Knicks V Blazers - Home Opener [10/30/2010]

GetRealistic

Starter
Theres no arguement here... Gallo has been absolutely awful but Wilson Chandler has played probably the three best consecutive games of his career coming off the bench, why mess with a good thing. He's still getting starter minutes so just leave him be... If Gallo continues to struggle the move may be to start a healthy Azubuike at shooting guard and slide Fields to the small forward.

quiggle

Starter
yeah someone tell Gallo it's no longer preseason back in hometown Italy anymore. the streak continues of garbage players wearing numbers of Knicks legends #3 Starks/Dennis Scott, #34 Oakley/McDyees/Curry, now #8 Sprewell/Gallinari.

Will the Trill has something to prove. By making him come off the bench and to still out perform the rest of the team is exposing the coach's flaws. He will still be just as great as a starter too...where he deserves and eaned the right to be. With that said, I didn't mind him coming off the bench a week a go, but he is much needed in his natural position...damn coach.

iSaYughh

Starter
Will the Trill has something to prove. By making him come off the bench and to still out perform the rest of the team is exposing the coach's flaws. He will still be just as great as a starter too...where he deserves and eaned the right to be. With that said, I didn't mind him coming off the bench a week a go, but he is much needed in his natural position...damn coach.

He's still getting his minutes and finishing games. And is red hot. Why mess his newfound dominance and progression so soon? At least let him ride this a bit longer, and truly boost and solidify Wilson's confidence and game.

Then when Gallo has further proved total ineptitude on the season, you can make the move and just let Gallo soil up the bench and give up on him.

iSaYughh

Starter
Chandler is prolly relishing this, too. Including him coming off the bench and taking the team and opposing teams by storm. He knows what he is doing, and that his money and respect is coming -- and a starting role -- if he keeps it up, as he has been doing in this precise way.

Thats the thing I don't understand. WHY WAIT?! You have to react on what is happening now. Coach is forcing his weaknesses and not playing the guys to their strenghs. If it wasn't for the fact that most of these players were already defensively good...it would be a whole lot worse. No more excuses...their useless.

iSaYughh

Starter
Thats the thing I don't understand. WHY WAIT?! You have to react on what is happening now. Coach is forcing his weaknesses and not playing the guys to their strenghs. If it wasn't for the fact that most of these players were already defensively good...it would be a whole lot worse. No more excuses...their useless.

Wait because it's just been 3 games. You agree Chandler is truly coming into his own? Let him do it a few more games. Chandler has never really performed like this. Many said he could do it, a lot saw his flashes of it, but he has never done this and had this look to him.

You have to draw a line somewhere. But 3 games is small enough where if you let Wilson do this for a week or two more, his confidence in his current game and ability will be a lot more solidified and true.

Plus, you give Gallo a last ditch chance to sort his shit out some and not risk totally ****ing his season away.

Gallo is getting traded. Walsh wants to trade him. He should and will be gone. Just gotta ride it out a bit more and try to get his value out of this rank BASEMENT level.

Wait because it's just been 3 games. You agree Chandler is truly coming into his own? Let him do it a few more games. Chandler has never really performed like this. Many said he could do it, a lot saw his flashes of it, but he has never done this and had this look to him.

You have to draw a line somewhere. But 3 games is small enough where if you let Wilson do this for a week or two more, his confidence in his current game and ability will be a lot more solidified and true.

Plus, you give Gallo a last ditch chance to sort his shit out some and not risk totally ****ing his season away.

Gallo is getting traded. Walsh wants to trade him. He should and will be gone. Just gotta ride it out a bit more and try to get his value out of this rank BASEMENT level.

Every year Chandlers been here he has been getting better. But, where did it get him...coming off of the bench. People talked about his heart but I saw it in his game, especially when he was hurt and worrying about being traded just like all of Zeke's other players. He still outplayed Gallo and others last year but coach did what this year? and you call this fair? better yet...a smart move? well his smart ass got us where we are at now and I'm sure his brillance will have us in even more awe in the games to come. Gallo will not get better, I said this plenty times. I wanted him traded before we got to this point. You see his game, his slowness, he's weak and has no ability to drive or handle the rock. Why do you keep insisting he will get better?

iSaYughh

Starter
Every year Chandlers been here he has been getting better. But, where did it get him...coming off of the bench. People talked about his heart but I saw it in his game, especially when he was hurt and worrying about being traded just like all of Zeke's other players. He still outplayed Gallo and others last year but coach did what this year? and you call this fair? better yet...a smart move? well his smart ass got us where we are at now and I'm sure his brillance will have us in even more awe in the games to come. Gallo will not get better, I said this plenty times. I wanted him traded before we got to this point. You see his game, his slowness, he's weak, his inability to drive or handle the rock. Why do you keep insisting he will get better?

I insist he can put on an air and facade of at least being better than what he has shown this season.

You might hate how favoritized he has been, how high he was drafted, and how he is tied to a coach you don't care for...but he isn't some total scrub. And he shouldn't be treated as one, especially when you want him TRADED above all else.

This doesn't mean he is a star or even starter. Just look at last season. That's what you want to sell to another team, and replicate as much or more as possible this season until he is traded asap, for Melo hopefully.

22yr old, 6'10 with range, 1 legit season under belt, and he went 15ppg, decent defensive numbers, unique range, yadda yadda yadda.

The last 2 seasons were throw aways, I've been to many of those games and some of them I couldn't even give away the tickets outside of the Garden. Bottom line is, the coach gave Gallo the green light on a weak uninspired team...don't let last year fool you. He's a tall inconsistant shooter, with no post game or handle. On top of that he's frail. I saw his game close up and was highly disappointed in the Knicks for letting this crap happen to us. I really can't say enough about this BS. I mean, truly.