Hate to break it to you guys but....

Landry is as good as gone. if the Nuggets make a Trade with us for Melo, he's the first guy they would want along with Will.

Also anybody else think Melo looks better without the Headband? I always thought Headband players were kinda Douchey.

No comment about Melo's looks...

But yeah I agree on the Nuggets most likely requesting fields if we are going to work out a trade for Melo.. Chandler and Gallo are 50-50 split on who they may ask for imo.. BUT.. If we wait til trade deadline we can throw out a shit offer.. All the pressure would be on Denver at that point because it would be their last chance to get something in return for him should he walk away..

mafra

Legend
I doubt it. Gallo had the best game of his career against DEN last season, and they don't want him.

I say screw DEN. Call their bluff, watch deadline pass and then just sign Melo when the season's over.

No comment about Melo's looks...

But yeah I agree on the Nuggets most likely requesting fields if we are going to work out a trade for Melo.. Chandler and Gallo are 50-50 split on who they may ask for imo.. BUT.. If we wait til trade deadline we can throw out a shit offer.. All the pressure would be on Denver at that point because it would be their last chance to get something in return for him should he walk away..
Yeah but a team like the Bulls might throw together some kind of 3 team trade so we always gotta be ready for a trade war.

I would love to keep Landry though. He is so Talented, and has such a great basketball IQ, Imagine how good he will be 2 years from now! he could be putting up All Star numbers!

Paul1355

All Star
Landry is as good as gone. if the Nuggets make a Trade with us for Melo, he's the first guy they would want along with Will.

Also anybody else think Melo looks better without the Headband? I always thought Headband players were kinda Douchey.
Fields is one guy we should lock up and make untradeable.

But i see what your saying, Fields is the only consistent young player on this team.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If I was GM I don't know what I'd do.

I want to keep Fields and Chandler. If we waited for free agency we'd be able to keep Gallo too. Gonna be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Paul1355

All Star
If I was GM I don't know what I'd do.

I want to keep Fields and Chandler. If we waited for free agency we'd be able to keep Gallo too. Gonna be interesting to see how it all unfolds.
id trade Gallo and Chandler before trading Fields....think about it.

Fields is consistent where Chandler and Gallo are not.

Fields can actually play as a solid SG where Chandler and Gallo have to play either a 3 or a 4.

Imagine a lineup of:
Felton
Fields
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

No inconsistency, all smart players, the only thing hurting is a strong bench but Mike D likes a short rotation anyways.

Fields is more valuable.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wait untill Melo become a 2011 FA

Landry Fields is the "Bright-Spot" of the Knicks this season, the Knicks do have a history
of getting rid of their bright-spot players (since Lonnie Shelton, Sugar Ray, Ray Williams,
Anthony Mason, Starks, Sprewell, KVH, Ariza, Nate, Lee).

The Denver Nuggets is a defensive team with Nene, K-Mart, Birdman, Carter, Billups.
The last 5 years the Denver organization been building the Nuggets team around high
scoring Carmelo Anthony defenseless talent.

I would not give the Denver Nuggets Fields & Will for Melo. Hell No!
The Nuggets would have a chance at becoming a better team in that trade by signing
FA Zach Randolph in the offseason (Nene, Zach, Birdman, Harrington, Will, Fields, JR Smith,
Billups, and Ty Lawson). That rotation of players would be a contender in the 2011-12 season.
HELL NO!!!

Last edited:

iJoe

Rotation player
Landry Fields is the "Bright-Spot" of the Knicks this season, the Knicks do have a history
of getting rid of their bright-spot players (since Lonnie Shelton, Sugar Ray, Ray Williams,
Anthony Mason, Starks, Sprewell, KVH, Ariza, Nate, Lee).

The Denver Nuggets is a defensive team with Nene, K-Mart, Birdman, Carter, Billups.
The last 5 years the Denver organization been building the Nuggets team around high
scoring Carmelo Anthony defenseless talent.

I would not give the Denver Nuggets Fields & Will for Melo. Hell No!
The Nuggets would have a chance at becoming a better team in that trade by signing
FA Zach Randolph in the offseason (Nene, Zach, Birdman, Harrington, Will, Fields, JR Smith,
Billups, and Ty Lawson). That rotation of players would be a contender in the 2011-12 season.
HELL NO!!!

You're kidding when you say Nene, Zach, Birdman, Harrington, Will, Fields, JR Smith, Billups and Lawson would be contenders right? They'd be destroyed by the likes of the Spurs and Mavs, not even looking at teams like the Lakers.

I remember when Channing Frye was untouchable... that turned out great right? :barf:

The problem is people naturally want to keep players when they're doing good and trade them when they're bad. It doesn't work that way. The best scenario is to give up a player when they're performing above their level to get the best value. We're not gonna get any trade value for someone whos in a slump.

