Game 1: NYK@TOR 10/27 7:00

jpz17

Starter
Side Note::::::SCREW LEBRON
----------------------

Guess what folks? I think it might be time for.........

KNICKS BASKETBALL!!!!!

tipoff.png

2010-2011 NBA SEASON

jpzthread.png

New York Knicks (0-0)
Knicks_Logo.gif

vs
Toronto Raptors (0-0)
200px-Toronto_Raptors.svg.png

Wednesday, October 27 2008
American-Airlines-Arena-Photograph-C12231981.jpeg
Note: first game last year was October 28th!

INJURY REPORT
Timofey Mozgov Questionable
Kelenna Azubuike Out
Eddy Curry Out
Anthony Randolph Out

THIS DATE IN KNICKS HISTORY
October 27, 1984: Knicks open the 1984-85 season with a 137-118 win versus Detroit at Madison Square Garden. The 137 points are the most in franchise history on opening night. Bernard King scores 34 points to lead the way.

SERIES HISTORY
All-Time 2009-10
Overall Record 28-29 0-4
Home Record 18-11 0-2
MSG IV Record 18-11 0-2
Road Record 10-18 0-4
Air Canada Centre Record 4-18 0-2
Neutral Record 0-0 0-0

Did you know??
  • Mike D’Antoni was hired as the Phoenix Suns head coach on Dec. 10, 2003 by then President/General Manager Bryan Colangelo, who currently holds the same position with the Raptors
  • Herb Williams played one game for Toronto in the 1995-96 season following a trade from the Knicks
  • Knicks guard Toney Douglas played with Raptors rookie center Solomon Alabi for one season at Florida State University (2008-2009)
  • Andy Rautins father Leo is a TV analyst for the Raptors and went to training camp with the Knicks in 1987. Leo coached Andy for Team Canada at the 2010 World Basketball Championships in Istanbul, Turkey
Hello everybody! Welcome to the Jpz17 Knicks pregame show!!!! This is the first game of the season, are you fired up? Also, a side note make sure you vote next Tuesday..

The Knicks play the Toronto Raptors in the ugly northern city of Toronto
newinterior.jpg

Jpz17 Knicks Off-Season Recap!

da5db8c23c6145c6aff5e5813160ac4c.jpg

Arrival of: Timofey Mozgav

c93d2210ab7244d29bbd8e1289b191b5.jpg

Arrival of: Anthony Randolph

fd89d40d529c48bab99e4b4caa832a79.jpg

Arrival of: Ray Felton

c3e539e736be40f0af3fd890e5c955a4.jpg

ARRIVAL OF: AMARE STOUDEMIRE!!!!!

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZBloYBrDl2U?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/flxK0iPce28?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

OFFICIAL JPZ PREDICTION

Knicks- 115
NewYork.png

Raptors- 103
Toronto.png

t_mobile_fave5_logo_180.jpg

presents

JPZ17's
Barkley_s_fave_five_Saul_Salazar_444x500.JPG

FAVE 5 KEYS TO WINNING
  1. Get Amare the ball.... what else?
  2. Toney D baby... The man is a stud
  3. Take advantage of Toronto's euro-ball.. Mike D knows how to beat Euro-ball.. show it
  4. Get pumped baby. Half the roster is playing their first Knicks game ever. The whole city is watching, don't fail boy!
  5. Just win.. I dunno.
ESPN PREVIEW

