Amare wins player of the week in the East.

Nov 22, 2010 2:38 PM EST
Westbrook_Russell_okc.jpg
The New York Knicks? Amar`e Stoudemire and the Oklahoma City Thunder?s Russell Westbrook today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively for games played Monday, Nov. 15, through Sunday, Nov. 21.
Stoudemire averaged 29.0 points on .608 shooting from the field, 9.5 rebounds and compiled eight blocks, leading the Knicks to a 3-1 week on a four-game west coast road trip. The Knicks? captain posted a point/rebound double-double in each of New York?s three wins during the week and scored a season-high 39 points while adding 11 boards in a victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday night.
Westbrook led the Thunder to a 4-0 week, averaging 23.0 points, 7.8 assists and 3.5 rebounds. With 7.3 seconds remaining, Westbrook connected on two free-throws at Milwaukee to help secure the team?s fourth consecutive victory.
Via Press Release <iframe src="http://api.tweetmeme.com/button.js?url=http%3A//www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70208/20101122/westbrook_amare_named_players_of_the_week/&style=normal&source=realgmcom&o=http%3A//www.realgm.com/&b=1" frameborder="0" height="61" scrolling="no" width="50"></iframe>

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70208/20101122/westbrook_amare_named_players_of_the_week/

nice..

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Congrats, STAT. He's been playing like he did in Phoenix last year. I like what I'm seeing from Stoudemire, but I'm not surprised by his play. He's a perennial All Star.

:gony:

All the Knicks need to do is fire D'Antoni, and this team will do big things next year. Too bad the Knicks are infected with the D'Antoni disease this year.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
NICE!

Hopefully it encourages him to be even more successful.

Now all he has to do to prove he really is a legit superstar is bring the same numbers against tougher teams.

The thing I've liked best about his more refined game is his passing. In ball movement and set plays where he has been the focal passer.

ap-73755cfd010140cc8dd4f5b142858293.jpg

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Congrats, STAT. He's been playing like he did in Phoenix last year. I like what I'm seeing from Stoudemire, but I'm not surprised by his play. He's a perennial All Star.

:gony:

All the Knicks need to do is fire D'Antoni, and this team will do big things next year. Too bad the Knicks are infected with the D'Antoni disease this year.

Not true... the reason we started winning is because D'antoni realized what was wrong and fixed it. I didn't like him but you gotta give respect where it's due. They're running better plays focused on getting easy shots inside unlike the failing p&r which didn't work cause everyone knew it was coming. And the 3 point shot wasn't falling.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
cant say im surprised. STAT is the best PF in the league, he's creating his own shot and getting the ball in his high efficiency area. he's getting to the line and he's stepped up his D. dude is just what the doctor ordered on this team, he's really pushing the other players and making them realize they could have something special.

im expecting him to continue this level of play through the end of the season. he'll finish around 25 and 9

Not true... the reason we started winning is because D'antoni realized what was wrong and fixed it

correct. and the boys have executed well. stats getting used to knicks basketball and has cut down the excessive turnovers too. get behind the big fella, he is shaping up for a big season and lets hope we end up seeing him go to work in the playoffs

cant say im surprised. STAT is the best PF in the league, he's creating his own shot and getting the ball in his high efficiency area. he's getting to the line and he's stepped up his D. dude is just what the doctor ordered on this team, he's really pushing the other players and making them realize they could have something special.

im expecting him to continue this level of play through the end of the season. he'll finish around 25 and 9
Hard to put him above Pau but yes he definitiely is top 3.

CoolClyde

STUD admirer

STUD has stopped trying to take it to the basket when he's defended by 3 men standing in the post, unless he's in a rhythm and the opposition is moving while guarding him. he's stopped banging knees conjuring offensive fouls, instead has been hitting Feltip and Folds on reverse pickandrolls and backdoor plays. Solid contribution from the STUDmaster, congrats on a well-deserved Eastern Conference Player of the Strong!
:beer:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Well-deserved.

I think the reason STAT is getting good numbers is cause Gallo is no longer a black hole...when Gallo's shot is on he forces the other team to have to pull a man out onto him. And because Gallo is so tall, it's usually a PF or SF which makes it even easier for STAT to get to the rim...I like it.