's reminiscent of his first Knick pre-season, when he went off on the Nets in the fourth quarter of our last preseason game. Just like then, D'Antoni refused to play him up until then. Just like then, critics tried to say he wasn't signed because he sucked, in spite of his not being given a real opportunity.

I also agree with you in regard to Mason. Let me add Rautins and Williams to that list.

As I said, hopefully another team sees what we have seen in Jr's game and gives him an opportunity to play.