The Toronto Raptors are wondering how they're going to replace an All-Star big man who was the face of their franchise. The New York Knicks are curious how much better they're going to be with one.
Shut out in its attempt to lure one of the NBA's free agent megastars, New York still feels like it emerged a winner by adding Amare Stoudemire, who makes his Knicks debut Wednesday night at the Air Canada Centre against a Raptors team that could be facing a long rebuilding process after the departure of Chris Bosh.
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Bosh all turned down the chance to play in New York in order to unite in Miami, but that didn't stop the Knicks (29-53) from making a sizable splash in free agency.
Stoudemire agreed to leave Phoenix for a five-year, $100 million deal in New York, instantly becoming the best player to wear a Knicks uniform in years.
For a franchise that hasn't made the postseason since 2004 and hasn't won a playoff game since 2001, adding one of the NBA's premier offensive big men has led to something that's been hard to find at Madison Square Garden lately -- optimism.
"The fans are ready just as well as we are," Stoudemire said. "Again, we're working hard on the basketball court to really give them what they're looking for."
Perhaps the biggest hook for Stoudemire -- aside from a max contract -- was the up-tempo system of Mike D'Antoni, who coached the five-time All-Star for four full seasons in Phoenix. Stoudemire averaged 23.6 points and 9.2 rebounds under D'Antoni from 2004-05 to 2007-08.
D'Antoni is counting on similar production for a team that renounced the rights to its two leading scorers -- David Lee and Al Harrington -- to free up salary cap space.
Of course, after two seasons with 61 total wins since D'Antoni arrived, the Knicks were willing to do whatever it took for a chance to land a big name.
"You never know if you went another way what would have happened or will we ever know," D'Antoni said. "But we had to set ourselves up to try to get one or two or three of the big free agents last summer and we came away with a good one, so it wasn't 100 percent but it worked out pretty good.
"It was a tough two years, that's behind us now. And everything now will be to develop guys, keep good pieces and try to add to the team."
Many have speculated one of those pieces will eventually be Carmelo Anthony, the Brooklyn-born forward who apparently wants to be traded from Denver ahead of his pending free agency.
For now, though, Stoudemire is left to lead a team that shouldn't have any trouble getting up the floor. The Knicks dealt Lee to Golden State for athletic big man Anthony Randolph, and used part of the cap space they had left over to sign point guard Raymond Felton.
Felton will start in the backcourt, and Stoudemire will join sharpshooting Danilo Gallinari and Russian rookie Timofey Mozgov up front, but the other starter isn't set in stone. Either Toney Douglas or rookie Landry Fields will start alongside Felton, with the versatile Wilson Chandler settling into the role of sixth man.
Perhaps no franchise is in flux quite like Toronto (40-42), which failed to make the playoffs after going 8-14 down the stretch.
That, of course, is the least of the Raptors' problems. Bosh joined James and Wade in Miami, leaving Toronto with nothing but a large trade exception for its all-time leading scorer and rebounder.
Five days later, the Raptors shipped Hedo Turkoglu -- whom they signed to a five-year, $53 million deal in 2009 -- to Phoenix in a deal that netted speedy guard Leandro Barbosa.
Between Bosh and Turkoglu, that's 35.3 points and 15.4 rebounds per game left to replace.
"We are going to make sure we ride the hot hands, get everyone a lot of touches and recognize some nights it's going to be one guy and another night it's going to be a whole host of players," coach Jay Triano told the Raptors' official website.
Perimeter-oriented big man Andrea Bargnani (17.2 points per game) is the leading returning scorer, while rookie forward Ed Davis will eventually be counted on to take Bosh's place. Davis, however, is out for at least three more weeks after tearing the meniscus in his right knee in a pickup game Sept. 15.
In the meantime, it'll be up to Amir Johnson and Reggie Evans to fill in at power forward, while Linas Kleiza could replace Turkoglu.
That means the Raptors will be relying on plenty of scoring from a backcourt of Jarrett Jack, Barbosa, Jose Calderon and DeMar DeRozan.
Jack and DeRozan are the likely starters, and DeRozan's progress could be critical. He started 65 games as a rookie last season and averaged 8.6 points, but he'll likely need to increase that for Toronto to compete.
"I think he's got a lot more experience being on the floor in crucial times," Triano said. "I think that's going to be something that benefits him not only this year but throughout his career."
DeRozan averaged 17.7 points against the Knicks last season, playing in three of the four wins in Toronto's season sweep. He had a career-high 24 in a 131-113 victory April 14.
RAPTORS

PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C
2806.jpg
3978.jpg
2770.jpg
2769.jpg
2987.jpg

