Brandon Roy's career in Doubt???

Well, good news Blazers fans ? Brandon Roy doesn?t need surgery on his sore knees.
The bad news is, well, the reason he doesn?t need surgery, as reported by Jason Quick at the Oregonian.
There?s no meniscus left to operate on in Roy?s left knee.
?Nah. None. Not in my right, either,? Roy said Friday.
The reason Roy?s knee has been swelling up regularly, to the point where it has already been drained twice by Blazers? doctor Don Roberts this season, is because there is no cartilage to absorb the pounding associated with running and jumping.
?The problem is bone-on-bone there,? Roy said. ?Dr. Roberts calls it ?arthritic knee.? It?s just something I?m going to have to deal with for the rest of my career.?
That?s just sad news, because when healthy Roy is one of the most dynamic, athletic, exciting players in the league. And he is never going to be quite right. We should all feel a little robbed by that.
There are things Portland?s medical staff can do to keep him on the floor ? anti-inflammatory medications, rest ? but he will not be the same old guy. The current one is still a good player, one who can take the Blazers a long way. But it will not be the same.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-surgery-because-his-knees-have-no-cartilage/

wow.. hope he recovers from this. Would be sad to see another penny hardaway, Grant Hill, etc situation.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Brandon Roy is one of the best guards in the NBA, very fundamental and basketball IQ is through the roof. Even with these injuries he will still be one of the best, if injuries affect his game he will adjust and find another skill to improve to add to his repertoire.

It will be sad if I'm wrong because Brandon Roy is a very respectable player.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Sad sad shit. Remember how the Blaz were supposed to be that "Team" before the Thunder. Shit got messed up quick. Roy got 82 million bucks on a 5 year contract. He might go from their savior to their abominable contract. Hope he can come back strong though. It's fun watching him play.