Ok were 1-2 but look on the bright side...

smokes

Huge Member
If you look at the way the Knicks are playing right now, it's actually not too bad considering it's the start of the season, a new group gelling together etc.

The games we lost were reasonably close games. Stat isn't doing bad considering the pressure that's on him to perform. Once him and Felton settle into a good relationship I predict a more consistent 20-25ppg with 8 boards from Amare.

Our role players are playing fairly well, and Chandler has exceeded most peoples expectations (personally I've been saying he's gonna burst into a solid 20-5 guy for the last couple of seasons when he had a summer uninjured).

So really, the only piece of our puzzle missing right now is Gallinari. If he actually played not even to his potential but to the standard of last season (15-5) then we are gonna be in a winning position.

Looking forward to the rest of the season :)

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Agreed. I'm personally more excited about the fact that we've been averaging a TON of blocked shots...we were 2nd to last in the league in shotblocking last year and dead last the year before that, so it's interesting to see that we're 2nd in the league in blocked shots right now. I know it's only 3 games, but I don't think last year's team could've gotten 10 blocked shots in a game if they were playing against a high school team.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The offensive rebounds are awesome too.

STAT needs to post up, and work the pick and roll. He was pretty bad tonight, with some terrible TOs handling the ball. He had 4 fouls early on but still played 35 minutes. I was not impressed by Amar'e's head down game. We played best when the ball was moving.

cathaytrader

Benchwarmer
I like what the Knicks have shown so far too. The upcoming games are against Orlando, Chicago and Washington. Realistically we should be looking at 3-3 next week.

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont think any KO member expected the Knicks to beat Boston and Portland
or expect the Knicks to take both games down the wire to the last 2 minutes
of the game.
Especially when we played a "Man to Man" offense/defense in both games,
we showed no design plays on offense, our chemistry was individual, we
had a few completed pick n rolls, little comunication, and 7 players with
green light to shoot 3-balls, rather than work with their teammates to get
a closer shot.
We need one win over our next two teams to pick up morale to improve chemistry.
We have an unexpected hustling-star player in the making in Landry Fields.
Chandler could do alot better than what he is doing, he have to get a better
grip with his bench players.
Douglas played lost in both games with Felton holding the point for 37 mpg.
Felton shouldve worked out with his new-teammates over the summer.
Amare have to get use to playing 30 mpg in a halfcourt offense

milchshake

Benchwarmer
So really, the only piece of our puzzle missing right now is Gallinari. If he actually played not even to his potential but to the standard of last season (15-5) then we are gonna be in a winning position.

Looking forward to the rest of the season :)

Galoo wake up YOU COCKISH GEL HAIRED ASS LICKED PUSSY Aaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhh why he can't play 15 ppg like season ago ?
I think this is another puzzle - recovering right now and his name is KELENNA !
We should also consider that we are approximately 10 mln below salary cup and we are competitive but not able to win team :?

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Galoo wake up YOU COCKISH GEL HAIRED ASS LICKED PUSSY Aaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhh why he can't play 15 ppg like season ago ?
I think this is another puzzle - recovering right now and his name is KELENNA !
We should also consider that we are approximately 10 mln below salary cup and we are competitive but not able to win team :?

I wonder if D.League Earl Barron would accept that $1M to be a 24
mpg starter with Amare & Gallo. The idea of Mozgov, Turiaf, and Chandler
fresh legs coming off the bench in a lineup would look real well out
rebounding alot of our oponents.
:beer: :gony: :beer: that one player could help out our rebounding problem alot

milchshake

Benchwarmer
I wonder if D.League Earl Barron would accept that $1M to be a 24
mpg starter with Amare & Gallo. The idea of Mozgov, Turiaf, and Chandler
fresh legs coming off the bench in a lineup would look real well out
rebounding alot of our oponents.
:beer: :gony: :beer: that one player could help out our rebounding problem alot

That's the cleverest idea I've heard this day definitely ! Give me a contact to walsh or mike - we must tell them because they're not so clever like fans :D Earl got 11 rpg with us in 7 games last season.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
idk about u guys but i think turiaf is awful

u think!

Turiaf/Bynum was in the same draft class as Frye/Lee .....
Lakers selected Bynum/Turiaf, whom to this day the Lakers two
bigmen has not reached the potential of Frye/Lee.
Those two young teammates had Kobe asking to be traded.
Everyone paid more attention to the Lakers adding players Derick Fisher
and Pau Gasol to the lineup. While no one mention or paid attention to
the 3 new coaches Phil Jackson added to the Lakers coaching staff after
Kobe's bold statement.

Trading FA Lee rather than keeping Lee for two more seasons set us back
two to three years in search for a high IQ complimentary bigman.
We will pay the players from the GSW trade $10M this season, and these
players performance will only give us 15% to 25% of the performance we
would receive from ambidextrous David Lee.
Im not hating on any player
:thumbsup:

u think!

Kobe's bold statement.

what the Hell are you talking about man

If we resigned lee

there would be no potential for chris paul/carmelo anthony

we replaced Lee with Stat

who thus far has prove to be a much better leader and respected player by this new regime than Lee ever was, Lee was a good guy, but you just had this idea that no one on the team wanted to embrace him as the "leader"

point is, we let Lee go
because we knew we could have enough cap space to go after 2-3 supreme talents over the next few years

that is the plan

if we resigned lee

our team would be starting

TWO power forwards for the next 5 seasons to go up against
the celtics magic bulls heat and lakers

we develop mozgof

we got amare

we get melo

and we go after paul

thats how championships are built

kiya man

get back on your meds.

