Official I support Mike D'Antoni thread

p0nder

Starter
Can you just imagine anyone going out of their way to meet someone from the internet, to fight? like toons is gonna send like $1000 on a plane ticket, $200 on a hotel for a night, spending money, cab money to get to your area and then challenge nyk to a fight or something?

Can anyone imagine anyone doing something so ****ing retarded as that? that is about the stupidest shit i've ever heard. but if it happened i'd want video proof.

on to KNICKS BASKETBALL:

While I agree that we are not a great defensive team, that's not what D'antoni has been trying to sell us. he wants defense, but clearly he is an offensive minded coach and despite his talks about defense this team needs to be on the same page offensively for us to succeed. We are practicing offense and working on that right now.

We are improved defensively because we have better players that are willing to play good defense for us. Defense is more of a hustle and fight area for basketball anyways. Most teams do rely on defensive grit and determination rather then specific defensive sets. There are only so many things you can do with a defense, different zone combinations or man to man. You could break down kobe's game tape all day, but in the end it's the effort and energy guys that will shut him down not a specific defensive set or "brilliant coaching".

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah. The problem last year was that we had a bunch of players (Nate Robinson, David Lee, Al Harrington) who just...didn't play defense...at all, really...

Replace Robinson with Douglas, Lee with STAT (who isn't great but admittedly is pretty good) and give Harrington's role to Chandler and now we're a much better team defensively. Felton has energy and hustles, Fields plays smart D, Gallo is always improving, Mozgov blocks shots and Stoudemire despite not being an amazing defender is getting better at it...beats the old team defense

Yeah. The problem last year was that we had a bunch of players (Nate Robinson, David Lee, Al Harrington) who just...didn't play defense...at all, really...

Replace Robinson with Douglas, Lee with STAT (who isn't great but admittedly is pretty good) and give Harrington's role to Chandler and now we're a much better team defensively. Felton has energy and hustles, Fields plays smart D, Gallo is always improving, Mozgov blocks shots and Stoudemire despite not being an amazing defender is getting better at it...beats the old team defense
HOW COULD YOU FORGET THE MOST IMPORTANT MAN IN THIS AREA FOR US!?

turiaf.jpg

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Dog don't come on here talking tough when you have no idea who your directing it to. I'm POSITIVE you don't wanna see me outside your little internet world so please be easy homie. I post on here cause i'm a Knicks fan but please do not come at me like that unless you really wanna see me. I have NO PROBLEM giving you my location since I know you will never do it. Seriously, please be easy homie. This is not a game.

Watch out bros and hoes we got a tough guy. I'm scared already.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Dog don't come on here talking tough when you have no idea who your directing it to. I'm POSITIVE you don't wanna see me outside your little internet world so please be easy homie. I post on here cause i'm a Knicks fan but please do not come at me like that unless you really wanna see me. I have NO PROBLEM giving you my location since I know you will never do it. Seriously, please be easy homie. This is not a game.

hahaha bitch ass *****
where im from, we dont watch faces....anyone could get dropped
so i dont give a fu-ck who you are, i talk to everyone however the fu-ck i feel....if u have a problem, ask someone smart enough to show you how to block me, or ignore my posts...asshole
how about you hop on a plane and come to the Bahamas to see me? Hahaha, i just came from the beach yesterday homie....smoking joints on my jet ski...drinkin a kalik...
cool off and put on ur hoodie *****....
its like a zero chance me n u will ever meet ever in life
so how about you stop acting tough... lmao, come see you?
you really think its that serious?
its 75 degrees out here!

KNICKS ALL DAY EVERY ****-IN DAY!!!!

Toons

is the Bo$$
Thank you! That's all I'm trying to say about the defense but since guys see that we average more blocks and steals they automatically assume TEAM defense is so great. Some guys need to stop being stat boys and actually watch the games.

To everyone who still can't comprehend this, please go check some old Knicks games from the 90's. Those teams weren't averaging the blocks or getting the amount of steals this team gets BUT they were a far superior defensive team. LOL @ dudes using differential blocks and point difference to gauge team defense. Go watch some games man!

i DIDNT SAY TEAM DEFENSE IT ELITE DUMMY.

i said it was a great improvement over last year, and your blocks and steals indicate that. Mainly because we have a new cast of players. When shooting above 40% from 3 the knicks are 5 and 0

The old knicks were a half court team
i watch all knicks games
i play fantasy ball with amare and felton on my squad
lol at u tellin me watch games....
. Bottom line, Ibelieve in Mike...eff what u herrd

I said, read the 'Mind of Dantoni' Thread. Its a system players have to buy into. The players are buying into it, and so am i. why? because im a knick too!

