After 3 games coach D'antoni exposed as a fraud?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
D'antoni gets this whole year. At the end of the season we'll know whether hes going to coach this game. 3 games determine nothing folks.

p0nder

Starter
"And after the Knicks fail to make the playoffs for the 7th straight season, even the blindest D'Antoni supporters will stop believing in his b.s." - abcd

I will agree to let the world know d'ant is a fraud if we don't make the playoffs.... if you agree to see the light when we do make the playoffs.

I mean, it's gotta go both ways right? It has to be playoffs or bust this year, no more bullshit, no more chasing free agents in a trashed season, no more excuses for losses. This team needs to be held accountable starting with the head coach. If we don't win this year, we can't look at our roster and say, "These are scrubs" because these players are good enough to play with any team.

So far this season, has D'antoni been a fraud?

Lets see: The knicks won their first game together in T.O. can't complain about that one!

Then they play a superb game against one of the leagues top 4 teams in Boston and almost take it.

Then they lose a disappointing but fairly close home opener against Portland, where one of our better players was held out of the game.

We competed in every game (two of them against playoff bound teams), played sound basketball, had good team defense, and guess what guys? It's their FIRST 3 GAMES TOGETHER. you can't have a feel for your teammates and their strengths and weaknesses yet. Even knowing when and who to kick it out to has been an issue. You can't just kick it out to Wilson at the 3 pt line, but no one really knows that yet cause aside from gallo, no one has played with the kid!

And despite all of this, our team is competing with the top teams in the league and you guys think it's a fraud? i'll admit i'm tired of seeing chucking in transition. If you are on the fast break you should be driving for the basket unless you are absolutely open and a knock down 3 pt shooter. But I see that as a player problem more then a coaching problem, our guys just need to get fired up.

I think Kiya said it already, we need a break out game against a good team like the bulls or orlando and you will see this team build on that. I still think we will pull out a 9-6 or 8-7 record on the first 15 games, and i'll be very pleased with that.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Good thread, but D'Antoni exposed himself as a fraud the minute he took the job as head coach of the Knicks.

It was obvious that the only reason he wanted to coach the Knicks was for the huge 24 million dollar contract Dolan gave him.

The Knicks keep signing big name players, coaches, and GMs, instead of building a team through the draft and free agency, keeping our best players, and hiring people who stress defense. Ex: Patrick Ewing, Avery Johnson, Scott Skiles, etc.

Walsh is not even a general manager. He's a computer. Whatever D'Antoni tells him to do, he does.

The Knicks had a chance to get Brook Lopez or Roy Hibbert, and they got Danila Ballerina.

D'Antoni wanted Chris Duhon over Andre Miller, Stephon Marbury, and Nate Robinson.

The Knicks had a chance to get Brandon Jennings, and they got Jordan Hill.

The Knicks traded Jamal Crawford for a small forward, during a time when the Knicks had 5 small forwards.

Zach Randolph got traded for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley's 17 million dollar retirement plan.

Jordan Hill and 2 first round picks were traded for a broken down Tracy McGrady.

The Knicks organization had 3 chances to hire Ewing as an assistant, and they refused.

The Knicks organization had 2 chances to sign Patrick Ewing Jr., and they played him for Anthony Roberson, Andy Rautins, and Shawne Williams.

D'Antoni and Walsh are both frauds. Me and some other posters on here called it from day 1.

And after the Knicks fail to make the playoffs for the 7th straight season, even the blindest D'Antoni supporters will stop believing in his b.s.

First of all; really... Walsh is a fraud??? Did he trade all those horrible contracts (except Currys')??? I mean Walsh's brilliance was apparent based on those moves alone! Next, this is a team that had how long to practice together??? Both loses were to Boston and Portland; 2 teams that have the core players playing together for years (with the addidtion of a few new players). The Knicks are what, 85% new?????? They will need time to get used to eachother, while most learn a new system at the same time. I thought they looked their best against Boston and Portland (both loses) as far as how good they can be on D. Yes, they had lapses but for the most part they looked like they could be tough on D. This forum is funny, so many people faught to keep Isiah around even when he was thrusting this franchise into a fiscal winter and yet we are screaming for Mike D's and Walshes job for the past 2 years......

