Fields A Lock In At 2.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
BOSTON ? This is no shooting-guard experiment. Mike D'Antoni foresees rookie Landry Fields spending the entire season as the starting shooting guard.

"All year,'' D'Antoni said when asked how long this could last. "I'd be surprised if he can't do it.''

Fields had a rock-solid NBA debut last night in Toronto, with 11 points, making 4-of-8 shots ? 3-of-6 from 3-point distance. The gritty ex-Stanford player also had four rebounds and tomorrow the second-round pick who wasn't on some NBA draft boards goes up against shooting guard legend Ray Allen at the new Boston Garden.

"The best part of his game is all the little stuff,? D?Antoni said. ?He'll do what the game plan is. It's the consistency of all the details of the game that makes him unique. Normally you look at inconsistency as a rookie but I don't see that. He didn't look nervous whatsoever.''
NY-AI723_SPRTS__G_20100714191715.jpg

Fields was a four-year player at Stanford and is 22. Still, without NBA experience, it's stunning that he looks more polished than Danilo Gallinari. In fact, Fields, the 39th pick in the draft, is playing so well he may play himself to Denver in a potential Carmelo Anthony deal.

Even after Fields' superb summer league, D'Antoni still didn't see him cracking the rotation.

"In the summer, I thought no way, but he keeps getting better,'' D'Antoni said.

Fields' emergence has allowed D'Antoni to have Wilson Chandler become the Sixth Man - a coaching decision that looks genius after one game. Chandler popped off the bench last night to score a team-high 22 in replacing foul-plagued Timofey Mozgov after three minutes. Chandler now is the early frontrunner for Sixth Man of the Year.

--

David Lee racked up 17 points and 15 rebounds in his Warriors debut - a win over the Rockets...The decision on the final roster spot between Shawne Williams and Patrick Ewing Jr. may not be as close as reported. Williams, who had another big practice today, impressed the coaching staff with his silky shooting and some players even went up to D'Antoni to lobby for the former first-round "bust'', presumably Amar'e Stoudemire. Stoudemire's agent is Happy Walters, who also represents Williams. D'Antoni has advised Ewing to head to Europe to make some money and work on his game with a chance to come back next year...Asked about Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov's quote that Stoudemire looked sad in his Brooklyn billboard like he wanted to play in that borough, the Knicks superstar snapped, "Not quite.''

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/antoni_fields_could_start_all_season_YJkT3ndMsxmiuiX4GyhvCI

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
Early yet, but Fields does look like a polished NBA player. Smart, tough, not caught out of position, and is fearless. He may prove to be a real find. I wish the guy the best.

So Mike D's plan is

Its 12pm on November 2nd......

Mike and donnie are sitting down
Phone is ringing
Donnie Answers

Donnie: Hello? Oh Hey Masai! Whas good in the hood?

Whispers to Mike
its the Nuggets GM!

Mike D fist pumps Donnie and is Excited, he says to Donnie

Donnie: Oh so Melo wants to leave huh? To bad for you guys! Oh he wants to come here? He says Knicks or bust? Well Sure we can work out a Deal!

mike looks worried

Donnie: well that seems reasonable but you gotta give San Antonio a 2nd rounder. Ok so we get Melo, you guys get Eddy Curry, Draft picks and Danilo Gallinari?

Mike signals for Donnie to put the phone down for a sec!

Mike: Try to sell them on Fields!

Donnie Resumes talking

Donnie: Well instead of Gallinari, who May i remind you has been slumping lately, We have a guy named Landry Fields. yes The Guy who looks Puerto Rican but is really a white boy. Yes the guy who we drafted in the 2nd round.....Yes That one.....You wan Anthony Randolph to? Alright its a deal! Be sure to give Eddy Curry 12 Big Macs, 8 Gorditas, and a Big Fish every day.....Plenty of Brisk Tea as well. Alright have a good one!

So in other words Mike's trying to up his trade value to avoid trading Gallo.

lol, exactly.

The level of unwarranted D'antoni hatred on this message board is actually comical.
i like Mike, but starting a 2nd round draft pick? Come on Mike! Especialy after the terrific job Will did on Wensday.

Also at LJ4ptplay

Just noticed you live in Colarado, whats the fealing about Melo demanding a trade down there?

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
i like Mike, but starting a 2nd round draft pick? Come on Mike! Especialy after the terrific job Will did on Wensday.

