Knicks @ Denver Nov 16

mafra

Legend
Miss 10 free throws.

Miss 20 3-pointers.

Miss 4 huge free throws down the stretch. Same old stuff.

iSaYughh

Starter
STAT misses another 2 huge 4th Q free throws. (5 misses on the night).

Great game from Fields. Even Gallo have a strong effort (minus the 3-point shooting.

Just look at Gallo's reel in the OP from last seasons game. Final sequence form him. He slashes and drives powerfully and fluidly for a reverse layup and 1.

A step backward, for two forward. That's been gallo's season. His shot has been shit, but all we heard before is how he's JUST some shooter, and a 1 trick pony.

Which is it?

Now he's vastly improved a lethal slashing and driving games all season, with sick consistency when he is at the line.

And what a surprise...Billy Walker...gee, wonder if he could have helped in all those 4th q meltdowns when Felton-Douglas-MasonJr were laying bricks like pro construction workers.

FREE BILLY WALKER
UNLEASH LANDRY FIELDS

iSaYughh

Starter
I think it's time AR logs more minutes. At center. I guess Moz isn't goo enough for d'ant to run some offensive plays through him to keep teams honest n shit

mafra

Legend
Knicks down by 3 points. 13 seconds left. NY has the ball.

GENIUS D'ANTONI is going to win the game with a play right? The master will design something?

His play.... Have Felton run himself into the corner, where the defender can box him in using the out-of-bounds line on 2 sides.... Put Felton in a difficult place, where he'll be isolated all alone, with nowhere to go... not to mention he can't shoot.

What happens?

Felton has ball go off his hands. DEN ball.

What a brain MD has.-******************

iSaYughh

Starter
Knicks down by 3 points. 13 seconds left. NY has the ball.

GENIUS D'ANTONI is going to win the game with a play right? The master will design something?

His play.... Have Felton run himself into the corner, where the defender can box him in using the out-of-bounds line on 2 sides.... Put Felton in a difficult place, where he'll be isolated all alone, with nowhere to go... not to mention he can't shoot.

What happens?

Felton has ball go off his hands. DEN ball.

What a brain MD has.-******************

Our worst plays in our past 5 losses, deep in games, have been following timeouts and designed plays.

They have been epic, epic fails. Like tonight's, or when we will come out and have Gallo or Chandler heave up wayward, disorganized 3s.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
all i wanna know is why would we have Fields our hottest hand out there tonight inbound on the last play, i wanted to give him the last shot.

this made me sick to my stomach i dunno how much more of this i could take honestly :barf:

mafra

Legend
Our worst plays in our past 5 losses, deep in games, have been following timeouts and designed plays.

They have been epic, epic fails. Like tonight's, or when we will come out and have Gallo or Chandler heave up wayward, disorganized 3s.

3-19 in the 1st half (9-31 overall) from downtown. That's a killer folks.

22 missed 3-pointers. If we take 11 less threes, and shoot more high pct shots... Say we make 3 of those 11.... We win this game by 7 points.

Can't survive if we're going to shoot 20+ 3s a night.

Toss in the 10 missed free throws. 5 in the 4th?

And we have another collapse late in a game. This time it came with 3 minutes left though. NOt like a whole period.

Still. NObody hits shots when we need it. NOBODY.

Chander plays 30 minutes and has ZERO rebounds. 1 ASSIST. LOL!

Gallo goes 2-10 from downtown. Felton is a disaster. Walker and Randolph barely play again. STAT is -14 or something? Our starting center has 2 rebounds and 0 points.

Oh well. At least we proved to Melo our crappy team is better than his.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Valiant effort by our KNICKS, but again poor shot selection and poor free throw shooting doom us again. Fields has a career night and so far is looking like the steal of the draft. STAT misses another set of big free throws down the stretch. You CANNOT call out your teamates and then do that. Losing streak now stands at 6 games. This team might bury itself before the All-Star break.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Valiant effort by our KNICKS, but again poor shot selection and poor free throw shooting doom us again. Fields has a career night and so far is looking like the steal of the draft. STAT misses another set of big free throws down the stretch. You CANNOT call out your teamates and then do that. Losing streak now stands at 6 games. This team might bury itself before the All-Star break.

all star break? lmaoo at this current rate the new year is a bit too generous loll the end of the month looks about right at this point smh. i was happy they started to get stat the ball in better position and thats what we gotta continue to do. and we NEED to get fields more involved on the offensive end he's earned that respect to get more plays drawn for him, he hustles on every play and moves without the ball( the rest of the team can learn from him honestly )