Since I’ve been here I pointed out Antonio’s weaknesses. He is a wack coach; He tries to force people to play his way…even if the player is not meant to play the position. His whole game revolves around shooting too many jump shots. Stat is more affective around the basket, not the 3 point line. Wilson <ST1:pis a starter…why is he coming off of the bench behind Gallo...just to lead the team in scoring? Why the **** is Gallo still starting??!! He has always been crappy, atleast I'm glad others are starting to wake up. We should keep douglas,wilson,walker,stat,fields,felton,triaf,moz and g</ST1:pet rid of the rest for Mello and maybe a rebounding role player. We will not go far with this team, especially when they’re playing the way the coach is playing them. As long as Gallo is on the team it will not be ran fairly. He should not be here!!!!

I said many times before and I will keep saying it. The coach will F-up this team by taking players out of their natural talented, most affective positions just so his scub ass god son will have a chance to play. I don’t know why some of the people on this site want this dumb ass coach to mess up the season and team by keeping Gallo…even more so...as a starter with so many minutes. C’mon man, it doesn’t take a genius to see how his flawed game plan, weak defensive plays and favoritism for Gallo is hurting the Knicks. I sure hope Dolan steps in and can this guy before it’s too late. They should have traded Gallo before the season before his true colors started to show (as I said on numerous occasions) …now look at what’s happening…he is ****ing up our trade potential even more with his D-League caliber game. I'm praying we don’t get stuck with this garbage.
<O:p
The Real fans need to start booing Gallo and the coach…I think I might just start that at the Garden the next time I go. I’m sure others there will do the same once someone starts it off. It won’t be the first time I/we had the Garden chanting unpleasantries...we need to nip this in the bud now. I know its only 3 games in...but this has been going on since pre-season, and IMHO, professional Ballers using this as an excuse is pretty lame.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
So.

D'ant is crucified for being a stagnant coach set in hia ways, who can never produce a team that shows good D.

Yet this season clearly shows otherwise, as mentioned in this article.

The article also highlights, before going into it's shpiel, that our two worst offensive categories, which are total killers (fg%, 3pt%), are the two areas that WILL improve considerably.

And yet, we were brutally in the mix against a maybe-great Boston team, and a good POR team, the latter of which we most clearly lost because of (see: above numbers), atrocious bricks of free throws, not to mention some unfortunate calls by the ref.

And no one else on GSW would have made sense, except for Ellis, who would have locked us down financially. And really, made us a fun, for sure playoff team, but a middling one stuck for a long time.

So basically if our team hit free throws at something above a sub-humanoid rate we take POR and who knows, maybe the Celtics. Not to mention if Douglas and Gallo weren't bricking so hard below their norm from the 3.

AR has been out, Azzy hasn't gotten back yet, Gallo is having a train wreck 3 games, STAT has been good not great, and our team is bricking ft's and 3's at an absurd, below-norm rate.

And we are 1-2 after hotly contested games vs Celtics and POR, the latter of which we crystal-clear gave away from pitiful free throw bricks and some dubious penalties.

That shit will change itself over the course of games.

If we are 2-1, or 3-0, because players hit their freebies at a nice rate, is this article/thread still going down?

O. And people always said D'ant would rape rookies from making impacts. Moz, and FIELDS entirely disproved that.

And we hears that he had no idea how to play Chandler to be able to make an impact. Oops. Or is even Chandler's SUCCESSS --now-- in spite of D'ant...

quiggle

Starter
as a very forgiving society, it's time to bring back Isiah to run the operations and possibly coach again. let the past be and work with what's ahead.

iSaYughh

Starter
The MD haterz get a chance to spew their venom. Great job mafra. I've not seen more inane posts in one thread since I've been a member @ ko.com.

x100. And also to the post simply stating the obvious that it's 3 games on which this judgment is being based. Which is clearly disproved and proved to be inane.

It's not like you see anyone go out of their way to start up spin sessions to defend MD, or pump him up, as some savior and perfect coach.

But the opposite happens all the time. And then the holes get poked through the arguments that try to make sweeping assertions proving his abject failure, with the conviction of some holy scripture.

iSaYughh

Starter
Haha, Some people just can't handle the truth, even if it jumps up and slaps the **** out of them time and time again...

