Evacuee
new_york_knicks_alternate.gif

PLAYERPROFILES12a.jpg

PLAYERPROFILES5a.jpg

PLAYERPROFILES7a.jpg

PLAYERPROFILES6a.jpg

PLAYERPROFILES9a.jpg

nyk1011header_NEWS.jpg

New York, which went 3 of 19 from 3-point range Sunday after going 28 of 53 in the two previous games, wasn’t much better offensively in three losses to the Bucks last season. The Knicks averaged 87.0 points and were held to 67 in the last meeting.

The addition of Stoudemire might help, as he’s averaged 23.5 points in his last six meetings against the Bucks.

☆A look at the Bucks:

Milwaukee (2-5) is coming off a poor offensive performance of its own in an 87-81 loss to New Orleans on Saturday. The Bucks, who are averaging 89.6 points, shot 38.6 percent for a second straight game to see their season mark drop to 39.9. They were 4 of 16 from 3-point range and scored 35 points in the first half.

“It was just an ugly game for us,” point guard Brandon Jennings(notes) said. “It’s starting to get a little bit ridiculous now because every day it’s like it’s something - shots not falling and we just all break down. Some people are probably not on the same page, or I don’t know what it is, but it’s getting a little bit annoying now.”

Even the return of Andrew Bogut(notes) didn’t help. After missing the previous game with a migraine, Bogut had 19 points and 14 rebounds.

Bogut had one of the best games of his career the last time he faced the Knicks, scoring 24 points to go along with 20 rebounds and five blocked shots in an 83-67 win Feb. 22.

KEY MATCH UP:

Felton VS Jennings
6866828dfac8227692e87fc3d2a20594-getty-103883086jd003_new_york_kni.jpg

We could have had Jennings ahead of Hill in last year's draft. That didn't happen. Result: Raymond Felton. You know he's going to bring it. Jennings will also have to put up with Douglas' defence. Let's wear this cat down and choke up their offence.
brandon-jennings-is-a-buck1.jpg

Keys to a W:

As always, DEFENCE. Containing my fellow Ozi, Andrew Bogut, is no small task, but effective use of substitutions and fouls between The Gov and Ronnie T will at least, hopefully, dampen Bogut's output.

Effective ball movement, HIGH% shots also critical to keeping this team above .500.
:gony:

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
im hopin to at least see a good, hard fought game that goes down to the final minute. I know its early but it'd be nice to get this win to avoid going below .500

Im afraid of going below .500 In the past, once we fell below .500 we didnt seem to ever make it back :(

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The Bucks are a pretty talented team and they beat us pretty bad last year but we're an entirely different team.

Felton and Douglas are going to do much better against Brandon Jennings than Chris Duhon did. Mozgov and Turiaf are going to play much better against Bogut than David Lee did. Meanwhile, they no longer have Luke Ridnour, and we should NOT be losing to a team starting Drew Gooden at PF, that's just sad.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
This is kind of a MUST WIN. I would hate to go below .500. Coach will have the team ready to ball I think.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^
He called out both Wil and TD in the post game interviews after last game's heinous loss.

Be interesting to see what those 2 bring.

Sage

Rotation player
Thanks for the game thread, Crazy8s.

Looking forward to this one. Hard to know which Knicks team is going to turn up for which game but hopefully the boys play well.

Yeah I want this game bad.. espcially considering the Bucks are staggering alittle right now and we need to go one above .500 because we have a tough Warriors team coming at us the very next night.

p0nder

Starter
Should be a win for the Knicks. A lot of people I've been talking to put the bucks ahead of us in their playoff standings. I think this team is highly over rated and is showing their true colors now.

Jennings is not better then Felton and we'll see it tonight. He's overrated and flashy.

I also think that while Bogut is a decent option at the 5, when he goes up against better defensive 5's (ie. Turiaf) he gets frustrated easily. On top of that he's been complaining about migraines and coming off a long stay in a suit on the bench, he's not performing at 100%.

We need to win this game and stay above .500. I know that the coaching staff is stressing this game because we need a big win after our last outing and this is a team we could be battling with for playoff position later on in the season. If we can establish our dominance over them early it will go a long way in the later part of the year.

cathaytrader

Benchwarmer
Really would be disheartening to go to 3-4. I honestly thought that at 3-2 after strong wins against the Bulls and Wizard that wins against the Sixers and Bucks were near certainties and we'd be 5-2. Oh well....

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm sure Skiles will have his guys ready to play after their last performance. Dantoni should as well. I expect to see a hard fought game for all 4 quarters. I would love to get a win here but I'll stop short of a guarantee. The Bucks were a 6 seed last season and improved by signing Roberts and Maggette. I know their only 2-5 but I have to assume their much better than that.

@SSj4Wingzero - Gooden is no pushover. He plays very hard in the post and can disrupt players shots. He's also a decent rebounder. Everything we have in Turiaf you should expect with Gooden + a better mid range shot.

KingCharles34

All Star
@SSj4Wingzero - Gooden is no pushover. He plays very hard in the post and can disrupt players shots. He's also a decent rebounder. Everything we have in Turiaf you should expect with Gooden + a better mid range shot.

Shotblocking....Turiaf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Rebounding..... about equal

Scoring....Gooden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Defense....Turiaf >>>

Kiyaman

Legend
Great Game Thread!
Im glad I didnt have to see Jennings face after his team offseason moves.
The Bucks reduce themselves down to a one-man team over the summer.

After the Knicks Sunday chaotic-loss to bum coach Doug Collins .....
the Knicks better WIN vs the Bucks by any means nessesary.....no excuses.

I want to see Mozgov collect 4 to 5 fouls on Bogut to receive developing-playingtime (24 mpg).
I want Fields in the game every quarter to dismantle Jennings/Salmon
I want Douglas to come in as our 6th-man replacing Felton, Chandler as
our 7th Man replacing Gallo, and Turiaf as our 8th man replacing Amare or Mozgov.
Im tired of seeing Dantoni sickening way of rotating/substituting players to fit
his sickness of favoritism players. Felton is not Steve Nash or a facilitator like Nash (I dont want a repeat of the previous 2 seasons of Duhon).
Yes, I am angry! I loss money on Sunday game. The Jets & Giants WON, but the Knicks.......

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The Knicks should have this...if we can defend Rose, Rondo and Wall then Jennings should not be too hard.

Great Game Thread!
Im glad I didnt have to see Jennings face after his team offseason moves.
The Bucks reduce themselves down to a one-man team over the summer.

After the Knicks Sunday chaotic-loss to bum coach Doug Collins .....
the Knicks better WIN vs the Bucks by any means nessesary.....no excuses.

I want to see Mozgov collect 4 to 5 fouls on Bogut to receive developing-playingtime (24 mpg).
I want Fields in the game every quarter to dismantle Jennings/Salmon
I want Douglas to come in as our 6th-man replacing Felton, Chandler as
our 7th Man replacing Gallo, and Turiaf as our 8th man replacing Amare or Mozgov.
Im tired of seeing Dantoni sickening way of rotating/substituting players to fit
his sickness of favoritism players. Felton is not Steve Nash or a facilitator like Nash (I dont want a repeat of the previous 2 seasons of Duhon).
Yes, I am angry! I loss money on Sunday game. The Jets & Giants WON, but the Knicks.......
Never bet on your team...

GetRealistic

Starter
Home games agianst Philly when there missing their best players are must wins. But lets put it into prospective boys. We're 3-3. We started the season off 1-10 last year. We're 3-3 and have been in every game and in all honesty we should probably be 5-1.

Lets not jump off the bring just yet. It's very possible that we could win the next three games agianst the Bucks, Warriors (Ellis less Warriors) and T'Wolves. Let's handle are business and at least take 2 out of the next three games.

p0nder

Starter
if we can pull out a 6-3 record i'll be pretty impressed. I think it's very likely that we can. i can see this team ending up a 5th seed if we can come together in a big way over the next 10 games.