Paul1355

All Star
i kind of wanted this win but when u shoot 3/19 in the first half you make it almost impossible to win

Quote of the day by Mike D "You can't just stop shooting threes, you can't tell guys don't shoot and just drive"

This guy is a fool....that is exactly what he needs to tell his players if he wants to keep his job!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i kind of wanted this win but when u shoot 3/19 in the first half you make it almost impossible to win

Quote of the day by Mike D "You can't just stop shooting threes, you can't tell guys don't shoot and just drive"

This guy is a fool....that is exactly what he needs to tell his players if he wants to keep his job!

notice when we drive to the basket we play very well and become a different team, yet when we establish a rhythm on offense doing so we fall in love with the 3 again Dam'phony needs to tell them to attack attack attack and only when your open shoot the 3 but we kill ourselves when we want to establish that first. you'll never win at any level of basketball doing that, whether it be organized or at the park. they always say your inside game opens up your outside game. one of the oldest unwritten rules of the game. now its damn time we do that.

tiger0330

Legend
Man this is frustrating, I thought we outplayed Denver but we still lost. We won the battle of the boards, had more blocks, more possessions, missed fewer FTs, almost had 5 guys that had 20 point nights and still it was a loss.

Despite missing a lot of threes we had a good scoring night but when you give up 120 points that is probably going to lose you 4 out of 5 games.

jimkcchief88

All Star
all star break? lmaoo at this current rate the new year is a bit too generous loll the end of the month looks about right at this point smh. i was happy they started to get stat the ball in better position and thats what we gotta continue to do. and we NEED to get fields more involved on the offensive end he's earned that respect to get more plays drawn for him, he hustles on every play and moves without the ball( the rest of the team can learn from him honestly )

Damn right. The man gets max points from minimium shot attepts. Very high basketball IQ, really looks like a savvy vet out there. The great thing is you don't have to draw up plays for the guy, Fields just knows how to be in the right place or get himself open in high % areas by moving without the ball. D'ant should be showing film iso's of Fields to the rest of the team. It just shows how low the collective IQ is on the team when the smartest guy on the court(including the coach) is a ROOKIE.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Damn right. The man gets max points from minimium shot attepts. Very high basketball IQ, really looks like a savvy vet out there. The great thing is you don't have to draw up plays for the guy, Fields just knows how to be in the right place or get himself open in high % areas by moving without the ball. D'ant should be showing film iso's of Fields to the rest of the team. It just shows how low the collective IQ is on the team when the smartest guy on the court(including the coach) is a ROOKIE.

yea i agree, but he should be more involved honestly definitely 2nd option out of the starters and 3rd overall his game is that good and he bales out A LOT of people with his hustle.

Paul1355

All Star
notice when we drive to the basket we play very well and become a different team, yet when we establish a rhythm on offense doing so we fall in love with the 3 again Dam'phony needs to tell them to attack attack attack and only when your open shoot the 3 but we kill ourselves when we want to establish that first. you'll never win at any level of basketball doing that, whether it be organized or at the park. they always say your inside game opens up your outside game. one of the oldest unwritten rules of the game. now its damn time we do that.

the quote just proved to me why this team has sucked, its all on Mike D, he teahces these guys a certain system and never adjusts and is so stubborn to change that he would rather lose HIS way than win by chaning his way.

Doesn't he watch game tape? We always start out shooting threes and missing and fall behind big, then we stop playing Mike D basketball and start driving and drawing fouls which brings us in the games but its always too late...same old shyt different day

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the quote just proved to me why this team has sucked, its all on Mike D, he teahces these guys a certain system and never adjusts and is so stubborn to change that he would rather lose HIS way than win by chaning his way.

Doesn't he watch game tape? We always start out shooting threes and missing and fall behind big, then we stop playing Mike D basketball and start driving and drawing fouls which brings us in the games but its always too late...same old shyt different day

he's retarded he thinks every game should be played out like a 3 point contest. pathetic and when were shooting 3-19 you should abandon the 3, yet i have a feeling the only reason he brought in Walker was to give us a shooter who isnt "struggling" and could knock down some 3's. only reason why rautins got drafted cause he could shoot the 3 guy has not NBA level skills outside of it. Mike D really shouldnt be around much longer, even if we do roll out a couple of wins in a row. we always have a winning streak where it looks like we figure it out then we resort back to our ways Donnie has to let this bum go.