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Why is everyone so caught up on pick and roll? like that one tired ass play will be the savior of the knicks. The pick n Roll works best when teams play man to man. It gives us the option to capitalize on mismatches and we can set more effective picks if our spacing is right. I said it before in the 'Mind of Dantoni' thread that our offense is our problem. We need to hit open shots....point blank.
we won over 20 games with pick and roll alone in the past and now we have an upgrade at PG and PF so we should be using it constantly.

Amare is the best at this play so why no use it?

Felton can't pass to Amare on the p and r because he doesnt drive deep enough to the basket so the second defender can double him, leaving Amare open for the slam

Toons

is the Bo$$
we won over 20 games with pick and roll alone in the past and now we have an upgrade at PG and PF so we should be using it constantly.

Amare is the best at this play so why no use it?

Felton can't pass to Amare on the p and r because he doesnt drive deep enough to the basket so the second defender can double him, leaving Amare open for the slam this makes no sense. why would a second defender double felton? is that a givin that felton will get doubled? why would a defender leave their man, to double felton? if amare is setting the pick, why is felton driving to the basket? just shut up paul, ur embarrassing yourself.

oooooooh 20 games? woooooooow
20 paula?
did you not see david lee's jumpshot improve off of the pick and pop?
we probably scored 10 points a game off the pick n roll last season.
really paula, its not that big of a play
we are winning, using actual offensive sets that look good to watch, and you still complain, ''waaaah waaaah waaaah, we didnt do the pick n roll, i want to get duhon back to we can pick n roll and turn mozgov into a 20,, 10 guy, an make stat a 30 ppg player''
gtfohwtbs

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Toons is just mad cause he knows it's just a matter of time before D'Antoni gets fired. Don't even listen to him.

D'Antoni's record with the Knicks: 65-111(.369)

You realize the first 2 years were sacrificed to dump contracts right!?!?! This technically is his first year as the coach. I am 100% sure when he interviewed for the job Walsh warned him that he will be basically dumping 2 years while they rebuild. I mean I read what you guys say about him and I am sure he is aware of what the papers and talk shows are saying so it has to be excruciating to sit back for 2 years and except losing because of a far off plan like dumping contracts and getting cap friendly. Now he and Walsh are putting together the team they want and feel the can, over time, win and stay competitive for a long time. We see what this team can and can't do now with the current players. To me, they look like they are 1 maybe 2 players away form being a top 10 team' maybe even top 6 or 5.... We are close my friends!! Real close!!!

nyk_nyk

All Star
hahaha bitch ass *****
where im from, we dont watch faces....anyone could get dropped
so i dont give a fu-ck who you are, i talk to everyone however the fu-ck i feel....if u have a problem, ask someone smart enough to show you how to block me, or ignore my posts...asshole
how about you hop on a plane and come to the Bahamas to see me? Hahaha, i just came from the beach yesterday homie....smoking joints on my jet ski...drinkin a kalik...
cool off and put on ur hoodie *****....
its like a zero chance me n u will ever meet ever in life
so how about you stop acting tough... lmao, come see you?
you really think its that serious?
its 75 degrees out here!

KNICKS ALL DAY EVERY ****-IN DAY!!!!

Your right I probably will never see your gay ass. However, if you EVER feel the need to visit NY, I DARE you to talk tough where I can see you. U WILL GET STOMPED THE **** OUT and I put everything on that. See the problem is some dudes get real comfortabe and safe talking shit on here knowing they can't be directly located.

I apologize to all the real peeps on KOL for this nonsense but some people really need their face smashed in. This will be my last post regarding that bitch as TOONS. Like I said man, if your ever in NY I DARE YOU to act tough anywhere I can see you. I'll even video that shit for everyone on here as proof.

@knickzrulezH20: The same goes for you too man. Don't talk if you gonna hide behind your PC.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You realize the first 2 years were sacrificed to dump contracts right!?!?! This technically is his first year as the coach. I am 100% sure when he interviewed for the job Walsh warned him that he will be basically dumping 2 years while they rebuild.

So you're telling me James Dolan paid Mike D'Antoni 12 million dollars in his first 2 seasons to lose?

I don't think so.

Walsh's 2010 plan failed, so it's either playoffs or fired for D'Antoni.

If D'Antoni was technically in his first season, why is there a 90% chance he will be fired, if the Knicks don't make the playoffs this year?

Is it maybe because he's in his 3rd year coaching, and Knick fans like myself and others are tired of losing?

I'm happy the Knicks have been on a winning streak, but they're only 1.5 games out of 14th place in the East.

The Knicks have done these mini win streaks before, in each of their last 6 losing seasons.

