This Is Why Amar'e Is Better Than D-lee Folks!

mafra

Legend
Three cheers for the NY Knicks. Their first 5-game winning streak in 5 years!

First there were the cheap sneakers Marbury put his name behind, then there was the time Eddy Curry forgot to bring his sneakers to training camp, but now we have this: The sneaker shot heard 'round the world.

Ever since Amar'e threw his sneakers at the water coolers, went into a tirade and called out his teammates.... The Knicks are 5-1. Winning 3 games out West and taking back-2-back games from CHA!

How huge is this win? Knicks now own the tiebreaker against CHA. That means they must finish at least 1 game better than us for the 8th spot. One team done!

SO, reason number one we went with Amar'e over David Lee... Well, it's all in the name. STAT is the type of player that lures a Carmelo or a Paul. More importantly, STAT is a LEADER. Type A personality. He demand-commands respect.

Did David Lee ever throw a shoe? Heck, did he ever even rip a shoelace in disgust?

We all love and respect Lee; but STAT is the better all-around player. Knicks won the game tonight b/c STAT had a tremendous block. Any doubt that S-Jax slams that home on Lee?

STAT then drained 2 free throws, and finally (although out of control) spun around in the lane and found Fields. GAME OVER.

Players are buying into winning; and it all begand when STAT willed this season around, not allowing his team to accept losing.

Who would guess after 16 games.... Knicks would be 8-8 and MIA potentialy 8-7.... Who would guess NY would trail MIA by a mere half game!

elcol

Rotation player
so true man, amare has the hear that lee doesn't, he wants to win, he doesn't care about stats or double doubles, he wants the team to win. amare defines intensity

mafra

Legend
I think Wilson Chandler said it best: (NY Post)

"The difference [from last season] is everybody cares," said Wilson Chandler, who had a wonderful 21-point night in which he bagged 4 of 5 3-pointers. "Losing for so long, it was like the norm. This year everybody wants to win."

Given the reality of the situation, if you were GM.... How could you even consider giving Lee 80 million and making him a centerpiece of yor team?

Sure, Amar'e has flaws, comes with risk, but people tend to neglect the fact that STAT is a leader while D-Lee is a follower.

For my money, I definitely roll the dice. So glad we did.

Let's be honest, Felton-STAT are making more with less.

STAT-FELTON have Fields, Randolph, Turiaf, Douglas
DUHON-LEE had Harrington, N8, Hughes, Barron,

3-13 last year. 8-8 this year.

WE ALL KNEW Felton would be light years better than Duhon. Most felt that STAT would be a slight upgrade in production on the court; but few took into account the competitive fire of both Felton-Stat off the court.

Willing teams to victory! Things were falling apart and STAT took control. 5 game winning streak later, here are the Knicks a half game behind the HEAT!

STAT has also improved his defensive game. HIs shot blocking helped NY go from last to first in shot blocking in NBA. He is even working on his rebounding. He has PRIDE!

David Lee went from a fringe bench player to an All-Star, but he never really grew into a leader. He comes from money. HIs aloof nature just wasn't something others could rally around. I wish him all the luck and LOVE that he's with S-Curry. That's sort of the NYK team we never had, right?

p0nder

Starter
I thought the same thing Mafra, Dlee and S-Curry was the team a lot of knicks fans wanted. I think that entire GSW team is built a LOT like how many people wanted to see the Knicks. Personally I am much happier with the team we have. I am happy for DLee and what he was able to accomplish as a player with us, but his lack of leadership left us a ship without a captain. The closest thing we had was Harrington and he's a loud mouth chucker who continues to bash his former organization, not the type of personality that the team could rally behind.

Three cheers for the NY Knicks. Their first 5-game winning streak in 5 years!

First there were the cheap sneakers Marbury put his name behind, then there was the time Eddy Curry forgot to bring his sneakers to training camp, but now we have this: The sneaker shot heard 'round the world.