Also at LJ4ptplay

Just noticed you live in Colarado, whats the fealing about Melo demanding a trade down there?

Fields deserves to start. He was hitting his shots he took and that is more then I can say about Gallo. Also he was aggressive and almost posterized someone.

Fields looks comfortable and can handle the rock so I say why not. If he is open he seems to be able to make the shots he has to and that is a plus. Wilson seems to be proving he should be starting, but I think we should milk him off the bench because I think he is trying to prove something so we may get more positive production from him there.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Up here, not down. Lol. We live above 5,000 feet elevation.

Seriously though, some are begging him to stay, some are angry that he wants to leave and some think he's not as good as everybody else outside Colorado thinks he is. I think there is also a significant number of Nuggets fans living in denial and think he will eventually stay. Pretty mixed.

I don't mind Wilson coming off of the bench because I think he benefits more by watching the game for a bit before he enters. Fields can start (imo) because he is proving he wants to win but I think I would play him at the SF over Gallo and rotate him along with TG at the SG. Gallo is throwing off the teams rhythm by starting and being an inconsistant shooter. But, I was very surprised to see him in the 4th Q grabbing a couple of rebounds. Lets just see what he can do today. No more excuses for this guy, not when we have fresh meat already outplaying him...

Up here, not down. Lol. We live above 5,000 feet elevation.

Seriously though, some are begging him to stay, some are angry that he wants to leave and some think he's not as good as everybody else outside Colorado thinks he is. I think there is also a significant number of Nuggets fans living in denial and think he will eventually stay. Pretty mixed.
So its essentially Cleveland-LeBron all over again. Watch them make a we are the world Video like Cleveland did.

You know what they say, Those who dont know history are doomed to repeat it.

Paul1355

All Star
So Mike D's plan is

Its 12pm on November 2nd......

Mike and donnie are sitting down
Phone is ringing
Donnie Answers

Donnie: Hello? Oh Hey Masai! Whas good in the hood?

Whispers to Mike
its the Nuggets GM!

Mike D fist pumps Donnie and is Excited, he says to Donnie

Donnie: Oh so Melo wants to leave huh? To bad for you guys! Oh he wants to come here? He says Knicks or bust? Well Sure we can work out a Deal!

mike looks worried

Donnie: well that seems reasonable but you gotta give San Antonio a 2nd rounder. Ok so we get Melo, you guys get Eddy Curry, Draft picks and Danilo Gallinari?

Mike signals for Donnie to put the phone down for a sec!

Mike: Try to sell them on Fields!

Donnie Resumes talking

Donnie: Well instead of Gallinari, who May i remind you has been slumping lately, We have a guy named Landry Fields. yes The Guy who looks Puerto Rican but is really a white boy. Yes the guy who we drafted in the 2nd round.....Yes That one.....You wan Anthony Randolph to? Alright its a deal! Be sure to give Eddy Curry 12 Big Macs, 8 Gorditas, and a Big Fish every day.....Plenty of Brisk Tea as well. Alright have a good one!

So in other words Mike's trying to up his trade value to avoid trading Gallo.

I would keep Fields over Gallo, Fields has been the most impressive 2nd round rookie in a while...and Fields is very versatile and very smart where Gallo is just dumb with a good shot and has no confidence

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think Chandler might actually be better coming off the bench. I noticed he didn't draw any fouls tonight, though, makes me think he was just settling for jumpers again.

7 3 pointers...yeah, Chandler's pulling the usual. He's been making shots so you can't complain, but he still needs to work on not chucking 3's and instead driving to the basket more which makes better use of his strength and athleticism.

Fields had an OK night again as well. I think Walsh and D'Antoni are trying to play him and see if they can turn him into a good trading chip in a potential Carmelo trade...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

That, and Randolph should take Gallo's starting spot for 1st quarter D. Such a shame. We need a threat on the perimeter.

I really like Fields. He's the kind of hustle, scrappy guy that we haven't had in so long. I have high hopes for him, and hope we don't end up trading him.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I really like Fields. He's the kind of hustle, scrappy guy that we haven't had in so long. I have high hopes for him, and hope we don't end up trading him.

He also is pretty damn athletic. He can fly at times. He should not be traded at all. I would rather we got rid of Chandler(even though he is playing really well) and Gallo. Keep Landry and when we have a healthy Azi we look good.