The Official Mike D'Antoni Sucks Thread

Do you approve of Mike D'Antoni?

• Yes, this 5 game winning streak over lottery teams has me convinced.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Yes, but the Knicks will have to keep winning, before I join the D'Antoni bandwagon.

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • No, he sucks. He will be thrown in a dumpster(fired), after this year.

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
This thread is long overdue.

Mike D'Antoni is trash, and he will be thrown in a dumpster, once this losing season comes to an end.
104328.jpg

C2D+Dumpster.jpg

Mike D'Antoni admitted his seven seconds or less system was a failure; that's why he switched to a triangle offense.

D'Antoni sucks.

The Knicks are allowing 108.4 points per game, during this winning streak that came against lottery bound and injury depleted teams.

D'Antoni sucks, the end.

I don't have faith that this style will ever win a title so yes sooner or later even if we are a playoff team we're gonna need a new coaching philosophy here to get us over the hump.

iSaYughh

Starter
Gotta respect a man sticking to his shit even during an electric winning streak.

abcd's use of images and icons is masterful and peerless, too.

But still df'wrong on D'antoni-Gallo. :afro:

Guess we see. No matter, one side will be asswrecked and proven fail by the time the season ends, at the latest.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Mike D'Antoni "put a countdown on his head"-Stephon Marbury(2x All Star)

Mike D'Antoni sucks.

His system is a fraud. Apparently, it was Nash making the SSOL system look good, and the system itself was complete trash.

"The "Seven Seconds or Less'' philosophy had to be torn up, and it might remain that way unless the Knicks eventually bring Steve Nash to New York to run it again for Mike D'Antoni"
http://nba.msg.com/article/0eKLbIGdWb567?q=New+York+Knicks

This is where D'Antoni's going, by the end of this season:
garbage-bag.jpg

pat

Starter
That's strike one for Antoni.

Dude, you are to predictable. You keep quite on a winning streak and start throwing ish at our players and coach once we lose three games in a row. This might come as news to you, but this is a young team and those tend to be streaky.
How on earth could that be strike one? Did you really expect us to go from one of the worst teams in the league whose only aim it was to shed salary to championship contender and ice cold killers within one year by adding one allstar, one solid point guard, a second round draft pick, two role players (of whom one has yet to play) and a project.
If that is so, I would like to have some of the stuff you are smoking, because surely, it must feel very nice to have such an optimist outlook on basketball and life in general. One the other hand all the hatred for Dantoni burning inside you must be really painful. So as you can see, I am in a bit of an ethical pickle here: should I envy or pity you?

KingCharles34

All Star
DAMN abcd's got these faggits heated. I pity a fool that would bother coming in here and dropping a paragraph that has little to do with the knowledge ABCD has dropped on us. These homo's need to be patted down before they come into your threads ABCD, i think this one fool has a stun gun that he wants to use on you so he can stun you and grease you where no one dared. This was the moment i feared, faggs running wild throughout this forum.

It dont matter if you disagree with abcd or not, hes got a right to his opinion and although i only partially agree I see where hes coming from with everything that he has said. He doesnt insult other posters unless they insult him so if you got a warm heart and your sensitive then you should find a bubble to move into.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Dude, you are to predictable. You keep quite on a winning streak and start throwing ish at our players and coach once we lose three games in a row. This might come as news to you, but this is a young team and those tend to be streaky.
How on earth could that be strike one? Did you really expect us to go from one of the worst teams in the league whose only aim it was to shed salary to championship contender and ice cold killers within one year by adding one allstar, one solid point guard, a second round draft pick, two role players (of whom one has yet to play) and a project.
If that is so, I would like to have some of the stuff you are smoking, because surely, it must feel very nice to have such an optimist outlook on basketball and life in general. One the other hand all the hatred for Dantoni burning inside you must be really painful. So as you can see, I am in a bit of an ethical pickle here: should I envy or pity you?

Keep obsessing over Antoni. UR just mad, cause he's getting exposed.

I don't hate D'Antoni; I don't know where you got that from.

This is basketball.

I don't know what type of person D'Antoni is. He doesn't seem like a good person, judging from the way he treated Nate Robinson, Jordan Hill, Larry Hughes, etc. But maybe he just made a mistake, and he's a nice person off the court.

I just don't want him coaching the Knicks, because he doesn't stress defense, and his system is a failure.

He had 4 All Stars his entire time in Phoenix and couldn't even make it passed a Mavericks team that got knocked out by the Warriors and Hornets. Enuff said about Antoni.

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Antoni!

This is basketball.

I don't know what type of person D'Antoni is. He doesn't seem like a good person, judging from the way he treated Nate Robinson, Jordan Hill, Larry Hughes, etc. But maybe he just made a mistake, and he's a nice person off the court.

I just don't want him coaching the Knicks, because he doesn't stress defense, and his system is a failure.

He had 4 All Stars his entire time in Phoenix and couldn't even make it passed a Mavericks team that got knocked out by the Warriors and Hornets. Enuff said about Antoni.

Don't forget, there's no D' in Antoni.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer

This is basketball.

