Game 1: NYK@TOR 10/27 7:00

Kiyaman

Legend
Landry Fields is playing like a veteran of this game.
I thought that fall on his back in the 2nd quarter wouldve took
Fields out the game.
:thumbsup:
Felton is playing real decent
Chandler is scoring (need to pass more)
Amare is beating up everybody (teammates and all) to score
Douglas is Douglas
Gallo still hanging out by the 3-ball line
Walker & Mason is in another world
Mozgov is benching it
Turiaf is wondering why the coach didnt call a timeout after his nasty fall

Raptors down by 5 with 1 min left
:gony:

LeFlume

All Star
We just can't close games. We're is Mariano RIvera when you need him. What kind of possession was that???

and now FOUL. Don't let them shot for three...FOUL FOUL FOUL

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
YESSSSSSSS:beer: I'm glad we got this win the first game of the year for this group. Now they have a taste of victory. Amare was a beast!! Chandler was a beast. Felton finished good tonight. Fields finished at the rim on most plays and nailed some BIG rookie shots. Hes gonna be SOLID.6'7 love it!!!! Toney Douglas played good. Gallo has got to step it up, he has me smdh. Coach D'antoni did a good job of getting us up to play!!! The bench was good, the blocks were there. The impact points like somebody stated earlier about AMARE are huge. WHEN the lights are brightest this dude performs.

Turiff had some blocks, Walker played like shttt!!! Mozgov needs to learn and I predict he will sometime, when is the question???? MASON WHO???

I'M HAPPY THEY WON :gony:

tiger0330

Legend
It was a win against a bad team. Mozgov came back to earth, he found out playing against roster hopefuls in the preseason ain't exactly like show time. Maybe Stat goes to the 5 and Wilson to the 4, Wilson beasted it tonight, Landry played well enough along with TD, Gallo and Felton were OK.

Happy for the W but Toronto sux.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Can't believe how much we've struggled in the fourth, still not sorry for staying up late until almost 5am, let's keep these wins coming!

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
So I know our offense was executer poorly.
And I know we barely scrapped out a win.
And I also know that a lot of these plays were embarassing.

But we got the win, and you know what sticks out to me?

We gave the ball to Amare in the 4th and for the most part he capitalized.

AND
The raptors shot 38%...And we had TEN Blocks.

petescud

Starter
I was proud off the guys tonight. They haven't played a ton together yet, and played well for a first game together...Chandler was a beast tonight. Amare finished well in the 4th...Lets build off this win

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Felton is utter garbage.

Was this the same guy who was the starting pg of a playoff team?

It must have been a different player.

He makes Chris Duhon look like John Stockton.

Can we please package him in a trade?

WTF?!!! Were you watching something different? Please explain... I was thinking how refreshing it was to have someone better than Duhon. If he makes Duhon look like Stockton you make my former jv coach look like Phil Jackson

clumsy

Rotation player
Word Felton is as fast as they say he is.....he seems to only use his speed occasionally however....he plays pretty controlled.

Honestly the passing was pretty good....people were open all night, we were just missing open shot after open shot.....People for some reason didn't wanna drive

KBlack25

Starter
This win might be scary but let's break it down:

6 guys in double figures, that means the ball is moving.

No Anthony Randolph, who figured to be a key cog...I want to see this rotation with AR in it.

Mozgov needs to learn the NBA game still...but he can learn to change shots at least.

Come the end of the season, everyone on this board will love Turiaf's heart.

Fields looks good, Chandler even better. I like Chandler off the bench as a change of pace to Gallo, can really screw up the other team's defensive rotations.

We came into another team's home opener and we beat them...by any count, as bad as the Raptors will be this season, to beat a team in their home opener is a good win, I don't care who they are.

STAT is what we want him to be, and Douglas/Felton backcourt is gonna cause teams fits, we have two solid PGs.

Not saying, just saying: Manu was a second round pick, outright won an SG job in San Antonio and the rest is history. Not saying Fields is Manu...but it's not impractical.

WE HAVE TO RUN ON THE BOSTON CELTICS ON FRIDAY!!!! WE WILL NOT BEAT THEM WITH HALF COURT SETS! They are a beatable team, Cavs took them down tonight...but let's run and get their creaky knees moving and bending.\

1-0...let's get to 2-0. One game at a time.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
This win might be scary but let's break it down:

6 guys in double figures, that means the ball is moving.

No Anthony Randolph, who figured to be a key cog...I want to see this rotation with AR in it.

Mozgov needs to learn the NBA game still...but he can learn to change shots at least.

Come the end of the season, everyone on this board will love Turiaf's heart.

Fields looks good, Chandler even better. I like Chandler off the bench as a change of pace to Gallo, can really screw up the other team's defensive rotations.

We came into another team's home opener and we beat them...by any count, as bad as the Raptors will be this season, to beat a team in their home opener is a good win, I don't care who they are.

STAT is what we want him to be, and Douglas/Felton backcourt is gonna cause teams fits, we have two solid PGs.

Not saying, just saying: Manu was a second round pick, outright won an SG job in San Antonio and the rest is history. Not saying Fields is Manu...but it's not impractical.

WE HAVE TO RUN ON THE BOSTON CELTICS ON FRIDAY!!!! WE WILL NOT BEAT THEM WITH HALF COURT SETS! They are a beatable team, Cavs took them down tonight...but let's run and get their creaky knees moving and bending.\

1-0...let's get to 2-0. One game at a time.

Nicely said. Couldn't say it any better myself. The Knicks had there ups and downs in the game, but ultimately kept their composure and pulled off a win. This is what matters, and a year ago it would have been a lose.

Knicks are building team chemistry and showing improvements.

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
felton

felton looked great!!! drove, dished and scored. We have a point guard, great. Amar'e. Mozgov got into foul trouble, his upside and intimidation looks encouraging. Gallo even posted up and drove once or twice under control, cool:).