You're kidding when you say Nene, Zach, Birdman, Harrington, Will, Fields, JR Smith, Billups and Lawson would be contenders right? They'd be destroyed by the likes of the Spurs and Mavs, not even looking at teams like the Lakers.

I remember when Channing Frye was untouchable... that turned out great right? :barf:

The problem is people naturally want to keep players when they're doing good and trade them when they're bad. It doesn't work that way. The best scenario is to give up a player when they're performing above their level to get the best value. We're not gonna get any trade value for someone whos in a slump.

5 Star post!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

I get what you're saying, but Fields AND Will? I don't like it.

Melo might WANT to play with those two. He might be just hoping for the FA.

If it was one of the two, I wouldn't like it, but very understandable. I don't want to trade both though.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
id trade Gallo and Chandler before trading Fields....think about it.

Fields is consistent where Chandler and Gallo are not.

Ciao Paul,
is there any chance that you're going to change your mind on Gallo consistency ? What this guy needs to do ?

New New York

Quiet Storm
SO BE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember Channing Frye? Great start to his rookie season, had some thinking he shouldve been drafted #1 (over Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and Bogut) he was untradable to us thus NY not being able to nab Artest who was lobbying to be a Knick.

Fast forward and re-visit that trade and we are talking steal for us!

We've also turned down deals for Frank Williams and Micheal Sweetney in the past!

This summer there was those who thought I was crazy for suggesting Randolph and Gallo for Melo

Nuff said.

Hot rookie starts don't mean that they are on their way to stardom in the league (just like slow starts don't mean bust) sometimes we have seen the best from them (think Channing Frye) I like Feilds and the intangiables he brings, he is the biggest steal in this year's draft hands down

But is he really the deal breaker for us getting Melo?

Now....being that Melo is a FA next season there is the possibility that we don't give up jack to get him and just sign him out right, but if we are talking strictly trades here, then Feilds will be apart of the package and with no 1st rounders to throw in their Feilds is certainley a nice compensation for a lack of picks.

Also untradable is a dumb concept when a team is rebuilding....To quote two revolutionist

"The biggest mistake a man can make is to think he isnt expendable, truth is anyone can be replaced"

-Che

"By any means neccessary"

-Malcom X

If Melo was on The Knicks this season we would be 9-4 as oppossed to 5-8, thats the difference between being 4th in the East and 10th!

Laundry Feilds can be had!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

Just like the Knicks didn't get Lebron James, they're not getting Carmelo Anthony.

Paul1355

All Star
Ciao Paul,
is there any chance that you're going to change your mind on Gallo consistency ? What this guy needs to do ?

He has to constantly look for an open lane to drive. He has to draw fouls because when he drives he almost draws a foul automatically because Gallo is a good actor and can flop. He has to post up more, no one can stop a 6'10 shooter in the post.

Gallo struggles when he settles for the outside shot and does nothing else.

On defense Gallo allows guys to drive off him with their dominate hand. Look at the game when Paul Peirce destroyed Gallo on simple lay ups. Gallo allowed Pierce to drive with is right hand open lane! That is probably on Mike D but still, Gallo can't allow that, that is fundamentals, force a guy to go to his non dominate hand.

The reason why Gallo has to look to drive is because teams play him tight on the ball. The only thing that will allow teams to give you some room is either being fast off the ball and coming off screens like Ray Allen or by constantly driving which forces teams to play you back to guard the drive.

Then once Gallo learns this and does it every night, he can be consistent and can be very good.

He is not at that point right now, and it might take years.

The problem I have with Gallo is that Knick fans have been preaching what I just told you since he came in the NBA and he still hasn't learned these things and he hasn't posted up or drove every game. That is on the coaching staff but watching game tape can solve Gallo's problems, I dont see the complicated matter.

And Gallo needs to get angry. He plays at hi best when he is pissed off, example would be when he faced Melo last year and scored 30 points with Melo in his face. He only did that because Melo was talking trash to him.

Gallo needs to apporach a game being pissed off and do what I said at the top of my post....then this guy can average 20 ppg easy.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
The Nuggets are as good as gone. From relevancy.

They ****ed themselves grossly mis-evaluating Gallo, and disrespecting him and Donnie's negotiations. Now Walsh is going to serve up revenge, ice cold.

Pretty soon DEN will be begging for Gallo straight up as Walsh laughs and hangs up, while Carmelo licks his shop over prime NYC real estate to join.

Gallo is reverse hijacking DEN leverage. Walsh could trade w DEN easier. But for same reasons Melo will want to sit tight even more and just flock to NYC as absolute priority #1.