The Official Mike D'Antoni Sucks Thread

Do you approve of Mike D'Antoni?

• Yes, this 5 game winning streak over lottery teams has me convinced.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Yes, but the Knicks will have to keep winning, before I join the D'Antoni bandwagon.

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • No, he sucks. He will be thrown in a dumpster(fired), after this year.

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

la2ny

Starter
Well we did lose three starters, two prospects, a draft choice and a fat guy named Curry. Of course we got Melo and Billups but we don't have any sort of bench we can rely on, we can't even rely on Billups at this point...
Well we never had a bench and as far as injuries go thats just how the cookie crumbles sometimes :shrug:

Edit: Theres no point in counting Randolph as a prospect because D'ant wouldn't even play him. Same for when we acquired Corey Brewer and just let him walk.

Well we never had a bench and as far as injuries go thats just how the cookie crumbles sometimes :shrug:

Edit: Theres no point in counting Randolph as a prospect because D'ant wouldn't even play him. Same for when we acquired Corey Brewer and just let him walk.

IMO I would of liked to have seen Randolph play for us, but in the case of Brewer, I had a feeling he did not want to be in NY and could of been a cancer for the team if forced to stay.

la2ny

Starter
IMO I would of liked to have seen Randolph play for us, but in the case of Brewer, I had a feeling he did not want to be in NY and could of been a cancer for the team if forced to stay.
Yeah i did too I had high hopes foe "Meal Ticket".

Corey looked pretty happy to me that first night Melo and everyone played. Switching from Minnesota to New York would make me happy atleast lol.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
D'Antoni sucks.

This is what's going to happen to Antoni.
nba_g_dantoni_400.jpg

1001029_013700219603_A_400.jpg

garbage-bag.jpg

dumpster2_edited2.jpg

x160.jpg

STAT1

Starter
Down 14 with 5 minutes left to play & Jared Jeffries becomes our primary offensive option down the stretch. Mind blowingly stupid decisions made by this coach sometimes, I don't understand how he ever got the Suns to win all those games.

la2ny

Starter
Down 14 with 5 minutes left to play & Jared Jeffries becomes our primary offensive option down the stretch. Mind blowingly stupid decisions made by this coach sometimes, I don't understand how he ever got the Suns to win all those games.
Because they were crazy loaded

STAT1

Starter
Because they were crazy loaded

They were definitely loaded, but still they played with cohesion & played good fundamental basketball. I think most of that had to do with Steve Nash being his ball facilitator. Maybe we really do need CP3 to come here, it's becoming clear w/o a superstar PG this head coach is clueless.

la2ny

Starter
They were definitely loaded, but still they played with cohesion & played good fundamental basketball. I think most of that had to do with Steve Nash being his ball facilitator. Maybe we really do need CP3 to come here, it's becoming clear w/o a superstar PG this head coach is clueless.
Exactly why we need 2 can him. Adelman has an offence similar to the Triangle and everyone know the triangle needs no true point man.

STAT1

Starter
Exactly why we need 2 can him. Adelman has an offence similar to the Triangle and everyone know the triangle needs no true point man.

Believe me bro I would like nothing more than to see this coach get canned I'm sick & tired of all his headscratching substitutions, stupid late game management, smugness when answering legitimate questions & criticisms thrown his way & the same cot dayam mistakes being made over & over again by this team, it's like whatever he's telling them (or maybe he isn't) is going in 1 ear & out the other. I dunno if Rick Adelman is the answer but I don't get the feeling M_A is gonna get fired this summer, I think Dolan is going to give him a full training camp with this new roster to see if he can get them playing the way he expects them to play. I would say 'Antoni's job will be on the line in the first half of next season if the Knicks aren't playing top level ball by then he's a goner for sure.

la2ny

Starter
Believe me bro I would like nothing more than to see this coach get canned I'm sick & tired of all his headscratching substitutions, stupid late game management, smugness when answering legitimate questions & criticisms thrown his way & the same cot dayam mistakes being made over & over again by this team, it's like whatever he's telling them (or maybe he isn't) is going in 1 ear & out the other. I dunno if Rick Adelman is the answer but I don't get the feeling M_A is gonna get fired this summer, I think Dolan is going to give him a full training camp with this new roster to see if he can get them playing the way he expects them to play. I would say 'Antoni's job will be on the line in the first half of next season if the Knicks aren't playing top level ball by then he's a goner for sure.
An thats y Ih8 Dolan

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
This loss must have pleased you more than it did the Celtics fans. With fans like these, who needs rivals.

Not liking the coach has nothing to do with the team.

I want the Knicks to do well, but I want Antoni off the team. That's all.

I've been saying Antoni sucks from day 1; after 3 years of him sucking, I want him off the team.

CoolClyde

Suckiness continued

is it any wonder STUD is hurt and the last few weeks of the season his numbers diminished? Laundry has Folded and Tony Chill's numbers have gone down significantly as well.

Antoni had this coming to him, we've seen it before with Duhound, he runs his players into the ground with the short rotation, and by the end of the season, they're spent. His substitutions suck ass. why is Masonite Jr getting run in the playoffs? why is Skywalker in the game when he's 0-11?

I commended Pringles for the 7 game winning streak, as his "playoff auditions" included an open roster where everyone got run, especially Sheldon "Tinyface" Williams; the entire team played defense, and even without STUD, the Knicks were healthy, running and gunning.

Now, Girafferies represents the face of the Knicks defensively, and even though he has played his best ball of the season in the playoffs, he still looks lost half the time, and canNOT go to the hoop with gusto (memories of Charles Smith each and every time he touches the ball). He's got horrible hands, and basically lost game 2 with his wishy-washy last second decision-making. this all falls on Antoni for playing Girafferies so much and in critical situations. I'd much rather see Tinyface in the game, especially if Tuffiaf is hurting. but NOOOOOOO. doghouse for tinyface for the playoffs.

Melo was fantastic in game 2, but playing him the entire game so he's so beat at the end he can't cover Delonte West on a kickout to the backcourt? Game over! whose fault, Antoni for not recognizing such a play was possible, or the fact that Melo is too tired to respond to a smart play. Everyone says Doc Rivers was smart for calling that play, but who's calling Antoni an idiot for not seeing it coming? Not JPZ, that's for sure!

If Antoni is fired, I will be very happy, despite getting our asses roasted in game 3, and losing very winnable games in Celtdickland. This coach's attitude sucks beyond any New York coach we've ever had, he thinks he's always right, he's not humble, his doghouse is ridiculous, and he overplays his best players to the point we're seeing now. There is no team defense in the Antoni world, it's just players playing hard, but falling flat in the end.

As Clyde says, No "D", No "W".

FIRE THE F*CK!
pringle_wesuck.jpg