Knicks vs Wizards November 5th

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's amazing how replacing Duhon with Felton and Lee with Amar'e and Jeffries with Turiaf can make the team look like a playoff-bound one.

I know we're only 5 games in but it's tough to not be excited (unless you're Kiyaman and would rather have Isiah over D'Antoni)

iJoe

Rotation player
I'm loving the balance of the team so far. Its interesting when you consider that Douglas actually had the most shot attempts by a decent margin. When the ball moves around and theres some trust and selflessness, we are a dangerous team.

AR just needs more time to gain confidence and I think he'll be fine. He's young and needs a boost to get going. Being injured for so long definitely didn't help. Imagine our team if AR and Buike are healthy and adjusted. The only oddball really is Mason... I have no clue why we signed him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
11 Blocks, 11 steals, 21 Wizard TOs, Douglas poisoning Wall, The Gov taking it to McGee, Walker smashing on cats, Felton tearing, Gallo hitting, STAT swatting, The Thrill raping, Randolph 'bounding, Landry cutting and RONNIE! how I love thee. Let me count the ways.

hypnos

Rookie
Wow...6 guys scoring in double figures. Nice. Using deep rotation is 1 thing. Rotation actually working is another. ;) Tend to say that Stat tried to turn it up a notch going .500+ from the field scoring 18 and 4 BS. He'll get there. And TD really is spectacular.

Kiyaman

Legend
Now I see why the Wizards refuse tp play PG-Wall vs Douglas in the SLG.
Since preseason Douglas is beasting 2-0 over rookie Wall.

I know a win over the Wizards is nothing big ........but if we keep this 9+ man
rotation and apply the same inside/outside game on 76ers & Bucks, we
may have a chance of winning both of those games (5-2). The Bucks &
76ers has been playing "only" one level above the Wizards this season.

The so-call "HATER" Kiyaman, posted the above comment before all u Damnphony-luvers started giving all the praise for this Knick WIN over the 1-3 Wizards to Bum Dantoni.
Do any of u Damnphony-Luvers ever recall Dantoni using a 9+Man rotation in his NBA career?
HELL NO!
There is no debate on Damnphony coaching the Knicks the past two seasons using a 6 and 7 man rotation of role-players. Its called TANKING!

Let me get this straight. When this team last year wasn't playing defense, and people like me, Trillion, a few others said that was a product of the team not being good defensive players. And YOU KIYAMAN said that a good defensive coach would teach the team defense, REGARDLESS of the personnel.

Then, this year, when we are playing good defense, it is 100% to do with the personnel 0% to do with D'Antoni, the personnel on the squad (which is what people like me said from the get go...).

So either you were lying about your opinion then or are lying about your opinion now, either way you want to put it.
Fact is, those of us that said it was the personnel that made us a bad defensive team last year and in year's past are clearly being proven right. Kiya wants to be right so bad he just makes up things to make D'Antoni look horrible. If we won the finals this year Kiya would be mad that we didn't sweep. Just admit it Kiya: you were wrong. It's okay. Nobody will think less of you. In fact, what you are doing now, clearly lying and making up truths to defend your inane and incorrect commentary and predictions from the past makes everyone (including myself) lose respect for you by the instant.

K-Black......all that u wrote is bullshuuuut.
My biggest complaint about BUM Dantoni has always been his usage of small-rotations, and his inability to write a design play in a halfcourt setting.
We all know the reason why Damnphony is no longer coaching his favorite Phoenix Suns (NO Defensive Plan). Other posters mention no-defense D'antoni, I dont have to its already a FACT in the NBA.
Last season we watched Larry Hughes & Jefferies leadership use the same defensive-zone they used when they played for headcoach Eddy Jordan Wizards to hold 9 Knick oponents under 100 points, plus win 6 of those 9 games.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

p0nder

Starter
ain't you seen the commercials kiyaman??

Last season.

Was last season.

This team is leading the eastern conference in defensive categories

There are two scenarios for this.

1. Every single role player on this team is playing an insane level above their heads. They are simply out hustling teams on an individual basis while our game plan lacks any set, rhyme or reason. They simply play man on man defense and are getting blocks, steals, rebounds, and points off turnovers because they are just playing really REALLY inspired basketball.

or.

2. This team has a solid offensive scheme designed to have multiple options off of pick n rolls, on the defensive end we are playing solid mixtures of defensive strategies including zones. We are relying on good team defense, blocking off passing lanes, stepping up in the paint, etc. Match-ups are kept in the realm of reason. Star or hot players are getting attention to keep them from getting the opposing team and crowd into it. D'antoni is stressing defense and holding players accountable.

Either way, the knicks are playing awesome right now.

And either way some credit goes to D'antoni who has fired up this team. He has them believing that by employing sound and energetic team strategy that they can win, against anyone.

Whether it means they are playing above their heads or they are working on team defense, it's at least somewhat D'ant's fault.