Ever since Amar'e threw his sneakers at the water coolers, went into a tirade and called out his teammates.... The Knicks are 5-1. Winning 3 games out West and taking back-2-back games from CHA!

How huge is this win? Knicks now own the tiebreaker against CHA. That means they must finish at least 1 game better than us for the 8th spot. One team done!

SO, reason number one we went with Amar'e over David Lee... Well, it's all in the name. STAT is the type of player that lures a Carmelo or a Paul. More importantly, STAT is a LEADER. Type A personality. He demand-commands respect.

Did David Lee ever throw a shoe? Heck, did he ever even rip a shoelace in disgust?

We all love and respect Lee; but STAT is the better all-around player. Knicks won the game tonight b/c STAT had a tremendous block. Any doubt that S-Jax slams that home on Lee?

STAT then drained 2 free throws, and finally (although out of control) spun around in the lane and found Fields. GAME OVER.

Players are buying into winning; and it all begand when STAT willed this season around, not allowing his team to accept losing.

Who would guess after 16 games.... Knicks would be 8-8 and MIA potentialy 8-7.... Who would guess NY would trail MIA by a mere half game!

No need to squat on Lee. Amar'e is relishing this opportunity and doing a great job as a team leader. However, no one had any idea that Amar'e would also start to use his considerable athletic skills to play defense and protect the paint. Comparing Lee's year's to Amare's really doesn't make much sense, since Lee came here as the rookie and when D'Antoni took over, he made it clear that Lee was not his kind of guy and Duhon and Gallo were seen as the leaders. Lee played his role except that he developed into a very effective offensive player and rebounder.

Despite the turmoil and the fact that for two years we had teams of mercenaries just sucking up space, he was always a professional. We could've kept him but Turiaf is turning out to be more than capable defensively which helps us even if our rebounding is down.

But it's still early to be so cock-sure. Beating Bobcats is big, but that only means we can beat the middle of the road teams with our hustle. Given what we went through for two years, this is the minimum of what we should be able to do.

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
Yes...if I had a choice between STAT and DLee I would go with Stat. However, if DLee was on this team we'd be 12 and 4 right now and talking top 3 seed rather then bottom 3 seed.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
But it's still early to be so cock-sure. Beating Bobcats is big, but that only means we can beat the middle of the road teams with our hustle. Given what we went through for two years, this is the minimum of what we should be able to do.

If we can beat middle of the road teams while we're on the road, we're making it to the playoffs.

Remember that the Knicks only won 11 games on the road last year. Of 41 games on the road, the Knicks only need to go 16-25 provided they go 25-16 on the road to have a .500 record and make the playoffs (it's the Eastern Conference, after all). The fact that we're currently above .500 on the road is a good sign...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I was very skeptical of Stoudemire, then saw his pre-season, thought maybe he will be better for the team, very skeptical early in the season, and now that's he comfortable in this team, I'm excited every game for him.

No need to knock Lee, he played with heart for us. Golden State also hasn't been winning much if at all without Lee.

Hopefully we'll see Amar'e and Lee play together one day.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I think Wilson Chandler said it best: (NY Post)

"The difference [from last season] is everybody cares," said Wilson Chandler, who had a wonderful 21-point night in which he bagged 4 of 5 3-pointers. "Losing for so long, it was like the norm. This year everybody wants to win."

Given the reality of the situation, if you were GM.... How could you even consider giving Lee 80 million and making him a centerpiece of yor team?

Sure, Amar'e has flaws, comes with risk, but people tend to neglect the fact that STAT is a leader while D-Lee is a follower.

For my money, I definitely roll the dice. So glad we did.

Let's be honest, Felton-STAT are making more with less.

STAT-FELTON have Fields, Randolph, Turiaf, Douglas
DUHON-LEE had Harrington, N8, Hughes, Barron,

3-13 last year. 8-8 this year.

