Knicks Steiner Sports collectibles partnership

quiggle

Starter
pretty much, like tonight is a meet and greet STAT at Steiner Sports offices. I think it was about 400$ to reserve a spot but it sold out very quickly.

pretty much, like tonight is a meet and greet STAT at Steiner Sports offices. I think it was about 400$ to reserve a spot but it sold out very quickly.
So if i go to the Players entrance like i have done every Year since i was a Kid and ask a player for there auto they wont give it?

quiggle

Starter
So if i go to the Players entrance like i have done every Year since i was a Kid and ask a player for there auto they wont give it?

they might still, it depends what their agreement with the company they have. but they might also sign it less nicer than if you buy it from the store, like free ones they might just sign initials and paid ones they sign the full name. it really depends on each situation though.

KBlack25

Starter
One can purchase an Eddy Curry signed basketball with a display case for the low price of $190!!!!

Also, an Eddy Curry practice jersey for $90 and a Darko Milicic game issued (notice not game used) XMas Green jersey for only $400!!! WHAT A DEAL!

quiggle

Starter
One can purchase an Eddy Curry signed basketball with a display case for the low price of $190!!!!

Also, an Eddy Curry practice jersey for $90 and a Darko Milicic game issued (notice not game used) XMas Green jersey for only $400!!! WHAT A DEAL!

welcome to the world of Steiner Sports.

they might still, it depends what their agreement with the company they have. but they might also sign it less nicer than if you buy it from the store, like free ones they might just sign initials and paid ones they sign the full name. it really depends on each situation though.
Yeah last year i got Gallo's autograph and he just gave me DG.

quiggle

Starter
Yeah last year i got Gallo's autograph and he just gave me DG.

yeah it's sad this is how it is now, like with baseball a lot of players pick the ugliest places to sign their autos for free, but when you show them the money they will sign in the center of the sweet spot

see, if you purchased this from Steiner Sports you would have gotten a more complete Gallinari signature. hey look you can even see STAT in the photo.

01500_gallphs016001.jpg

yeah it's sad this is how it is now, like with baseball a lot of players pick the ugliest places to sign their autos for free, but when you show them the money they will sign in the center of the sweet spot

see, if you purchased this from Steiner Sports you would have gotten a more complete Gallinari signature. hey look you can even see STAT in the photo.

01500_gallphs016001.jpg
Last year i got the whole team to sign a ball for me.

I got Allan Houston, David Lee, Tracy McGrady, Eddie House, Al Harrington, Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Chris Duhon, Sergio Rodriguez, Bill Walker, Toney Douglas, and even Walt Frazier. I got the WHOLE team everybody. only people who gave me bad sigs were Gallinari (Who was kinda rude) and Eddie House (Who was a nice guy).

I want to go back this year and get Wilson Chandler to sign a Hat and get the team to sign another ball for me.

quiggle

Starter
Last year i got the whole team to sign a ball for me.

I got Allan Houston, David Lee, Tracy McGrady, Eddie House, Al Harrington, Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Chris Duhon, Sergio Rodriguez, Bill Walker, Toney Douglas, and even Walt Frazier. I got the WHOLE team everybody. only people who gave me bad sigs were Gallinari (Who was kinda rude) and Eddie House (Who was a nice guy).

I want to go back this year and get Wilson Chandler to sign a Hat and get the team to sign another ball for me.

I hope they will be able to because you are one of the true fans that value the player/fan bond and not the money factor that ruins it a lot of times. also a lot of players don't sign anymore or sign crappy because they already have this attitude you will put it on Ebay to profit off it.

also what kind of ball do you use, is it the official leather game ball? a friend of mine had one of those signed and the leather started cracking and ruined the whole ball.

I hope they will be able to because you are one of the true fans that value the player/fan bond and not the money factor that ruins it a lot of times. also a lot of players don't sign anymore or sign crappy because they already have this attitude you will put it on Ebay to profit off it.

also what kind of ball do you use, is it the official leather game ball? a friend of mine had one of those signed and the leather started cracking and ruined the whole ball.
I but the NBA ball you get at Wal Mart. not the 100 dollar ball the 20 dollar ball. Its got the NBA logo written in Silver on it. its held up pretty nicely, got it in a display with all my other knick stuff. Got a Marbury signed Jersey, Channing Frye signed picture and another signed ball of the 07-08 knicks.

I always loved the Knicks more then any other sports team (Giants, Yankees) because in my time of being a fan (which hasnt been since like 03, 04) they have always treated there fans with respect and the Orginization has always mantained the Player-fan bond.

Unlike the Yankees who build a freaken tunnel to keep fans from getting players autographs.

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday and was telling him, once the New "Garden Renivation" happens, The Knicks become the yankees. Buy our seats, Buy our Jerseys, come to games in March when were 21-48 but by all means dont you dare ask our players for autographs!

quiggle

Starter
yes, I agree totally and seeing this Steiner partnership is starting to head the Knicks towards that direction. seeing sell Jeter jerseys for 15,000$ you can imagine what STAT's first season jerseys will command. it's shame though because as the teams get better and become more and more successful/popular they become more arrogant and start losing touch with the real peeps who make them who they are which are the fans. the Giants football team used to sell their high end items on their website pro shop but now they stopped and put these on NFL Auctions where only the rich can bid on the items, the jerseys run for thousands and footballs more than 500$.

yes, I agree totally and seeing this Steiner partnership is starting to head the Knicks towards that direction. seeing sell Jeter jerseys for 15,000$ you can imagine what STAT's first season jerseys will command. it's shame though because as the teams get better and become more and more successful/popular they become more arrogant and start losing touch with the real peeps who make them who they are which are the fans. the Giants football team used to sell their high end items on their website pro shop but now they stopped and put these on NFL Auctions where only the rich can bid on the items, the jerseys run for thousands and footballs more than 500$.[/quote

that shits crazy. I've never tried to get any Giants Autos but i have heard crazy stories. and I have seen crazier about the Yankees!

quiggle

Starter
yes, I agree totally and seeing this Steiner partnership is starting to head the Knicks towards that direction. seeing sell Jeter jerseys for 15,000$ you can imagine what STAT's first season jerseys will command. it's shame though because as the teams get better and become more and more successful/popular they become more arrogant and start losing touch with the real peeps who make them who they are which are the fans. the Giants football team used to sell their high end items on their website pro shop but now they stopped and put these on NFL Auctions where only the rich can bid on the items, the jerseys run for thousands and footballs more than 500$.[/quote

that shits crazy. I've never tried to get any Giants Autos but i have heard crazy stories. and I have seen crazier about the Yankees!

not to throw this off topic but here is a game used Giants football that sold on NFL Auctions recently

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-b...br=134711471&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=135058181

not to throw this off topic but here is a game used Giants football that sold on NFL Auctions recently

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-b...br=134711471&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=135058181
As a kid i always wondered why they never left the Net down so the ball would go into ths stands, now I know why.

but as far as the Knicks go im just going to have to wait till I go to my first game this year, get there 4 hours early, stand by the players entrance and wait and see.

quiggle

Starter
As a kid i always wondered why they never left the Net down so the ball would go into ths stands, now I know why.

but as far as the Knicks go im just going to have to wait till I go to my first game this year, get there 4 hours early, stand by the players entrance and wait and see.

I forget which game it was but I think security would have killed the fan to get back the helmet Brandon Jacobs threw into the stands. I don't believe that bs that it's the only helmet issued for the season, they wanted it back so they could eventually sell it off.

but yes, good luck with getting autographs I think you will be successful. maybe next season when Carmelo comes it will be more difficult.