Official 2010 Yankees offseason thread

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Anything Yankee-related goes here until the season starts.

Alright, so we had a great year, obviously did not get the result we wanted but still nothing to be ashamed off- here's out current roster.

FA's
Derek Jeter- We need him and he needs us, but an obvious decline equals a big question mark on the price tag. He can't bat leadoff in the order anymore, so what will we do?

Mariano Rivera- He's got at least 2 years left and he is the GOAT closer, keep him.

Andy Pettitte- I have a feeling he will be back soon. I think he's got 2 more years left in the tank, he was having a career year before the injury. This if course depends on if he wants to retire of not.

Javier Vazquez- Bye bye.

Kerry Wood- A terrific pickup at the end of the year. If he wants to stay I am for it, but I feel he will want to be a closer and not a setup man.

Marcus Thames- His walkoff against Papelbitch earlier this year really made me like this guy. He could platoon with Posada as a DH, and he absolutely kills lefties. Before September he had a .300 BA and won a series against the whitesox pretty much by himself. Keep.

Big Free Agents the Yankees (or fans at least) are looking at

Carl Crawford and Jayson Werth- I l ike our outfield the way it is. Crawford may have a high BA but he barely draws walks for a leadoff guy and strikes out a lot. Werth has Boras as his agent and will be demanding A LOT of $$. I am content with Gardner going forward. Swisher I will keep, and Grandy's bat was beginning to come to life at the end of the year last season, and his Defense has always been good..

Cliff Lee- Ahh the big fish. He is going to want around a 6 year deal, and wants to stay with the Rangers. keep in mind he is 32 years old. I will pay him 20 mil plus per year if I was Cashman, but definitely not 6 years. 4 seems a lot more like it.

Paul1355

All Star
Anything Yankee-related goes here until the season starts.

Alright, so we had a great year, obviously did not get the result we wanted but still nothing to be ashamed off- here's out current roster.

FA's
Derek Jeter- We need him and he needs us, but an obvious decline equals a big question mark on the price tag. He can't bat leadoff in the order anymore, so what will we do?

Mariano Rivera- He's got at least 2 years left and he is the GOAT closer, keep him.

Andy Pettitte- I have a feeling he will be back soon. I think he's got 2 more years left in the tank, he was having a career year before the injury. This if course depends on if he wants to retire of not.

Javier Vazquez- Bye bye.

Kerry Wood- A terrific pickup at the end of the year. If he wants to stay I am for it, but I feel he will want to be a closer and not a setup man.

Marcus Thames- His walkoff against Papelbitch earlier this year really made me like this guy. He could platoon with Posada as a DH, and he absolutely kills lefties. Before September he had a .300 BA and won a series against the whitesox pretty much by himself. Keep.

Big Free Agents the Yankees (or fans at least) are looking at

Carl Crawford and Jayson Werth- I l ike our outfield the way it is. Crawford may have a high BA but he barely draws walks for a leadoff guy and strikes out a lot. Werth has Boras as his agent and will be demanding A LOT of $$. I am content with Gardner going forward. Swisher I will keep, and Grandy's bat was beginning to come to life at the end of the year last season, and his Defense has always been good..

Cliff Lee- Ahh the big fish. He is going to want around a 6 year deal, and wants to stay with the Rangers. keep in mind he is 32 years old. I will pay him 20 mil plus per year if I was Cashman, but definitely not 6 years. 4 seems a lot more like it.

I agree with everything but I hope we can keep Wood as the setup man even though Robertson might take that spot permanetly.

Mo is worth a good 12 mil per year....Jeter is NOT worth 20 million and if he wants that he can go screw cuz no team will give him a huge contract since he is falling downhill faster than humpdy dumpdy.

Posada has to be our DH next year with Cervelli and Montero getting the minutes behind the dish, mainly Montero, this kid can hit.

Once Posada leaves in about a year or two, we can make A Rod the official DH and move Jeter to third base.

I like the backups of Cervelli, Montero, Nunez

Our targets are obviously Cliff Lee and I am more for Carl Crawford than Werth since Crawford brings contact and super speed to the table were Werth is like every player on this Yankees team....an inconsistent power hitter....we lost in the playoffs because we have too many power hitters...we need contact hitters that cause havoc on the bases...

Get Crawford put him in LF....Gardner goes in CF...Swish in RF and trade Granderson for a young pitcher or anyone to establish a 5h spot in case Pettite leaves or a 6th option to start in case he stays.

LeFlume

All Star
Jeter have 1 more season left in him at SS and then we have to figure out where to play him. Could he be a 1st baseman? Alex att SS and Tex at third? Move Cano over to SS and Jets at second? We need to bring him back at all cost. Jeter is one the greatest Yanks of all time and he will make the franchise lots of money long after he is dead. Just like The Babe. Lou Gehrig, JoeDIMaggio and Mickey Mantle. You can pay Jeter 40M a year and at the end of the day that is PROFIT for the Yankees.

LeFlume

All Star
Cliff Lee doesn't wanna come to New York because Yankee fans was spitting at his wife during ALCS at the stadium. Heard that on the herd with Colin Cowerd on ESPN Radio this morning. Don't know it it's any truth behind it tho...

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Yankees bullpen was weak. Alfredo Aceves and Demaso Marte for a lefty were huge loses in the bullpen. A-Rod is just one player and he wasn't the reason the Yankees lost, it was Girardi's and bullpen's fault. Girardi's decision making with the pitchers and bullpen were poor.

AJ Burnett and Derek Jeter had a bad season. I'm a huge Yankee fan but Texas was just the better team. Yankees didn't end the season strong, so it was a surprise they made past the first round.

Next Year will be better. Every player has their bad season and it just something to work on. Cliff Lee would be an awesome pickup and maybe need some help in the bullpen. Wood is a keeper, and Chamberlain needs help. Carl Crawford will cost too much, the outfield is fine.

If the Yankees go for an outfielder it should be David Dejesus, and wait another year and pick up either Grady Sizemore or Carlos Beltran in 2012 when Swisher contract expires.