Toons

is the Bo$$
u think!

Kobe's bold statement.

so if we kept frye and lee we would be in a better position?
i kinda agree tho kiyah, but the thing i have to disagree with is that stat gets madddddddd double teams....he commans it, or else he's gonna rack up 25 in the first half. I was always an advocate for Channing and Jamal Crawford, those guys were bright spots on a bad team. Frye, Lee, Melo, Johnson, Felton (with the money, we could have gotten joe johnson, i like he style)

Gelling is always a factor amongst new teamates, but we will still need one more piece to the puzzle if we are to go anywhere near the playoffs. Why are some of you guys crying "wake up Gallo"? Stop imagining! Clearly he's not the only one dreaming...wtf! lets be real here and quit the nonsense. sheeesh..

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Gelling is always a factor amongst new teamates, but we will still need one more piece to the puzzle if we are to go anywhere near the playoffs. Why are some of you guys crying "wake up Gallo"? Stop imagining! Clearly he's not the only one dreaming...wtf! lets be real here and quit the nonsense. sheeesh..

Why?

Because Gallo IS the missing piece.

How great would this roster be once we are gelling together and Gallo is shooting well. And don't you dare tell me he's a scrub YET. Let's see how he plays out the year first. For God's sake, last year Sports Illustrated magazine was comparing him to a young DIRK. This comparison isn't the most appropriate, but even Dirk went through his slumps. Hell, EVERYONE Goes through slumps. Our team will be much better once we get Randolph back and Gallo starts shooting and driving well. It isn't a matter of if, it's a matter of when. Someone, I believe it was KBlack, compared Gallo to AJ Burnett, and just like I continue to believe in AJ, I'll continue to believe in Gallo.

He needs to be the missing piece?I?d love to see him vanish.

I?m not one of those guys willing to wait a year for gallo?s game to pick up, not only is that fan fair?it?s totally insane. Do you have any idea how long it will take him to get to NBA status?! Do you even see how lame his drive and handle is? If he?s still hurt, then he is weak and needs to leave, period. The coach brought him into the NBA when no one else would have taking that gamble. Why are you and others talking about his performance last year when there was a 24/7 revolving door for Knick players? The NY media always hype up NY athletes?good and bad. It says a lot about our organization if you think this dude is going to be a main piece to our team. I?m a Knick fan first, player second. Gallanari has done nothing but hinder us, he didn?t work on any parts of his game in the off season and he still gets the favoritism. This crap sucks big time and it will spill into something nasty if the coach allows this crap to continue.

Why is Gallo so popular in this forum? Seriously. I hardly ever hear anything positive about the dude outside of here. I figure it has something to do with not even being from NY..so they must not know how we ball here, or maybe he comes from their native country. Or, it can be a crush thing. After all, Gallo is the first player I?ve seen shave his armpits?hmmm. irdk...

quiggle

Starter
yeah I don't know where all the hype came from about Gallinari being the next big thing, he's just an average player who probably will be a journey man in a few seasons. kind of like a JD MBenga type of player.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
yeah I don't know where all the hype came from about Gallinari being the next big thing, he's just an average player who probably will be a journey man in a few seasons. kind of like a JD MBenga type of player.

Maybe the hype came from the fact that he is not an average player.
I can put the same question: where all the hate came from about him ?
Maybe it has something to do with D'antoni or the italian stuff behind them.
It's always basketball or is it something else ?

iSaYughh

Starter
Why?

Because Gallo IS the missing piece.

How great would this roster be once we are gelling together and Gallo is shooting well. And don't you dare tell me he's a scrub YET. Let's see how he plays out the year first. For God's sake, last year Sports Illustrated magazine was comparing him to a young DIRK. This comparison isn't the most appropriate, but even Dirk went through his slumps. Hell, EVERYONE Goes through slumps. Our team will be much better once we get Randolph back and Gallo starts shooting and driving well. It isn't a matter of if, it's a matter of when. Someone, I believe it was KBlack, compared Gallo to AJ Burnett, and just like I continue to believe in AJ, I'll continue to believe in Gallo.

A young AJ, perhaps. I mean, AJ has a ton of years and seasons under his belt being a proven headcase with horrible consistency and a bottom-line average pitcher, but can be the FEAST in feast-or-famine because of his talent and underlying ability to pitch like a man.

I'd compare Gallo to Soriano, actually. If we are going to make a NY sports comparison.

Sori was young, unique, had spurts of great output, spurts of big slumps, and a lot of people weren't sure if he was a true winner and could hack it in NYC as a consistent "baller".

His spurts and individual skills belied the promise and stardom if he put things together.

He had solid but unspectacular seasons with certain stats indicating rare talent. Eg, his power to speed, or in this case, Gallo's size to shooting range.

This year for Gallo would be like the year Sori slumped like a bitch, pulled his game together, and beasted as a clutch performer in the playoffs...culminating with a would-be, game winning homer off Randy Johnnson during the freakish 9th inning collapsed of game7, 2001 ws.

Soriano of course became a multiple-time 40/40 guy (give or take one steal or homer).

The comparison could go one step further in him being dealt for A-rod. Our Melo.

A lot of this Gallo hats (not necessarily in this thread), is because of his tethering to D'ant, anti-Euro sentiment, that we need a scapegoat pinatta during these tumultuous rebuild years, and maybe some soft racism thrown into the mix.

The irony is people say he now must ride the bench and totally destroy him (and our ability to trade him...) bc after 3 games he cant shoot.

These same people also said all last yr that all he could do was shoot.

Last edited: