a thread for the Mike D supports to finally come out of the closet.

I myself have defended the man endlessly, but It is time for me to come out of the closet ( no hom0 ). I can no longer defend the man for argument sake.
He may be a good coach, with great players, but he is not the right man for the knicks. He cannot coach youth, cannot adapt, and cannot preach patience to inexperienced players, instead he pushes them to push themselves faster than their basketball IQ's can process.

He is kind of like that math teacher in high school, who graduated from columbia university, and is in charge of a remedial program, now every one has the raw capabilities of passing their regents exams, but when the teacher is writing notes faster than they can copy them down, and then yelling at them for not getting the answers right on the test, instead of slowing things down and teaching these young guys fundamentals, and implementing them in the game step by step.

you can see the great coaches like phil , pop, stan vangundy, and even doc rivers stoppppp things and start preaching basics on the corner.

when you listen in on mic'd up Mike D coaching on the sideline, hes cracking jokes, and talking to his players on a should know basis, not a how to do basis.

It has to stop

this man needs to stop orchestrating things like an offensive coordinator,

and start Fing COACHING.

your thoughts.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I was there too, trying to believe in this team and in this coach. "But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd."

D'Antoni won't be fired this season. So all the fire D'Antoni chants now are pointless. It still comes down to the end result of this whole season before a verdict is appropriate. Eventually though, I will just stop watching this team. I can't take the heartache much longer.

Great post DontForgetDerickHarper.

Also I would like to say to LJ, I hope your wrong on the Mike lasting the whole season thing.

For Donnie's final curtin calls this season in NY I hope it looks something like.....

1. Get Mello
2. Fire Mike
3. Hire JVG or another Few Knick Greats like Mark Jackson, Patrick Ewing!
4. and lastly, replace his own position with Chris Mullen.

Now is that to much to ask! :D

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
I don't think it's only the coaches fault. Not because I think he's the best coach or whatever, but I just can't believe that he tells players like Chandler or Randolph to keep taking J's instead of taking it to the hoop, not to box out, to loose focus on defense or to throw sloopy passes.
We also need a second reliable scoring option because right now we rely too much on Stat. All others are far too inconsistent. And with Ronny out, there's absolutely now D inside. A player like Gortat, Varejao or Dalembert, or even Josh Smith would help alot.

I don't think it's only the coaches fault. Not because I think he's the best coach or whatever, but I just can't believe that he tells players like Chandler or Randolph to keep taking J's instead of taking it to the hoop, not to box out, to loose focus on defense or to throw sloopy passes.
We also need a second reliable scoring option because right now we rely too much on Stat. All others are far too inconsistent. And with Ronny out, there's absolutely now D inside. A player like Gortat, Varejao or Dalembert, or even Josh Smith would help alot.

It is the coaches fault for them jacking up three after three after three

and I say this because when they hit three after three after three

he looks like the best coach in the league

his offense is built to shoot threes

are you kidding me you think that he tells them to stop shooting

the dude tells them to keep shooting

there is a reason why players in his system have career highs in three point attempts during their time under his command.

Mike D is not a terrible coach, but he is terrible for the personel we have.

quiggle

Starter
this rotten D'Antoni should have been fired right after LeBron and Bosh inked their names on Miami contracts because that was what he was supposed to do, lure the mighty fishes in. instead he got us Carsares who like now, showed no heart when he pulled out of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

anyone else tired of this co-captains, we didn't bring the effort, put the loss on me excuses?

knicksin60

Starter
You know most of D'antoni's supporters will wait until the Knicks go on their annual 3 game winning streak to come out of their hiding places and claim that we were wrong about D'antoni and that he was a good coach all along.

You will rarely see a D'antoni supporter entertain an argument against their beloved coach without putting him in the same category as the great Red Auerbach.I'm sorry, but anyone who's been saying for the past 2 years that no coach would have done a better job coaching the Knicks than D'antoni has, is keeping the Kool-Aid franchise in business.

I seriously think the Knicks would win more games without any coaches on their bench than they would with D'antoni running things.D'antoni definitely fits the motto of the post-2001 Knicks front office:"Let's throw away millions of dollars by overpaying for overrated and unproven talent." The sad thing is that Jim Dolan could be using all of that money to rebuild villages in Mumbai and Zimbabwe or take care of the homeless on Time Square yet he is blowing it on incompetent players and management who clearly have been making the Knicks an unwatchable team.

The players on the Knick roster need a wake up call.And the only way that this could ever take place is if their coach gets fired.I know it's a completely different sport, but look at how the Dallas Cowboys responded against the NY Giants last night after their coach was given the exit.The Chicago Bulls have an owner that, even though he could be cheap at times, never tolerates poor coaching and has enough testosterone in him to not get too emotionally attached to people.I'm sure that had D'antoni signed with the Bulls two years ago, he would be moving around boxes at Walmart right now.

It makes me sick to my stomach whenever I hear people say that D'antoni will most likely be coaching the Knicks until his contract with them expires.When will the front office and fans put down their Kool-Aid drinks and realize that by keeping this clown around it will only prolong the Knicks' journey out of atrocity? Jeff Van Gundy was almost fired more than 11 years ago even though he had a resume of coaching the Knicks to the playoffs yet D'antoni has a resume of averaging 30 wins a season with the Knicks and his job as coach of the Knicks is secure? Something is definitely wrong with that picture.I don't care if he's a nice guy or has a likable personality, if a coach's record with a team sucks after coaching them over a long period of time, he needs to be replaced.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
I myself have defended the man endlessly, but It is time for me to come out of the closet ( no hom0 ). I can no longer defend the man for argument sake.
He may be a good coach, with great players, but he is not the right man for the knicks. He cannot coach youth, cannot adapt, and cannot preach patience to inexperienced players, instead he pushes them to push themselves faster than their basketball IQ's can process.

He is kind of like that math teacher in high school, who graduated from columbia university, and is in charge of a remedial program, now every one has the raw capabilities of passing their regents exams, but when the teacher is writing notes faster than they can copy them down, and then yelling at them for not getting the answers right on the test, instead of slowing things down and teaching these young guys fundamentals, and implementing them in the game step by step.

you can see the great coaches like phil , pop, stan vangundy, and even doc rivers stoppppp things and start preaching basics on the corner.

when you listen in on mic'd up Mike D coaching on the sideline, hes cracking jokes, and talking to his players on a should know basis, not a how to do basis.

It has to stop

this man needs to stop orchestrating things like an offensive coordinator,

and start Fing COACHING.

your thoughts.
good post and analogy...He doesn't teach he just assumes that everyone knows whats going on...ridiculous

He is the worst coach for a young team...

He is also so stubborn that he doesnt want to add a defensive coach to his team....get this fool out of NY for good