New York Knicks @ Charlotte Bobcats Game Thread 11/24/2010

What seed with the Knicks finish with, this year?

• 1st-4th seed

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 5th-7th seed

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • 8th seed

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 9th-12th seed

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 13th-15th seed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jzero29

Rotation player
how many blocks were in fact pointless tonight? several of them, in everygame, the opponent gets ball back and scores anyway...the idea is to block and get the ball. when teams miss, get the ball.
rebounding is most important.
These things will bite them in the ass eventually and they'll blow the game, when they get cold...just like the minnesota game. rebounds let the other team win from a 20plus point defficit.
They've been hot...but it won't last forever(i wish) but they are good enough to win when they go cold if they rebound...no second chance points.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I didn't say defensive rebounding i said rebounding....the only reason this game was close was cats had 10 more offensive rebounds then we did.

fundenmentals and basics are what win games and there is nothing more basic or fundemental about the game of basketball then rebounding. Learn the game son and then we can talk.

...You forgot that defense also wins games...

Yeah we didn't get too many offensive rebounds but we made up for that by getting back on defense very quickly and blocking a ton of shots especially in critical situations such as STAT's block of Jackson in the late 4th. Plus it might have just been a terrible rebounding night for the team, but they made up for it by playing good D down the stretch and I'd say that's by far more important

You're right about the blocks not being all THAT important, but it doesn't change the fact that the team is hustling to get back on D and I think that was a huge factor in our success. I don't know if it necessarily means giving up the offensive rebound, but I'm not complaining about a win. I'd be more worried about our lack of offense in the 4th quarter

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
What a win!!!!

What a ****ing win!!!!

Our captains took the game for us. Gutsy, gritty, flat out EARNED victory.

STAT's blocks, Ray Gun's all star effort, Chandler's smash oop.

I think I just jizzed.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
feltons steal/rebound off missed free throw to seal it.

True, that play sealed the game but I thought that if Amare didn't make that block and Charlotte scored on that possession, we probably lose the game. However, even if Felton doesn't make that play on the missed free throw, we still would have been leading and needing only one stop to ice it.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The great thing about the last two games, is that the Bobcats run didn't have this frustrating feeling like last year. The Bobcats are tough, and when it got very close, something within us made stops, scored, and picked up the win.

CoolClyde

penetrating and devastating

Feltip and STUD: i'm your captain, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!
what a game.

when STUD is blocking 6 shots, you just can't miss DLEE anymore, who never came CLOSE to being such a defensive presence, and that's what wins ball games. that, impact points, and his overall positive 'tude.

Feltip coming into his own, making this team all it can be. 'Antoni must be creaming in his jeans, wondering what he saw in Duhound in the first place. this is what a point guard is supposed to be... 13 assists! that steal clinched the game. so many teardrops! everyone loves raymondo!

too bad Gallo missed his first foul shot, but he made it all OK by knocking down those last 2 clutch FTs.

Weedson in the 3Q was awesome!
Timmy Moscow a tad quiet and lost, but 3 huge blocks!
Tony Chill and Skywalker with a couple killer 3's each!

Keys: 11 blocks!! 22 assists vs 15 TOs...

ps: i love Laundry Feels (no 'omo).
:afro::beer::afro:

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
This team is a team.
They play all together, they help each other, they are a group.
This is a real value, sometimes more than the pick and roll or the coach system.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Team Play

We have a "team" now. We have enough good players so that when one or two have off nights, there are others to pick it up. Gallo was weak last night, but Chandler was huge. Douglas, Walker and even Mozgov contributed. Fields and Turiaf are always solid, though this was not Fields' best game. The Bobcats are a very athletic team. Wallace, Thomas, Jackson and Augustin can play. They are better than their current record. These last two games were good wins.

Felton was superb and so was Amar'e. His blocks were majestic. He is such a great athlete that I expect we will see more of them in the future.

Let's keep it up!

I?m glad that 3ball is cut down; but they still do it when it?s not necessary...I guess old habits are hard to die. It?s also good to see they wised up and started penetrating more. I still think the system can be improved by getting the ball to Stat and Will around the paint more, their spacing shouldn?t always be around the parameter. There should be more swinging in and out with the big and atheletic men. This system is inspiring the 3ball, but that shot should be used sporadically, throw teams off balance with it.

The Defense is spiffing up, but their positioning is still suspect. Too many easy baskets and the double teams aren?t really doing anything but creating a more open shot for the opposition. This team hasn?t gel enough to play that type of D yet. A zone is more beneficial and it?s evident when Stat/Turiuf/Wilson decides to hover around the boards instead of chasing players around. As they become more familiar with each others tendencies? that D the coach is trying to implement will have more impact. The great D (block shots) we?ve been seeing was mainly on the individual?s efforts, not so much the system?giving up 100 points per game is the proof.

Gallo?s shooting is still woeful and he still can?t create off the dribble. I?m amazed at how teams are still sending him to the line instead of challenging him to make the basket, rarely does he get and 1?s. He really needs to work on his handle and bulk up some too; I?m tied of seeing him get thrown around, out rebounded and scored on due to his fragility, however, I?ll admit he has been helpful from the free throw and I do recognize a little bit more heart in the kid, at least he found a way to help the team out. I?ll take it.

We?ll see how the Knicks play against the healthy and better teams. It?s a good thing the first part of the season is kinda soft, it gives them a fair chance to get into BBall form so we can see who is worth trading or keeping for the long haul. The winning feels good thou, its suppose to...I'm waiting for the more meaningful games, the teams that will truely test them. I wish em the best ofcoarse, but I will reserve my glee until then...