Knicks @ Denver Nov 16

CoolClyde

give 'Antoni a chance!

Hey, he's only been coaching Knicks for 175 games, give 'Antoni a break!
we came close to beating a tough team in their south park arena (i loved hearing Cartman cheering on assnuggets), but the 3 game once again killed us. A valiant effort nevertheless, 2nd half Knicks were driving more, shooting less 3's, Feels making plays, defense coming thru.

I can only see Knicks getting better as 'Antoni expands roster (good to see Walker popping a couple 3's), gets team to take better shots, and keep opponents under 120 points.

Give the coach 200 games to get some wins, eventually we will get the Big 3 'Antman needs to win, or at least one of the league's top PG's to run the SSOL. I see the Knicks winning more, losing less, scoring more, defending more, hitting 3's, missing 3's, run run run shoot shoot shoot mustache mustache mustache.
nyk_wesuck.jpg

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I saw us go down by like 13 or so and I turned off my feed. Good to know we made a comeback and didn't lie down. Still the outside shooting woes has got to show the coaching staff they need to take another approach. We don't have the Suns who have excellent 3 point shooters. To me when I look at the roster we are best when getting to the bucket and getting to the line and causing some chaos with our big athletic guys.

What is the point of having these athletes if were going to have them sit out on the 3 pt line and jack up threes at ill advised times. The one play I did catch and was seriously upset by was when we had a break and I think we had numbers or at least Gallo could have driven and gotten a foul. Gallo was on the break and nobody was on him and he stopped took a step back and jacked up a three that was short. That really pissed me off. Take it to the rack. Your bigger, more athletic, good with the ball, and could have more then likely drawn a few defenders off the other knicks and kicked it out. More options open up when you drive the lane.

Not only that, but it will then open up people on the perimeter and I would hope getting some easy buckets first gives the team some momentum.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Two things are killing us this season. Felton and 3-point shooting.

I haven't seen a single pass by Felton hit his man in rhythm. Not in the pick and roll, or in transition or even in a kick out. All of his passes are indecisive and with hesitation. I would bet our outside shooting would be a little better if Felton was able to hit his man in rhythm. And there is no need to discuss the pick-and-roll. Felton sucks at it and it essentially doesn't exist.

The 3-point shooting is just the fact that we don't have many good 3-point shooters. Gallo is the only decent one and he's been in a funk for most of the season. The rest are career sub-par 3-point shooters. So either D'Antoni changes his style or we go get better 3-point shooters (*ehem* Rudy Fernandez).

That is how we fix this. Better PG + better shooters OR different coach with different philosophy.

mafra

Legend
Two things are killing us this season. Felton and 3-point shooting.

I haven't seen a single pass by Felton hit his man in rhythm. Not in the pick and roll, or in transition or even in a kick out. All of his passes are indecisive and with hesitation. I would bet our outside shooting would be a little better if Felton was able to hit his man in rhythm. And there is no need to discuss the pick-and-roll. Felton sucks at it and it essentially doesn't exist.

The 3-point shooting is just the fact that we don't have many good 3-point shooters. Gallo is the only decent one and he's been in a funk for most of the season. The rest are career sub-par 3-point shooters. So either D'Antoni changes his style or we go get better 3-point shooters (*ehem* Rudy Fernandez).

That is how we fix this. Better PG + better shooters OR different coach with different philosophy.

Can't agree more. Felton and this system do not fit. Felton is OK, but the fact we don't have a backup PG, or any real bona fide SG.... just exacerbates the situation.

When we went 3-19 from downtown in the first half, you just knew we were doomed. Incredible how a coach would permit such nonsense.

It's to the point right now where the only way we win is if we hit 10+ three-pointers. And you know we wont win unless we knock down a few 3s late in the 4th. All or nothing.

And what was with that final play? MD has Fields inbounding? HAs Felton run to the corner (where he's pinned in)? I thought MD was a genius at drawing up plays?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
:update:
Joe Alexander just got waived by the Hornets.

Maybe the Knicks can sign him, and we'll have two busts who were drafted in the top 10 of the 2008 draft?:lol:

During the post game interview, a reporter commented on the coach’s love for the 3 ball. He said “I’m not going to tell them to not shoot it if it’s not falling, that’s my system and they will keep shooting until they start falling.” You can see the hurt and frustration on his face when he had to answer that question. After the comment, he cut the interview short and hurried up out of there. lol, He is so freaking stubborn.

In the second half the Knicks were making a great come back… all because they temporarily stop shooting the deep ball and took it to the rack. I don’t know if that was the coaches’ decision or the players took it upon themselves to do that because it’s simple common sense. Gallo continued to shoot poorly but he helped out with foul shots, maybe a light went on in his head and he realized taking it in more instead of chucking them up will give him a better opportunity at getting some points. But his defense is still terrible; he continues to be the poster child of vicious dunks. After Chandler</ST1:p tied the game, Gallo shot up an ill advised 3 and Felton fumbled an inbounds pass. Those 2 plays right there hurt us, big time…. but probably not as much as the coaches’ awful use of time management. Why didn’t the coach call a time out or foul when we were under a minute? At that point both teams were shooting bad from the foul line, we had a great chance at pulling this one out if we kept sending them to the line. He wasted about 30 seconds, that bit of time could have made a big difference. Yeah, he was out coach, again.

btw, what kind of new defensive scheme is this coach using, anyway? It taking our players away from the boards and creates too many wide open looks for the opposition.