New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers Game Thread 11/20/10

How many games do you want the Knicks to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iSaYughh

Starter
Another rampage for Gallo. 13/13 from line. 7/11. 30+ points. Solid D, steals, some dishing and boarding,

And you can't put a price on having the confidence and ability to take over games, finish games off....

If we can snag a M. Gasol this offseason we are mint. With OR without Melo!!!

A legit bigman 5 with defense and offensive production. Alongside STAT and Gallo. L.E.T.H.A.L.

Felton is Felton. Btw, how come his .480+ shooting and like .390 3pt %.....and 7+ assists is going so under the radar..

We may have found a 17-7-5 with speed and solid D and solid range, slowly finding his way into D'ant's style.

We be looking like a legit team. With cap and assets.

If Melo could play the 2, that'd be unreal. But if he can't, we may want to truly hang tight for a SG to power move into. Or if Melo is just a FA, which would be too much to resist for Walsh no matter his position and the clash with Gallo.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
I really want to believe in this team, all considered I still think the jury is out on what type of season we will have. While I am happy that our team had a positive road trip 3-1, The teams we beat were crappy and missing key pieces. This smells a lot like those wins against Chicago and Washington.

Gallo: I'm giving him a whole 2 paragraphs here because I have been impressed with his play of late. He has cut down his errors include forced shots and settling for 3's. While Gallo has been hitting 3's at a reasonable pace, he will become a consistent third option if he can get to the line and into the paint the way he has in these last 3 games.

Gallo seems to have settled down a bit and between STAT, Gallo and Felton we are closing out teams in the fourth. Forget his 30 points, 17 in the fourth is by far the most promising stat of this game. Gallo has been delivering points at critical times in the game: Ending runs, delivering dagger 3's, getting to and being automatic at the line. The question that remains is can he play like this against the teams that matter.

While these victories allows fans to take a sigh of relief, I still think they haven't proven much. The Knicks got some comfortable wins against 3 College Teams, you have to expect that. Knicks still got a laundry list of things to improve.

1. Defense - The Knicks have been playing decent defense in spurts. Other times you see guys like Eric Gordon get a wide open lane to the hole that ends in an uncontested dunk. That speaks more to team defense as individual defense just maybe a strong suit on this team. If the Knicks can eliminate mental lapses and mis-communications holding teams to 100 or less and winning comfortably at around 107-110. Being so reliant on our offense is a risky preposition, (don't expect 40 and 30 from STAT and Gallo every night.)

2. Dominating at the Garden - is what the visitors doing this season Knicks are 1-4 at home and if they expect to make the playoffs they gotta hold serve at home. A win against the Bobcats (5-8) is key.

3. Remember how you are winning: Knicks need to continue to move the ball, keep 3 point shooting down and playing good defense.

Side note: If Anthony "Potential" Randolph doesn't play a single minute for the rest of the season will anyone care?

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
While it's obvious the Knicks have been padding the win column with "easy" prey.... TOR, WASH, LAC, SAC.... Teams like that. STILL, Knicks aren't the type of team that should assume any game is a gimme... SO...

Let's just say.... in order for the Knicks to win.... They need that 3rd scoring option to emerge ESPECIALLY in the 4th quarter. Douglas did it twice, and now Gallo has done it 3 times.

STAT-FELTON is not enough to carry the load down the stretch of games.

Basically, in order to win, Gallo/Douglas/Chandler... One of these 3 have to be there to get baskets when the game is winding down. Do that and we win.

Let's go 7-3 in the next 10 and really get back on track.

6-8 now.... Go 7-3 the next 10 games and get to 13-11. The schedule gets hard then, but we should have confidence (after going on a 13-3 run).

petescud

Starter
First things first. Blake Griffin is a Beast. Secondly, why does it look like we have so few set plays, and why so few pick and rolls. Looks like even against the weakest defense in the league, we labor to set plays. This must change

For now bro, in about 2-3 years Griffin is going to be a 26 pt 12 reb type guy. That is assuming he doesn't pull a Greg Oden lol.

Yeah or he could debut with 20 and 14 (less than a month ago) then have a 44p 15r 7a game less than a month into his career. The dude is boss, so exciting to watch in this game.

Really excited the knicks are on a 3 game streak and hope they can take it through to the bobcats game and get it done there too. My boy gallo is killing right now

Great GameTo Watch

Very cool game thread. This was one of the best games I've watched in a long time. Blake Griffin is for real, but Amar'e gave better than he took, since we won.

Still the Knicks' defense sucked butt-wind. How many times do you let opponents skate through the defense with a free path to the rim. Crazy.

But it was fun.

CoolClyde

another great win over a sh*tty team!

once again, Knicks looking great against sh*tty team.
2 games in a row one opponent scores over 40+.
another game in which Knicks give up 110+ points.
aside from continued crappy defense, a hallmark of any 'Antoni team,
Knicks continue to score more, which is the way mustachecoach wins.

can Gallipini continue excellent play, going to line more than he shoots 3's?
can Feltip continue the driving dishing swishing teardrop excellence?
can STUD continue domination?
can Mrs. Fields continue to fold laundry?

I assume the answer is yes and no, what I like is the fact that Knicks are
getting to the free throw line more than they're shooting 3's.

Keys:
43-51 FTA - amazing!
11-24 from 3 - great!
22 dimes to 11 TOs - excellent!

Felton +18 +/- (20 pts, 7 dimes, 7 steals - awesomeness)
Laundry +13 +/- (slowly becoming my favorite Knick)
Gallipini +12 +/- (another fantastic clutch game, bravisimo!)
Moscow +8 +/- (one poor defensive play, good presence)
and
Tony Chill -8 +/- (wha happen there? clutch 3's...!)

Skywalker not doing much, I'd rather see Randolph get some minutes rather than stew in the D'oghouse.
the poor boys confidence is wilting each DNP! sadface! :(

Blake Griffin is a behemoth, happy to see STUD school him with sheer w'illpower.

good game all around by the big 3, STUD, Feltip and Gallipini, each with 40+ minutes.
will they last the season with short rotay? only time will tellyo!

KBlack25

Starter
false, Gallo's shooting is only good if he drives to the basket so defenders dont know to play him tight or not, then Gallo's shooting is better

Co-sign. Recently though it's like a switch flipped in Gallo's mind realizing he could take the ball to the hoop once in a while. Hopefully he stays doing that.