Who has D'ant been hurting with his "horrible" handling of players and their positions? Your boy Chandler? Having a breakout season...

Douglas?

You just mention Gallo over n over, re:d'ant. Which is usually pretty accurate in itself. But it has little shit to do with d'ant.

What do you want him to do? Release him? Superglue his ass to the bench? Completely rape his value?

He's been shopped to be traded...relax. Just worry about him sorting out game. If that means he is "just" what he was last year. Fine. He was pretty sweet last yr for a 22yr old playing in his first legit season.

This is Gallo talk. The D'ant talk about these 3 games proving him a fraud and failure has already been cut through and exposed.

Who has D'ant been hurting with his "horrible" handling of players and their positions? Your boy Chandler? Having a breakout season...

Douglas?

You just mention Gallo over n over, re:d'ant. Which is usually pretty accurate in itself. But it has little shit to do with d'ant.

What do you want him to do? Release him? Superglue his ass to the bench? Completely rape his value?

He's been shopped to be traded...relax. Just worry about him sorting out game. If that means he is "just" what he was last year. Fine. He was pretty sweet last yr for a 22yr old playing in his first legit season.

This is Gallo talk. The D'ant talk about these 3 games proving him a fraud and failure has already been cut through and exposed.

It's a big part of the problem because he is playing this scrub, and this scub is f-ing up the chemistry. Until his ass is sent packing I will always point out the obvious....along with the other points I've made. I'm not the blind one here. I know this game very well.

iSaYughh

Starter
It's a big part of the problem because he is playing this scrub, and this scub is f-ing up the chemistry. Until his ass is sent packing I will always point out the obvious....along with the other points I've made. I'm not the blind one here. I know this game very well.

What do you want D'ant to do? Have him ride the bench?

Then he WONT be traded, because you'll have truly raped his value and kept it locked up at a low, basement level.

You say he is flawed and mentally weak and not a baller. Fair enough. All more reason to do what D'ant IS doing, and not do what you seem to want him to do.

Which will truly just ensure he isn't traded, not to mention rendering him even more useless when we do keep him.

I hear the D-League calling...bet yet he can go back to Italy for all I care. Just get him out of the line up. That can't be asking for much. He has did nothing but hurt us...and you want him to stay? smh

nyk_nyk

All Star
What do you want D'ant to do? Have him ride the bench?

Then he WONT be traded, because you'll have truly raped his value and kept it locked up at a low, basement level.

You say he is flawed and mentally weak and not a baller. Fair enough. All more reason to do what D'ant IS doing, and not do what you seem to want him to do.

Which will truly just ensure he isn't traded, not to mention rendering him even more useless when we do keep him.

The same thing happened to AR in GS and most people on this site were all excited about acquiring him and his limitless "potential". Benching him won't lower his trade value to the point that no one will want him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Although, its been just 3 games .......... this will be Dantoni 3rd season
coaching the Knicks. Dantoni had a playoff roster in N.Y. his first and
second season. Those who are in Denial should know Denial can be a
self inflicted desease.

Coach Del Negro took the Bulls to two straight playoff seasons.
Bulls G.M. Paxon Fired Del Negro to hire defensive coach Thimb.
Is there something G.M. Paxon know that G.M. Walsh dont know???

Bulls roster vs Knicks roster in 2007-8 and 2010-11
compare rosters or would u like to use the Pacers/76ers/or Nets

Bmifsud

Rookie
How can you call a coach a fraud after 3 games, especially not too many players returning from last year? You have to try shit out and see what works, 3 games...I mean really? I'd love to see people criticizing him go get an NBA coaching job.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
How can you call a coach a fraud after 3 games, especially not too many players returning from last year? You have to try shit out and see what works, 3 games...I mean really? I'd love to see people criticizing him go get an NBA coaching job.

3 games...and two seasons.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
D'Antoni hurts this team. That Suns team was gonna be good no matter what. We need a new coach.

GTFOH w that BS!! You're contradicting yourself.

If the Suns we're gonna be good no matter what because of the players they had, then the same applies for the Knicks. PLAYERS WIN GAMES, NOT COACHES! Give our F-ing players, including Gallo a chance to gel and climb outta their respective funks and we'll be ok.

You guys really overvalue the impact these coaches have.