NYK VS Boston SmellDicks.

petescud

Starter
As bad as some of the guys played, i thought this game was a moral victory. We never gave up and I like that. Rondo had 24 assist (what loser is guarding him) and Gallo looks like he should be joining Randolph on the DL if he's aching. Fields looks rurally impressive for a rook, and Amare showed a lot of heart tonight. Chandler is definitely looking like the 2nd best player we have...here's my new favs so far this season:
Amare
Chandler
Fields
Douglas
team defense (Gov,Turiaf,Amare (yes, he's giving it lately), Douglas and Chandler

Something is going on in Gallo's head. It's all mental right now. He's forcing it.

The whole team shot 9-27 from 3. That is flat out awful. We still need shooters.

And we were heavily outrebounded. If we get 5 more rebounds and shoot 40% from 3, we win that game easily.

As much as everyone hates Gallo, we need him. We need him to snap out of it to win games. It's crucial.
Dude this post is full of Win.

Even i found myself cursing at Gallo tonight but something is deeper then this. He is having some serious mental distractions right now. I mean he played so bad that D'Antoni didnt even put him in in the 4q or most of the 3q.

Gallo needs to step it up. if he has a performance like the past two games at the home opener, The Garden will eat him whole, and the Media will utterly destroy him.

Its time for him to put up, or be Destroyed. Its all or nothing for the Cock.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
No more excuses, Knicks fans being "Cock-teased"

u sure it aint his back :teeth:

As much as it annoys me Kiya was spot on with his assessment of Gallo and Chandler. While I was certainly not a cock worshiper like some on here.. I felt I needed to defend him. But there are no more excuses that can be made. Its his third year and he has made no tangible physical or mental progress Gallo meet Channing Frye the guy you will be compared to. While you are gifted with height and draw comparisons to Dirk Nowitzki you do not take advantage of it (see Dirk's posting, rebounding, finishing around the rim) instead you will be a poor man's turkoglu another career that Steve Nash will have to save.

Instead of crying about how you love New York and you do not want to be traded hows about you actually do something besides tank your value in a potential trade. Hows about playing some defense, getting some rebounds and getting mentally into the game (see Fields and Chandler) rather than worrying about making your Godfather look like an idiot for starting you night in and night out and taking more deserving players like Chandler out of the lineup.

I want this kid to do well. You figure if he plays good enough the Knicks can hold on to him and sign Melo in the offseason and have Gallo stick around. But the way hes playing now hes putting D'antoni in an awkward position considering trading away his God Son from New York to play in Denver would be really difficult on a personal level. As is, if D'antoni wants to keep his job he will have to bite the bullet and trade away Gallo, Randolph AND Chandler to get a deal done as this team will not make the playoffs without some help for Amar'e.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Keep Chandler, he's putting it together and finally figured it out he's a great player with tons of upside not saying he's a superstar but could squeak onto a allstar team someday he's only 23 or so could still get better, keep him he's a valuable piece to this team. Fields is pretty damn good, definitely a steal and many people will be wondering how their teams passed him up ( a la Ginobli ).

Amar'e is the best PF in the L yea i said it he's beast were gonna be a playoff team.

Gallo i could care less about package him and lets get melo :cool:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Mozgov has ONE foul all game, was effective in the first, blocked shots, got boards, trailed a play nicely, outran Boston's entire front court and D'ant puts him on the shelf for the rest of the game!?

Why!?

We looked best in the first with The Wizard of Moz setting picks and disrupting the basket. I thought he was great in his minutes given.

That was a shit decision, and part of the reason we were so heinously out rebounded.

Please, not another year of substitutions or bench hating from Mike.

Gallo was horrific. What was that first play? A running flip shot from the key that didn't even hit the square on the backboard. WTF!???

I saw a poster say his wrist is troubling him and making him ineffective. Does a wrist injury make your footwork and awareness on defence pathetic?

NO! It ****ing doesn't!

Good players find a way to be effective outside of their go to game when injured.

We need Gallo so badly, and he's been stinking up the starting 5.

2 games in, give him 8 more to bring his game, or bench him up next to Rautins.

That game was a giveaway.

I am livid.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
broken cock..

Gallo looked like shat. No doubt about it. It looks like his wrist is affecting his shot. I'm trying to be patient w him but his ineffectiveness is frustrating because we really need him against the better teams. I still think he'll come around tho.

Chandler on the other hand is getting better w every game. Right now he looks better than Gallo and just about everybody on our team not named STAT. I really like what I'm seeing from him.

I think Felton really has a good grasp on what he needs to do in this O. He can do more tho and we need him to. He needs to score more if Gallo's not going to bring it.

Overall, i'm obviously disappointed w the loss, but it's the Celts. We're also not where we want to be yet cohesively and health-wise. I'm gonna stay patient.

CoolClyde

Outrebounded, Outhustled

we got outrebounded, outhustled. Pegleg Garnot is a Knick-killer, clutch shooting. Pierced face is a Knick-killer, clutch shooting and excellent rebounding. Big F*cking Baby is a Knick-killer, outhustling whole team.
RayJohnRondo is a Knick-killer 24 dimes? triple double? gahhh!

it's tough to win when you're giving a class team 2nd chances
over and over. outrebounded 54-38... pitiful.

negatives:
Team rebounding sucks.
what happened to Moscow? he simply disappeared after 1st quarter.
Gallipoli? another lost game. time for the bench/doghouse? but, Noooo, not for THE GODSON!
Bill Walker... all too brief appearance. he barely shows up. he's athletic enough to be a go-to guy, but is not aggressive enough... sadly. i think all that weight he lost at beginning of preseason is back... in his head.
Feltip had a mixed game. could not guard Roundo...

positives:
STUDmire is aggressive, clutch and will win us some games, but he needs help.
Laundry Folds continues to impress with smart play, on offense and defense.
he did NOT get some calls tonite. damn boston refs.