He had 4 All Stars his entire time in Phoenix and couldn't even make it passed a Mavericks team that got knocked out by the Warriors. Enuff said about Antoni.

While i may not like D'Antoni a whole lot, your blind hatred of the man is obvious and a little repulsing. I agree that his preference for players can be annoying in that he overrates shooting (Gallo) and underrates solid defenders to low. As a consequence of his taste and not his actual defensive coaching, the Knicks are a crappy defensive team. Its not his scheme but rather his personel. You can't expect STAT and Wilson to Dominate the boards and Gallisofti to guard Lebron James. Thats not just D'antoni's fault but Donnie's fault as well.

Side note: Nate was a headcase, Jordan Hill is TEARING IT UP in his garbage time minutes for a horrible Rockets team, and I don't even know if Larry Hughes has touched a basketball this season, so you can't knock D'Antoni for that.

The problem in the argument your making is your timing. Does the term "fair-weather fan" mean anything to you? I have been here pointing out problems x,y and z throughout the season through good times and bad. You only post this crap when the Knicks are losing yet miraculously are nowhere to be found in the middle of a 8 game winning streak. I would give you the "captain obvious" award, but sadly I cannot because what you are saying is simply overblown and one sided.

I preface all this with the fact that I am not a D'Antoni fan and a huge Gallo "hater." While D'antoni is no defensive wiz and perhaps does not light the fire under his players that a Doc Rivers or Jerry Sloan does he has some accomplishments over this season.

1. Raymond Felton and Amar'e are playing some of the best basketball of their careers. STAT is a legit MVP candidate and you could mae a strong case for Felton's inclusion into the All-Star game this season.

2. He has done a reasonable job with a young group of players. Fields Gallo and Chandler the other 3 in the starting lineup have little experience and for that matter have never really been part of a winning NBA team. In fact the starting of Fields is a direct contradiction to the notion that he doesn't like rookies. He also has Toney Douglas as his 6th man, so again hes not working with a whole lot here.

3. Speaking of Toney D., we have major depth issues. A lot of people on here bitching and moaning about D'Anotni not playing Randolph, Mozgov and co. The Knicks HAVE NO DEPTH. After Douglas your looking at an injured Azibuike,
a nicked up Turiaf and a useless group includin Mozgov and Randolph. Every time D'Antoni gives Felt or STAT a breather we give up 6 or 8 points in a matter of 2-3 minutes. Consequently when your starters are logging 40+ minutes a night every night your going to lose your 3rd game in 4 nights no matter who your playing.

4. The Knicks are above .500 for now, something that hasn;t been accomplished in roughly a decade. If you want to rate him based on two previous seasons I can't argue stupidity.

5. The Knicks finally have an identity and some chemistry going on. Yet nobody expected them to beat the Celtics or Heat and while not excusable losing to the Cavs is understandable for the reasons I have already stated. The Knicks are headed i the right direction, they are relevant for the firs time in 10 years and have a great cap situation a plethora of prospects and assets.

This is a team in transition and people with extremely optimistic and pessimistic views need not waste everybody else's time proclaiming we are "contenders with Melo" or "We suck." We are in between but the glass is certainly half full not empty.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
While i may not like D'Antoni a whole lot, your blind hatred of the man is obvious and a little repulsing. I agree that his preference for players can be annoying in that he overrates shooting (Gallo) and underrates solid defenders to low. As a consequence of his taste and not his actual defensive coaching, the Knicks are a crappy defensive team. Its not his scheme but rather his personel. You can't expect STAT and Wilson to Dominate the boards and Gallisofti to guard Lebron James. Thats not just D'antoni's fault but Donnie's fault as well.

I do not hate D'Antoni. I don't know why people think I hate him.

I'm judging him as a coach, not as a person.

As for Nate Robinson, where's the proof that he's a head case?

Doc Rivers has no complaints. And if Robinson was such a head case, why did Boston keep him?

D'Antoni publicly said he doesn't play bad rookies, when referring to Hill.

Hughes sucks, but it was uncalled for for D'Antoni to publicly say "well, he thinks he can help the team, I don't" while snickering and laughing at the media.

As for me being quiet over the Knicks winning streak, that is total B.S.

I posted on about 5 of the game threads, giving support to the Knicks.

Just because I don't like D'Antoni as a coach, doesn't mean I don't like the players on the team.

That's what people don't get.

You don't have to support a coach to support a team.

Many people didn't like Isiah Thomas when he coached the team, but they still supported the Knicks.

I don't support D'Antoni, but I support the Knicks. That's my right.

The Knicks were 3rd place in the East, in the 2004-2005 season, and they missed the playoffs.

This is not the first time the Knicks have had a false good start.

letting Lebrons role players beat us and be another (POOR) team to put up more than 100 ponts on us is saying alot about his coaching ability. He made some hugh adjustments early in the season with all those crazy 3point shots, but his defense has always been crappy. This coach needs a roster of All stars to be a true winning coach. He depends on scoring a lot of points to over shadow his lack of ability to coach Defense. This is going to be a Tough and telling month of B-Ball for the coach...the team...and the fans.