CALDERON---DEROZAN---KLEIZA---JOHNSON---BARGNANI

KNICKS
PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C
2753.jpg
0000.jpg
3428.jpg
1727.jpg
0000.jpg

FELTON---FIELDS---GALLINARI---STOUDEMIRE---MOZGOV

KEY MATCHUP
Gallinari vs Kleiza

Europe guy vs Europe guy.. It'll be interesting to see Kleiza play because he spent last year in Europe. We all know Amare will score, but Gallo is going to be the key this season. It looks like our number two scorer is Gallo, and we need him to be more consistent that last season. Gallo is very comparable to Kleiza, because Kleiza can pull up the 3 ball too. Also, both players are very inconsistent.

JPZ17's Player Pressure
Which Knicks is under the most pressure to succeed????
color-fog-lights.jpg

The answer: Duhhhh... Who else?

2f092ee76d7e4493b6ba8296d52fd513.jpg

Thanks for joining me
for knicksonline I'm JPZ17
Stay classy New York

075a1e895513463fb3869590849475ed.jpg

fc4f27a11ae74d0691795980b565eac7.jpg

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wk5bAZnlPGE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

And....LeBron sucks
Let's go destroy some Canadians/Europeans!
LeBron Sucks.....
Go New York Knicksssss!
jpzthread.png

Last edited:

LeFlume

All Star
Nice JP but check out your prediction, It would be nice to beat Heat but lets take Raptors first. :agreed:

Pricey

Rotation player
So pumped to check this game out online tomorrow.
We should be able to get a win here.

Exciting times ahead for Knick fans

Paul1355

All Star
great thread and love the start of it...Screw Lebron time for Knicks Basketball

I liked the side notes of Herb Williams playing with Tor etc

We should win this game and since Amare tore up pre season while never playing really more than 25 min a game, i expect him to prob have the highest scoring season he has ever had.

Amare should destroy Reggie Evans and Bargnani wont be able to provide help defense with the big russian waiting for a easy pass.

All up to Gallo and I think Fields will do fine against Derozen...Derozen is more athletic and skilled where Fields is smarter and crafty so I give the edge to Fields.

Knicks4Life_1985

&#9733;The Floor General&#9733;
Nice thread sir, I can't wait to see Amare dog these little kids downlow. This is going to be a great year to watch as we move forward from the muck we have been stuck in.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Awesome game thread!!! Free league pass so I'll be posted up watching the game. Like the "key" match-up but lemme tell ya, the Knicks will win, but Linus is gonna rip Gallo a new one. Gleiza is what we shoulda gotten when we drafted Gallo: all-court game, tough down low, polished outside shooter, runs the floor well and can finish.

cathaytrader

Benchwarmer
Damn those clips show just how damn good Nash is. C'mon Felton, feed Amare the rock properly so that we can see some of those monster dunks from him in a Knicks uniform.

Knicks4Life_1985

&#9733;The Floor General&#9733;
Damn those clips show just how damn good Nash is. C'mon Felton, feed Amare the rock properly so that we can see some of those monster dunks from him in a Knicks uniform.

Dont worry coach has already put together a good lineup on paper that will allso Gallo and Stat to take care of business as well as Felton. Felton will have lots of chances in open court

I can't wait to get home from work to start my year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gony::gony::gony:

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I get MSG from my provider here in the south so I'm pretty happy I will be able to watch the game. Fields starting is a good thing. He hopefully won't make too many mistakes and will play to his strengths. That is all you can ask of a rookie. Amare and Felton need to take the game by the scarf of the neck early tonight and establish a good combo.

If that happens then the other guys will have pressure taken off and hopefully make some shots.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Living in England means I can`t watch the game live evn though I have the league pass, it tips off in at midnight here. But, I have taken tomorrow off work so I can get up early and watch the replay on my league pass.

That`s how excited I am, screw work, the Knicks are more important. I just hope that MozGod does play as I think he`s going to be a monster for us now and in the future.

I wish I lived in the states, England has virtually no basketball to speak of.