Unless the Knicks can get above .500 and maintain it for 3 weeks, I'm not impressed.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Your right I probably will never see your gay ass. However, if you EVER feel the need to visit NY, I DARE you to talk tough where I can see you. U WILL GET STOMPED THE **** OUT and I put everything on that. See the problem is some dudes get real comfortabe and safe talking shit on here knowing they can't be directly located.

I apologize to all the real peeps on KOL for this nonsense but some people really need their face smashed in. This will be my last post regarding that bitch as TOONS. Like I said man, if your ever in NY I DARE YOU to act tough anywhere I can see you. I'll even video that shit for everyone on here as proof.

@knickzrulezH20: The same goes for you too man. Don't talk if you gonna hide behind your PC.

Listen here you lil *****
only because im bored at work, im gonna respond to your foolishness....
internet fighting guy? really now? how old are u? 12?
broke ass will probably never see the bahamas in ur lifetime, so yeah, i might come visit NY....probably to watch a game...i understand how poor folk like you need cash, so ill buy you a ticket.
Come on now, im too old for fighting. i dont do face smash ins lol
I aim for the head.

no one takes you serious, u probably need friends or something.

Shots fa snots!!!

Toons

is the Bo$$
Is it maybe because he's in his 3rd year coaching, and Knick fans like myself and others are tired of losing?

I'm happy the Knicks have been on a winning streak, but they're only 1.5 games out of 14th place in the East.

The Knicks have done these mini win streaks before, in each of their last 6 losing seasons.

Unless the Knicks can get above .500 and maintain it for 3 weeks, I'm not impressed.

cosign this post, damn, 1.5 out of 14th place? we need to pick it up.
I believe we will though....
Turiaff had an important quote after the cats game
he said he wasnt happy about the win...he was really upset that they let a 16 pt lead go in the 4th. My hopes r up....but i can see why urs is down.
as a knick fan, i feel ur pain brother, but 10 new players is something to be optimistic about...feel me?

smokes

Huge Member

Guess what genius, this is the internet, if you hadn't realised... People can say whatever the hell they want and you have no power to stop them. Sooner this fact dawns on you the sooner you can chill the **** out, son.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

Bro please stop your scaring me. I wish I could be tough and cool like you.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
So you're telling me James Dolan paid Mike D'Antoni 12 million dollars in his first 2 seasons to lose?

I don't think so.

Walsh's 2010 plan failed, so it's either playoffs or fired for D'Antoni.

If D'Antoni was technically in his first season, why is there a 90% chance he will be fired, if the Knicks don't make the playoffs this year?

Dolan paid what ever it took to lock up Mike D and.... YES... They sat Mike down and said, look we are going to dump salary and try to undo the mess that Isiah left here. They also stated that the plan was not only to dump salary but to sign 2 max contracts as well. Not sure if you heard Walsh on WFAN right after he was hired but that is exactly what he said. He said he was going to get control of the cap situation and he stated he wanted to do that within 3 years.... If they were just concerned with wining right from the start, the would of kept Zach Randolph and Crawford... If you remember they were wining at first. Not able to beat Boston but still they were wining.

KBlack25

Starter
I think part of the $12 million was to help try and bring in free agents. You can say the 2010 plan failed but I truly believe without D'Antoni we would not have even gotten Stoudemire, our consolation prize (albeit one that is paying dividends). But that's ifs and buts.

Right now, this team is 8-8, and though it's early we are half a game back of the Miami Heat.

Now, as far as the 3 weeks at .500, I hear the sentiment, but the fact is, as sad as it is, .500 probably puts us in playoff position. At the end of the day, for me, it's playoffs or bust. I have been happy with the play recently, but I don't care if they sustain .500 for 10 weeks if they wind up out of the playoffs...that's unacceptable.

This team needs to be out of the lottery. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. The past 5 games look promising, but just like I didn't go ape shit about an early losing streak, I'm not going to pop wood about an early winning streak. Judge this team, as a whole, after 82 games. But in the moment it looks promising.

p0nder

Starter
I saw D'antoni on Pardon the Interuption before the Raptors game on friday. He was happy with their play of late but felt that they could be better. He also said that he was waiting for this week to really see where the team was at. His sentiments really mirrored KBlack's where he was happy with the play, but not projecting finals apperances or anything.

He also laughed off the Melo deal, saying "We'll see where other guys are" etc, totally avoiding the issue, which is expected.

I think he is a very realistic coach with a good understanding of the ins and outs of the NBA season. He is great for the guys getting playing time, but i don't know how much help guys like AR and bill walker are getting from playing on his team. He's going to take this team to the playoffs and that's all I asked for from him this year.