WE ALL KNEW Felton would be light years better than Duhon. Most felt that STAT would be a slight upgrade in production on the court; but few took into account the competitive fire of both Felton-Stat off the court.

Willing teams to victory! Things were falling apart and STAT took control. 5 game winning streak later, here are the Knicks a half game behind the HEAT!

STAT has also improved his defensive game. HIs shot blocking helped NY go from last to first in shot blocking in NBA. He is even working on his rebounding. He has PRIDE!

David Lee went from a fringe bench player to an All-Star, but he never really grew into a leader. He comes from money. HIs aloof nature just wasn't something others could rally around. I wish him all the luck and LOVE that he's with S-Curry. That's sort of the NYK team we never had, right?

you basically said everything i wouldve said no need for me to say anything loll

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Why some are still questioning whether Lee is better than Amare is completely baffling to me..

Some people simply have no ability to judge talent on the basketball court.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Why some are still questioning whether Lee is better than Amare is completely baffling to me..

Some people simply have no ability to judge talent on the basketball court.

I'm with u bro.. Amar'e is a perrenial all-star and we're seeing why right now.. He is much more explosive and ahletic.. I think Amar'e has actually elevated his game so far this year and is making everyone around him better.. Looks like the Suns are struggling without him out there in Pheonix.. Maybe it was STAT playing batman out there and Nash playing Robin?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'm with u bro.. Amar'e is a perrenial all-star and we're seeing why right now.. He is much more explosive and ahletic.. I think Amar'e has actually elevated his game so far this year and is making everyone around him better.. Looks like the Suns are struggling without him out there in Pheonix.. Maybe it was STAT playing batman out there and Nash playing Robin?
No way. Nash has still been getting wins for the Suns. He's still a top 3 PG.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Wow, Imagine if we got Bosh instead of STAT, I can't believe he was rated better than STAT. STAT is destroying opposing Power Forwards, I personally cannot wait for him to serve up a facial on the Heat and their weak ass front line. I bet LeBron is probably wondering how much better it would of been to come to New York and run with STAT and Gallo and actually have die hard fans and not fairweather bandwagon garbage fans. Bosh is looking soft right now In Miami, while STAT has proven himself to be effective with or without a play-maker to set him up.

As for the no defense argument, Amare is 11th in the league in block shots at 2.5 a game. As I have said all along with know nothings on this site who dared questioned Amare, he is worth every freaking penny.

p0nder

Starter
Is there even a better power forward then Amar'e out there? I mean, Tim Duncan was a power forward early on with D. Robinson playing center, but now he's a Center and i don't know if I could rate him higher then Amar'e right now.

Outside of him, who is better? Blake Griffin will get to Amar'e level quickly, but he's not there in his rookie season...

Bosh is soft and doesn't give the defensive prefence Amar'e has. Dirk is good but plays a different game and isn't on the same level in the lane and in traffic.

So seriously folks who is better then Amar'e at the PF position??

DLee isn't even in the conversation.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Is there even a better power forward then Amar'e out there? I mean, Tim Duncan was a power forward early on with D. Robinson playing center, but now he's a Center and i don't know if I could rate him higher then Amar'e right now.

Outside of him, who is better? Blake Griffin will get to Amar'e level quickly, but he's not there in his rookie season...

Bosh is soft and doesn't give the defensive prefence Amar'e has. Dirk is good but plays a different game and isn't on the same level in the lane and in traffic.

So seriously folks who is better then Amar'e at the PF position??

DLee isn't even in the conversation.

Much respect to Lee but when people mention the fact that he went from bench player to all-star, let's not forget that he was basically a throw in for an injured player. Only under that circumstance would he have been selected.

p0nder

Starter
Why is Pau better then Amar'e? I always considered him a C as thats what he plays a lot with the lakers and played C with his team previously. I don't think i'd consider him better then Amar'e.

Perhaps in certain areas, but overall, athletically I don't think Pau stacks up. And he certainly can't carry his team without Kobe.