Knicks started great, but fell into the typical 3-point shooting dilemma, which is a trademark of 'Antoni-coached squad. just shoot and keep shooting in 7 seconds or less; you win some, you lose more, especially when the other team is hitting. stupid 'stache!

I'd rather see Knicks move the ball and play a half court game, looking for the open man; that's where STUD, Chandler, Walker, Folds will excel. Sure, we can do well in the open court in transition, but not when we're shooting our asses out of the game. pass the ball, hit the open man!! c'mon!!

Weedson Chandler is all-star in the making. He deserves back in starting rotation. you can't have your 2nd highest scorer being the 6th man... f*ck Gallipino. also, Tony Douglas needs consistent minutes to keep confidence up.

damn smelltics!

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Overall the game wasn't bad. Mozgov should of played a little more time. The Knicks lost simply because of missed free throws and bad calls and no calls from the referees. Next time the Knicks will win.

Paul1355

All Star
Knicks played hard and could have won this game if Gallo just made 2 out of his 6 bad shots and if we hit half of the nine free throws we missed....we should have won this game, but Boston is a tough team and they have the experience but I realy like what I am seeing from Amare, Fields, Felton, Turiaf, and Chandler...

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Limp Cock !!

I have always been a defender of Gallo on this board but my patience is aweraing thin with him now. Camping out on the three point line and bricking is becoming too tedious particularly when he is replaced by Wilson who then scores so well.

Also, why did MozGod get so few minutes, he was rebounding, blocking shots, changing shots defensively and generally having a good game then no D`Toni sits him down and we hardly saw him for the second half. Still, every minute that he gets under his belt is a bonus and adds to his experience.

I would bet that if he continues to get minutes then after the all star break we will really see MozGod improve and get better and better.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I would bet that if he continues to get minutes then after the all star break we will really see MozGod improve and get better and better.

The counter to that optimism is that we can't afford for him to improve by that stage. The race for 8th started in Toronto, and won't end until our 82nd game.

We need our Euro boys to lift as of yesterday.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
As much as I loved the way Chandler has played so far he needs to stay at the 6th man spot. He is really helping us out there with instant o and d.

Gallo better get his act together and stay off that 3 pt line. Sorry but never have been a huge fan..... Hey D, get your godson to get his act together!

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
i like the fact we look like a "team" out there again which is a huge change. gallo needs to go on the dark end of the bench if he is going to play like he's playing. as bad as his offense is its his lack of defense that is killing us. i hate to say this... but man looking ahead the way fields stat felton chandler look... add melo and bam we are contenders again!!!! we might have to take a few lumps this year but sign melo and another shooter for off the bench and we are going to be pretty tough to beat. go knicks

KBlack25

Starter
I'm shocked and stunned.

Did people here watch the game?

All I see is "Gallo is never going to be in the doghouse because he's the Godson" "D'Antoni favors Gallo".

NEWSFLASH: DANILO GALLINARI PLAYED IN ALL OF TWELVE MINUTES LAST NIGHT. ONLY ROGER MASON JR., OF THE GUYS THAT PLAYED, SAW LESS TIME.

I really don't see the issue. Gallo was struggling and he was removed from the game, did not see time down the stretch, did not see important minutes. Keeping him on the dark end of the bench does absolutely no good, with or without Gallinari we are not a championship contender. This is make or break this season for Gallinari, either he's going to be something or he's going to be nothing. It's ridiculously idiotic to end his season after two poor performances. Let the kid play, make or break, either way we aren't winning the finals this year.

When he struggled, Mike D'Antoni removed him from the game. Bitch all you want about favoritism and what goes on inside a locker room none of us has set foot in, but the facts are the facts, Gallo struggled, D'Antoni removed him. No favoritism.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I'm shocked and stunned.

Did people here watch the game?

All I see is "Gallo is never going to be in the doghouse because he's the Godson" "D'Antoni favors Gallo".

NEWSFLASH: DANILO GALLINARI PLAYED IN ALL OF TWELVE MINUTES LAST NIGHT. ONLY ROGER MASON JR., OF THE GUYS THAT PLAYED, SAW LESS TIME.

I really don't see the issue. Gallo was struggling and he was removed from the game, did not see time down the stretch, did not see important minutes. Keeping him on the dark end of the bench does absolutely no good, with or without Gallinari we are not a championship contender. This is make or break this season for Gallinari, either he's going to be something or he's going to be nothing. It's ridiculously idiotic to end his season after two poor performances. Let the kid play, make or break, either way we aren't winning the finals this year.

When he struggled, Mike D'Antoni removed him from the game. Bitch all you want about favoritism and what goes on inside a locker room none of us has set foot in, but the facts are the facts, Gallo struggled, D'Antoni removed him. No favoritism.

Thank you! Please folks do not crucify the guy after TWO games. If his poor play continues near the trade deadline that would be a problem, but 2 games? Give him a chance this season.